India Or Pakistan In The Cricket

mrggg123

No way is Sikh crime on Canda on the same level as muslim crime in UK,

Sikh murders, shootings, home invasions, drugs, gangs have, over the last decade as a whole, been on Columbian levels in terms of violence. In contrast, UK Muslims of the same thing have been on the level of a small peaceful country town in Olkaholma.

Let me tell you something about Surrey for example. In Surrey, there have even been cases of some of our old bajurgs been violently mugged on the streets at nights by our own apnian kurian high on meths and/or heroin.

sikhs have been there since the 1920

You seem to be confusing your Canadas with your Englands. The Sikhs in England have been here since the 1920's. In Canada, they've been there since the end of the 1800's.

as for us to be the most hated community in Canda, that's crazy. sikhs have progressed and integrated in canada compared to any other country

Of course its crazy, but we live in a crazy world. The Canadian survey found that white Canadians hate Sikhs and Muslims almost on an equal level (and by the way the report found that Canadians like Hindus) because of the same reasons crazy reasons that you dislike muslims in the UK. Drugs, crime, insurance fraud, murder, gangs etc. Now thats scary and should really give us pause for thought. Less than 1 in 3 Canadains said they could say anything positive about Sikhs. In the UK, in contrast, the BBC survey found that the Sikhs are the most liked of all and this is borne out in the way that even extreme right-wing racist groups such as EDL make public announcements about how much love they have for Sikhs.

So yes, we live in a crazy world.

http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/what-canadians-think-of-sikhs-jews-christians-muslims/

You do have a gripe against Canadian Sikhs for some reason though.

I hold Canadian residency. My chache, thaye, pooah, mamme, mother in law, brother in law and 80% of my restidars as a whole live in Canada. I know both. I have no loyalty to no nation other than my beloved Punjab. I simply tell it like it is and as this thread was full of inaccuracies and ill-informed posts I used my knowledge to correct them. If you're saying I was supposed to let the ill-informed posts stand unchallenged and to challenge them means I must 'hate' Canada than I'm sorry to dissapoint you.

"Sikh murders, shootings, home invasions, drugs, gangs have, over the last decade as a whole, been on Columbian levels in terms of violence. In contrast, UK Muslims of the same thing have been on the level of a small peaceful country town in Olkaholma.

Let me tell you something about Surrey for example. In Surrey, there have even been cases of some of our old bajurgs been violently mugged on the streets at nights by our own apnian kurian high on meths and/or heroin. "

Bajurgs in the UK have been violently mugged as well by junkies as well, what's the difference?

The heroin drug trade is dominated by Pakistanis and there is an epidemic of girls being drugged and groomed up and down the country by this same community.

Calling muslim criminality in terrorism, drugs, grooming and prostitution as a peaceful town in Oklahoma even though it is widespread throughout the whole UK with compared to Sikh crime in one city in the Greater Vancouver area which sits in the small corner of B.C. as Columbia is a big exaggeration.

You might wanna revisit again brother. This time with your eyes open. You see, if your judgement of a 'ghetto' is based on a comparison of roads and houses built in the 1970's rather than the 1770's than of course the newer areas are not going to 'look' and feel as ghetto as the old, very old, areas. But, ask anyone in Canada what the reputation is of 'Surrey' for example. Its reputation, throughout the whole of Canada, is of crime, social problems, drugs etc and remember it is the place in the western world with the highest concentration of Sikhs...i.e the Sikh ghetto.

And Canada is a good example of all the complaints you're making on this thread because don't forget, in Canada it is the Sikhs who are the most hated community in the nation. It is Sikhs, not muslims, that wider white society blames for the same thing you're blaming muslims in the UK for...i.e lack of integration, failure of multiculturalism, ghettos, drugs, gangs, murder etc.

I hope that makes you stop and think how wrong you are for playing the part of the pawn in the right wing's game. Every single reason you give for disliking racially the Muslim in the UK are exactly the same reasons the racists in Canada give for dsiliking Sikhs. Please think about that for one moment.

Sikhs in canada are nowhere near the level of muslims in the uk. From what ve read i can assume muslims have the uk crime world on lock down this is simply not the case for sikhs in Canada You wont hear about sikh pimping gangs here so that just cancels out your ludicrous statement that sikhs in canada are the same as uk muslims. Surrey has some ghettos but sikhs barley make a majority in them. The sikh areas in surrey are full of huge houses and there is no poverty. And the sikh community is not the most hated community at all a lot of white people here give respect and often nod at sardars because they know about our rep of being honest people. The only problem in surrey is rich kids trying to lead the gangster lifestyle for no reason they are a bunch of try hards. And also major immigration from india actually srated happening in the 80s and 90s not the 1800s. the people that came way back then are a minority and fully integrated.

