Critical State Of Sikhs In North Punjab- Changing Faiths

What is disheartening is the Sants , Babas, Sikh organisations in Punjab do not show much concern about the situation. Personal interest over the Panth .

Maybe it's Waheguru ji's ishara to stop relying on others and listen to him and become pooran Gursikhs in our own right , self-reliant , totally owning our own mistakes rather than looking to blame others for our lack Bhagat Puran Singh ji didn't do what he did by expecting koi sant or baba will start the work , why do we ? see the need, fill the need. don't wait on others learn and share Sikhi ourselves in our homes in our neighbourhoods ... spread Waheguru's love and word

Stop blaming other people. We need to make a change. There will be no Singh Sabha in Punjab that will bring Sikhi back. It is up to us, those in the west. The diaspora is influential and well established, it has the money, the power, the ability to make a change. This could be the generation, besides the Gurus, who can make the biggest impact on the future of Sikhi. Don't rely on other people. Don't sit there posting X Baba said this would happen. Do something about it. Work on your own Sikhi. Don't rely on some sants interpration of bani. Go look at Guru Ji yourself, listen to your Guru, then live what he tells you. Spread the word through your actions.

The Sikh institutions have failed our people. Once people of all backgrounds were flocking to join Sikhi. Low castes saw Sikhi as something that would help destroy inequality. Sikhi empowered people to fight tyranny and injustice. Now it seems as if our institutions are doing the oppressing. Many low castes feel isolated by our leaders. Please, those with money, intellectual skills, help movements. Create schools or hospitals in your area. Encourage Sikhi parchar in your area. Inspire people by living the Guru's word.

Singh Sabha wasn't just a political movement. It was an intellectual movement. This is what we need, we need parchar, we need research. We need to encourage debate in the panth. If someone has an opposing view on a topic, debate them. Don't start name calling, calling them an athiest or try to call them a non-Sikh. This isn't how anything grows. We need more discussion and debate on bani.

Stop blaming other people. We need to make a change. There will be no Singh Sabha in Punjab that will bring Sikhi back. It is up to us, those in the west. The diaspora is influential and well established, it has the money, the power, the ability to make a change. This could be the generation, besides the Gurus, who can make the biggest impact on the future of Sikhi. Don't rely on other people. Don't sit there posting X Baba said this would happen. Do something about it. Work on your own Sikhi. Don't rely on some sants interpration of bani. Go look at Guru Ji yourself, listen to your Guru, then live what he tells you. Spread the word through your actions.

The Sikh institutions have failed our people. Once people of all backgrounds were flocking to join Sikhi. Low castes saw Sikhi as something that would help destroy inequality. Sikhi empowered people to fight tyranny and injustice. Now it seems as if our institutions are doing the oppressing. Many low castes feel isolated by our leaders. Please, those with money, intellectual skills, help movements. Create schools or hospitals in your area. Encourage Sikhi parchar in your area. Inspire people by living the Guru's word.

Singh Sabha wasn't just a political movement. It was an intellectual movement. This is what we need, we need parchar, we need research. We need to encourage debate in the panth. If someone has an opposing view on a topic, debate them. Don't start name calling, calling them an athiest or try to call them a non-Sikh. This isn't how anything grows. We need more discussion and debate on bani.

Your post couldn't be any more clearer. We Sikhs literally wait till we are cornered until we actually get up and start doing something to revive our Panth. Sant Attar Singh Ji sent Teja Singh to America for a purpose to open gurdwaras here and get Sikhi going, but because he knew what would happen to Sikhs in Punjab. But just because he knew that doesn't mean us Sikhs living comfortable lives in the West can't start something parchar related in our areas.

Khalsa aren't supposed to live long lives if you think about it. Many would join Sikhi in flocks if the Khalsa was doing what it is supposed to. We are supposed to be protecting people from all sorts of evil-doings. Instead we keep doing bani and naam japping comfortably in our homes and not spreading dharam parchar(like me). Guru Gobind Singh Ji himself said I've come into this world for Dharam Parchar. Our Gurus did parchar, why can't we? At the same time we have to work on our jeevan and let our lives be an inspiration for other Sikhs and non-Sikhs. Yes, different groups need to openly debate without cussing or giving death threats. This is how we will move on to Panthic unity, which is a must. We have had enemies making sure Sikhs stay divided because they sure do know what would happen if Sikhs did unite as one.

Thirdly, I totally agree with you that the Western intellectual Sikhs have to put in a lot of work to turn Sikhi around.To me, I think it starts in the gurdwaras in the West. Old generation might not let youth run gurdwaras until they die, but i guarentee our youth know what the real panthic problems are. But let me tell you, as long as these old uncles don't let youth involve in doing parchar and not letting them on the committee, the more time is being wasted. I suggest Sikh youth to debate gurdwara committees and get them cornered for what really is the purpose of a gurdwara? Gurdwara reformation must happen where Parchar is the number one mission to give knowledge to sangat and outsiders and spread Guru's wisdom with others. Especially there are many chardi kala Sikhs out there who are keeping such spiritual wisdom with themselves, that we have to plea to them come out and do some parchar for the good of the Panth.

Lastly, It really goes down to those Sikhs in Punjab to really wake up and start a movement. Hunger Strikes haven't achieved nothing. There are so many anti-Panthic forces that its pretty sad and on top of that deras have brainwashed Sikhs here and there.

Not that big of a deal, the land Jesus was born has become Muslim, I think it's just a stage of growth for the faith, Vaheguru would never let Sikhi end.

Sikhi isn't going anywhere. Khalsa is God's army. Those who will try to finish off Sikhi will be finished themselves before. History has shown it. Christian missionaries have tried this before in the late 1800's. They can try harder this time but will never succeed.

There in lies the issue our panthic organisations, jathebandis etc are corrupt from top to bottom. Gurbakah Singh's Morcha has proven this, the silence and lack of support from panthic leaders was deafening.

Why have we not compiled a list of the corrupt Jathebandis and leaders and questioned them directly ? If they provide no answers all sangat should boycott them and blacklist them. Financially and in terms of don't allow them the stage at any Gurughars. Until the corruptness is removed and quality parchaar is reinstated there is no chance for forward movement.

I don't really blame some of the people who convert to another faith in the Punjab. If the tenents of Sikhi were practiced throughout the society they would have no reason to convert. Those who convert can be considered to be mainly in the lower socio-economic groups (plus Christianity is pushed as 'modern' i.e. Western, hence the bollywood / i want to make more money/move abroad brigade are attracted to it).

Those at the 'bottom' in Punjab (just like the rest of India) are treated appallingly (i've been there many times and spoken to many in my pigeon Hindi). Put yourself in their position, if someone came along and said we will give you x,y,z and you can leave your caste at the door, then wouldn't you be interested? Sikhi offers this but doesn't deliver in the Punjab.

Punjab has become a dump and and a basket case, which I doubt was done by 'accident'