When To Go For Pesh.

waheguru27

I fail to wake at amrit vela, resulting in not doing nitnem paath or simran in the early hours of the morning. I feel like my sikhi saroop isn't there, which makes me feel 'dead whilst yet alive..' I set a routine and slowly it works and then something gets in the way, resulting to failure again. I haven't been consistent with amrit vela, some days are better than others but I feel like I'm sinning.

Does this mean I will have to go to pesh to ask for forgiveness as I've initially broken a vow to guru sahib of not waking at amrit vela and doing nitnem bani..

Please any advice would be helpful.

WJKK WJKF

Bhaji/Bhenjee, keep it up. Don't beat yourself up!! Guru Jee knows best!

I'm assuming you don't miss your Nitnaym, whether its at AmritVela or later? These things normally take time and ofcourse kirpa. So first thing to do is a heartfelt Ardaas asking for the gift of AmritVela. Do this Ardaas daily after your Nitnaym. Even if you get up later, still do you Nitnaym without fail. Start small and then gradually build up.

Its great that at very least you are recognising that you are missing AV.

Dude some types of routines don't work for everyone or may not work at a particular stage in life. That's being human. Like Singhuk said you can't beat yourself up for being human.

I find that for me, doing simran all day works way better.

Chant His name at least once a day. That should be easy to start with. Then build up on that. Eventually you might find a routine that works for you.

Hope that helps.

Bhenji you can chant His name once a day. Is there any complication with this?

If you do something daily that's called a nitnem. Nit - constant, nem - discipline

Start with a manageable nitnem, something you can do easily then build up from there. Set goals for yourself. Write them down and work towards building a nitnem that includes reading and studying banis as well.

Hope it works out for you.

kbIr eyk GVI AwDI GrI AwDI hUM qy AwD ] kabeer eaek gharree aadhhee gharee aadhhee hoo(n) thae aadhh || Kabeer, whether is is for an hour, half an hour, or half of that, Bgqn syqI gosty jo kIny so lwB ]232] bhagathan saethee gosattae jo keenae so laabh ||232|| whatever it is, it is worthwhile to speak with the Holy. ||232||

Bhenjee please contemplate over the above salok. It stuck out to me to when I thought of your situation.