And the white people hear actually blame muslims and blacks (who actually live in the ''hood'') alot more for gang violence then us because sikhs aren't seen as gangsters outside of the Bc area but instead as middle to upper class people. Surrey is not a big city compared to the other major cities that have more populations of other minorites. Sikh/indian community is seen as a good one and often described as the model minority along with. Anything else is just overhype.

^ See that people ? :stupidme:

Are you happy now 'sheikherbooty' and hammertime etc ? This, is what happens when a handful of venomous bigots full of wild anti-Muslim hysteria start making constant posts on sikhsangat. A not very bright and clearly intellectualy vulnerable individual sitting thousands of mles away in Canada actually gets his opinions and 'facts' about a foreign nation from bigots. Not being clever enough to decypher the intentions of those who give their version of their 'reality' in the UK, the vulnerable youngster reading it from Canada takes it as gospel. :surrender:

In a weird way, you UK facist party memebers and sypathisers here have actually demonstrated very well how grooming works. Over the internet you've pretended you're someone else (a Sikh...with Sikh values of tolerance and respect) whilst feeding an intellectualy immature youngster in another country (ghettosikh) lies about Muslims in the UK. He, being young an' all, is not able to see how he is being groomed by members and supporters of groups akin to the Ku Klux Klan. Therefore, not yet knowing his lefts from his right, he falls for evrything hook line and sinker.

I'll tell you what, if this was a plan by some of you UK based facists to expose the workings of internet peado grooming than I have to salute you guys for your masterplan. It was brilliant.

Lets just go thru the Macleans article you're relying on Jagsaw.

Macleans are not CBC or the BBC. The article clearly shows that non-BC Sikhs don't attract the same negative stereotyping to such a degree and it also clearly shows that Sikhs are NOT the most hated group of people in Canada.

1000 people hardly represents just under 40 million Canadians, the majority respect or have nothing against Sikhs (though nobody not even Sikhs ourselves likes the idiotic minority of BC gangster wannabe's)

Macleans worked hand in glove with the GOI to falsely blame the Air India bomb attack on Sikhs when it was actually conducted by RAW to defame Sikhi, with Congress planting clowns to claim it at Nagar Kirtans to discredit us.

Even then, where the BC bud trade is at its worst only 30% of non-Sikhs in BC link Sikhs with violence in BC (but not in AB or ON where together there are more Sikhs there than BC nowadays).

70% of BC folks don't hate Sikhs when voting peeps like Ujjal Singh Dosanjh in as the Premier of the entire Province of BC.

This is how most Canadians view Sikhs. Ghettosikh and Ranjeet01 were totally right in what they said.

800px-RMC_Sikh_cadets_at_annual_SIkh_Rem

http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/what-canadians-think-of-sikhs-jews-christians-muslims/

The poll, by Angus Reid Strategies, surveyed 1,002 randomly selected Canadians on religion at a moment when issues of identity are a hot topic in Ottawa. Immigration Minister Jason Kenney has led a push by the Conservative government to revamp citizenship law, emphasizing the need for real bonds to Canada, and Kenney is looking for ways to encourage immigrants to integrate faster and more fully into Canadian society. But as federal policy strives to encourage newcomers to put down roots and fit in, the poll highlights an equal need for the Canadian majority to take a hard look at its distorted preconceptions about religious minorities. “It astonishes and saddens me as a Canadian,” said Angus Reid chief research officer Andrew Grenville, who has been probing Canadians’ views on religion for 16 years. “I don’t think the findings reflect well on Canada at all.”

Those findings leave little doubt that Canadians with a Christian background travel through life benefiting from a broad tendency of their fellow citizens to view their religion more favourably than any other. Across Canada, 72 per cent said they have a “generally favourable opinion” of Christianity. At the other end of the spectrum, Islam scored the lowest favourability rating, just 28 per cent. Sikhism didn’t fare much better at 30 per cent, and Hinduism was rated favourably by 41 per cent. Both Buddhism, at 57 per cent, and Judaism, 53 per cent, were rated favourably by more than half the population—but even Jews and Buddhists might reasonably ask if that’s a glass-half-full or glass-half-empty result.

