Gurdas Maan At Narakhdari Smagam

hsingh8963

the lack of knowledge about dharmendra's life is because i have my own ...

my Great-grandfather's younger brother was married for over two decades and had no children , he then had another marriage after his wife insisted and had children in that marriage as far as I have been told he still looked after both wives and children.

I have known a couple of these incidences. Usually it is with a wife's younger sister.

Dharmendra converted to Islam only in name, he does not practise the faith. He did it to have two wives at the same time because he did not want to divorce his previous wife. He was born to a Sikh mother (Satwant Kaur) and Arya Samaj influenced father of a Sikh background (Kewal Krishan Singh Deol).

The thing about the show business industry is it is what it says on the tin, a "show" industry. Their whole profession is to pretend. The entertainment industry has always been traditionally known for what it is which is a kanjar industry.

Because of the advent of mass media, these people some how have too much influence on the gullible. People should take them for what they really are: kanjars and court jesters.

Gurdas Mann is an entertainer (read: kanjar) and will go anywhere where he gets money. Him dancing with jhanjars at Muslim deras like a courtesan and supporting the likes of KP Gill make him unworthy of being called a Sikh. He is a disgrace.

Even Dara Singh was close to the Gandhis. He also paid homage to known Hindu extremist Harbans Lal Khanna.

The only person in Bollywood with a heart of gold was Sunil Dutt (a Hindu Punjabi). He protested against the human rights violations in Punjab and walked from Mumbai to Amritsar.

Yes, even during the kharkoo era, some singhs took on anotha wife, jagraj singh mentioned it, during 1 of his talks. Many women joined up with kharkoos, but due to panjabi culture, of charcha/chuglis, of un-married women roamin around with men, it wouldnt look right. So some married singhs whom already had wives.

Even some of the gurus had more than 1 wives, but that didnt mean they had relations with them (kids). Many ppl wud offer their daughters to the gurus, even if they were already married. The problem was, that if the gurus turned down these extra women, then those women wud b never have marriage proposals from others, coz of rejections, jus anotha stupid asian tradition. Unlike other lusty/horny prophets/gurus, our guru no matter how many wives they had, only had relations with 1.

Yeah, hasn't it occured to you that some young men joined the movement and decided they'd like more wives. They justified it using the excuse of Punjabi culture. There were true Singhs during the Khalistani period, but the movement was infiltrated by young men who were angry and didn't understand Sikhi properly. Just because they married multiple women, doesn't mean its right.

The Gurus didn't have more than one wife. People make up to justify their own actions. Have you noticed how the "king" Gurus had more than one wife. Why don't the more "saintly" Gurus have more than one wife? Why don't people say Guru Nanak Dev Ji or Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji had more than one wife? The Sikhs during the Misl time made this wife thing up to justify the practice of having multiple wives. They used the excuse of the Gurus did it, so why can't we? The Gurus did not have multiple wives.

Bani tells us

ਮਃ ੩ ॥
  • Third Mehl:
ਧਨ ਪਿਰੁ ਏਹਿ ਨ ਆਖੀਅਨਿ ਬਹਨਿ ਇਕਠੇ ਹੋਇ ॥
  • They are not said to be husband and wife, who merely sit together.
ਏਕ ਜੋਤਿ ਦੁਇ ਮੂਰਤੀ ਧਨ ਪਿਰੁ ਕਹੀਐ ਸੋਇ ॥੩॥
  • They alone are called husband and wife, who have one light in two bodies. ||3||

One light in two bodies, not in 4 bodies.

Also, read Bhai Gurdas Ji vaars, he warns Sikhs against polygamy.

I personally am a fan of Gurdas Maan's music. His music is very culturally enriched and his lyrics are usually very pure. He is just a singer, writer, actor, etc. He does not claim to be a religious role model. His religious views are upto him. I don't think he has ever stood up and told people that they should stop believing what they believe and start doing what he does. I don't agree with or support all of his religious practices, but I still respect him for what he has done for Punjabiyat.

I think the "more than one wife" thing is less religious and more cultural, my grandparents used to tell me stories of how things were back then and in was pretty commonplace in the more rural area's in the Punjab for a man to have more than one wife purely for the fact that villages were small and far apart and some families didn't want their daughters moving to villages that were too far, the easy option was to "keep in in the family" so to speak amongst many other reaons, as far as Dharmendra is concerned, the guy converted to Islam to marry Hema Malini, he was hardly as poster child for Sikhs in the first place, Punjabi's maybe nut not Sikhs, you also have to ask yourself that he was more than willing to convert over to her religion and the drop of a hat to marry her but i seriously doubt she would have forgone Islam to marry him, like I've already said in a previous post, people need to stop idolising entertainers as some kind of role model's, a lot of them live on different planets than us anyway.