What is the Sarbloh Granth

Sher Khalsa

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

sangat ji, I was just wondering if anyones knows anything about the sarbloh granth. To be honest I never knew that this granth existed - it was only thorugh researching the shahbads of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji I found it. Like the Dasan Granth was it compiled after Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji left this world? Thank you.

Sorry if I have made any errors or mistakes - please forgive me.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Sarbloh Granth is about War.....

before you read it make sure you know the maryada....

because when you read the shabads you get so much bir ras...

you have to do anand sahib afterwards to calm yourself down...

like you know chandi di vaar gets you hyped up, sarbloh granth is suppose to be even moreee

The Sarbloh Granth is not a small Granth, it's as big in 'size' as the Sri Dasam Granth. If you want to start doing paath from Sarbloh Granth you should really got the pothis. They are available in two volumes and are published only by Budha Dal. I'm not sure how much paath you would be able to find online from Sri Sarbloh Granth but Khalsa Mehma (Khalsa mero roop hai khaas) is one of the most commonly used shabad from Sarbloh Granth and it's available on Sikhi to the Max.

vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa

vaaheguroojeekeefatheh!!!!!!

khalsa jee,

who compiled sri sarbloh granth ?

and who compiled sri dasam granth?

wow... guru gobind singh sahib really wrote all that bani for this world to be enlightened...

that is all sachee bani - dhur kee bani - wow... i should read it !

but at the same time i must do sehaj paath of dhan dhan sri guru granth sahib ji...

can you please tell me if there is any procedure for beginning a sehaj paath?

is it the same procedure for sehaj paath of sri dasam granth or sri sarbloh granth?

also what if i started santhiya class of sehaj paath of sri guru granth sahib ji but left on ang 100 ... should i continue from there even if i did not go back to that santhiya class which took place a month ago?

thanks for your guidance

stay in chardee kalaa jee,

vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaaa

vaaaaheguroojeekeefathehhhh!!!!!!

I believe that many things from Sarbloh Granth are indeed right and true, but at the same time, the Encyclopaedia of Sikhism says:

"The authorship is however questioned by researchers and Scholars of Sikhism on several counts.  First, the work is marked by extraordinary effusiveness and discursiveness of style over against the compactness characteristic of Guru Gobind Singh's composition as collected in the Dasam Granth.  Qualitatively too, the poety of Sarbloh Granth does not match that of Guru Gobind Singh's Chandi Charitras and aar Durga Kee dealing with the same topic of wars between the gods and the demons.  Profusion of metaphor and superb imagery of the latter compositions are missing here.  Second, the author of Sarbloh Granth often uses his name, "Das Gobind" or the phrase "Das Gobind Fatah satigur ki" which is generally contrary to the style of Guru Gobind Singh.  Third, the Sarbloh Granth contains, quite out of context, an account of the Sikh religion, which also includes a reference to the devolution of guruship on Guru Granth and Guru Panth (stanzas 3159-66).  This would be out of place in a work of Guru Gobind Singh's own composition.  Lastly, there is also a reference in it to Rup Dip Bhasha Pingal (stanza 2938/8) a work on prosody written by one Jaya Krishna in 1719, i.e. eleven years after the death of the Guru.

According to Pandit Tara Singh Narotam, a nineteenth century Sikh scholar and researcher, Sarbloh Granth is the work of Bhai

Sukha Singh, a granthi or priest at Takht Harimandar Sahib at Patna Sahib, who however claimed that he acquired its manuscript from an Udasi recluse living in a forest near Jagannath (Orissa)."

The Encyclopaedia of Sikhism ed. Harbans Singh Punjabi University Patiala,

Vol 4, pg. 57

Bhai Bikramjit SIngh wrote a very informative article on this a while back. Here it is:

Taken from:

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=...=sarbloh+granth

Here's something I posted about the Sarbloh Granth on another forum.

The Sarbloh Granth is not Gurbani. The Nihangs like to maintain that it is a secret text because it's history only goes back 200 years. The Sikhs of Panjab from the times of Guru Gobind Singh to around 1803 did not have access to this Granth. It is ironic that the Granth which is supposed to be full of 'Bir Ras' and inspire a warrior spirit in the reader was not available to the Sikhs in the 18th century when they needed it the most. This means that Banda Singh Bahadur, Nawab Kapur Singh, Jassa Singh Ahluwalia, Jassa Singh Ramgarhia and the Budha Dal and Tarna Dal did not have this Granth.

In the commentary prepared by Baba Harnam Das Udasi for the Budha Dal Sampuran satik Sri Sarabloh granth sahib ji, he states that the Granth only reached Punjab in 1803 and prior to that it was in the south. Since this is a book which was written for and published by the Budha Dal then one must assume that the Nihangs accept this finding of Baba Harnam Das.

Even then it would be fair to assume that the Budha Dal did not accept the Sarbloh Granth as authentic until sometime after that. Most of the European travellers who visited th

e Punjab before it's annexation in 1849 talk only of two Granths being installed amongst the Nihangs. It is possible that even then the Sarbloh Granth was a 'secret text' and it would not have been installed for these travellers to see. But what better way to introduce a Granth which cannot be traced back to Guru Gobind Singh but to claim it to have been a 'secret text'. But when you introduce the concept of 'secret texts' you then have to invent other mythology in order to sustain the concept of a 'secret text'. You then get 'secret martial art', 'hidden knowledge' etc. So in the end you go from a Sikhism of the Guru Granth Sahib in which Gurbani is available to all who seek it to one of 'secret texts'.

Many scholars have tried to analyse the Sarbloh Granth and the most famous has been Pandit Tara Singh Narotam. His findings published in his book 'Gurmat Nirnay Sagar' which were also accepted by Bhai Kahan Singh Nabha were that the Sarbloh Granth was not the work of Guru Gobind Singh. His findings were that it was actually written by Bhai Sukha Singh who was a granthi at Patna Sahib. Pandit Tara Singh Narotam studied the Sarbloh Granth based on the language used and it's poetic merit. He found the Sarbloh Granth lacking in both. The Sarbloh Granth deals with the wars between the Gods and the Demons and when Pandit Tara Singh Narotam compared it's poetry with that of the Dasam Granth he concluded that the poetry as well as the language could not be the work of Guru Gobind Singh. His views on the Ogardanti was that the language was too rustic and uncultured to have been written by Guru Gobind Singh. The words 'Tumman' (you ) and 'Humman' ( Me, us ) which are used in Chakkas 1 and 9 are from the language of illiterate peasants of Bihar. Such uncultured language does not exist in the Dasam Granth.

Many Sanatan Sikhs accept that all three Granths are Gurbani. The fact that one of the greatest scholars that the

Nirmalas ever produced concluded that it was not Gurbani still doesn't make a difference. For them the Guru Granth Sahib which was given Guruship, the Dasam Granth of which even the fiercest critics still concede contains some works of Guru Gobind Singh and a secret text which has a dubious history are all on the same level and all worthy to be called Guru!.

The Nihangs of the Budha Dal have readily accepted the Sarbloh Granth as Gurbani but the Nirmalas who being scholars have their doubts about the Sarbloh Granth. The Nirmalas like all scholars like to base their judgements on their knowledge or the knowledge of others who have studied the matter for longer. If you told a true Nirmala that you have a 'secret text' which is Gurbani he will test that text rather than accept it there and then. This is what the Nirmalas of the 19th century such as Tara Singh Narotam did when faced with being told by Nihangs that the Sarbloh Granth was Gurbani.

Lastly people like to believe in 'secret texts' and 'secret martial arts' rather than trust their own rationale. That's probably why more people watch Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings than watch the news.