When asked if they thought “the mainstream beliefs” of the major religions “encourage violence or are mostly peaceful,” only 10 per cent said they thought Christianity teaches violence. But fully 45 per cent said they believe Islam does, and a sizable 26 per cent saw Sikhism as encouraging violence. By comparison, just 13 per cent perceived violence in Hindu teachings and 14 per cent in Jewish religion. A tiny four per cent said they think of Buddhism as encouraging violence.

Clearly, Islam and Sikhism face the highest hurdles when it comes to persuading many Canadians they are not inherently violent faiths. The problem varies across regions. By far the highest percentage who viewed Islam as encouraging violence was found in Quebec, 57 per cent. Sikh doctrine is mostly likely to be viewed as violent in the province where about half of Canadian Sikhs live: 30 per cent of British Columbians said they think Sikhism encourages violence.

Palbinder Shergill, a Vancouver lawyer who has long represented the World Sikh Organization of Canada on legal matters, said she might have expected such negative opinions about Sikhism in the 1990s. Back then, the 1985 Air India bombing, FALSELY PORTRAYED AS the work of Sikh separatist terrorists, was still a fresh memory. “Air India has had a very lasting negative legacy for the Sikh community,” Shergill said. “The majority of imagery of Sikhs in the media typically associates the community with that sort of violence.”

Patient work trying to overcome the widespread view of Sikhs as dangerous seemed to be paying off, she said—until recently. Shergill said Sikhs have lately faced a “huge resurgence” of the sorts of challenges to their distinctive practices that they thought were put to rest 15 years or so ago. In Ontario, a Sikh man is fighting in court for the right to wear a turban, but not a helmet, when he rides his motorcycle. In Montreal last week, Judge Gilles Ouellet found a Sikh boy guilty of having threatened two other boys with a hair pin, used to keep his hair neat under his turban.

But Ouellet said the boy didn’t use his kirpan, the small symbolic dagger many Sikh men carry. The judge gave him an unconditional discharge, leaving him with a clean record, and said the case would never have reached his bench if the incident hadn’t had a religious dimension. “Too much importance has been given this case,” he said. “This matter should end here.”

Shergill suspects that many more Canadians read about the initial charge being laid than the remarks of the obviously frustrated judge. And the fact that this episode unfolded in Quebec is not incidental. The province appears to be an incubator of deep suspicions concerning minority faiths.

Leaders of religious groups contacted by Maclean’s commonly said their impression is that urban attitudes are more open, especially in Toronto and Vancouver—huge magnets for immigrants. Yet familiarity does not appear to be a reliable predictor of tolerance or acceptance. The Sikh community is prominent on the West Coast, but only 28 per cent of British Columbians surveyed reported a favourable impression of Sikhism. That was well below the figures in provinces where Sikhs are far less numerous, like neighbouring Alberta, where 47 per cent reported a favourable opinion of Sikhism, or Ontario, where Sikhism was rated favourably by 35 per cent.

To try to assess the extent and impact of friendships between Canadians of different faiths, Angus Reid asked, “Do you personally have any friends who are followers of any of these religions or not?” Not surprisingly, given that seven out of 10 Canadians identify themselves as Catholic or Protestant, the vast majority, 89 per cent, said they have Christian friends. Less predictably, given that only two per cent of the population follows Islam, fully 32 per cent of respondents claimed they have a Muslim friend. Only 16 per cent nationally reported having Sikh friends, but 36 per cent of British Columbians do. Across Canada, 45 per cent reported having Jewish friends, from a high of 61 per cent in Ontario to a low of 20 per cent in Quebec.

Digging into that data, Angus Reid checked to see if those who claimed to have friends of a particular religion tended to view that faith more positively. There is a correlation. Among those who said they don’t have any Muslim friends, a mere 18 per cent reported that their opinion of Islam is generally favourable. But among those who said they do have Muslim friends, 44 per cent had a favourable opinion of Islam.

For all other religions, well over half of the pool of people who have friends of a certain faith view that faith favourably: for example, 63 per cent of those with Sikh friends view Sikhism favourably, compared with just 23 per cent of those without Sikh friends. And 76 per cent of Canadians with Jewish friends are favourably disposed toward Judaism, while only 34 per cent of people with no Jewish friends have a favourable opinion of Judaism.

Beyond personal contact with adherents of different religions, there’s the question of whether Canadians really know much about what the various faiths profess. Asked about their level of knowledge, 86 per cent said they have a “good basic understanding” of Christianity, compared to just 32 per cent who make the same claim regarding Islam, 18 per cent for Hinduism, 12 per cent for Sikhism, 32 per cent for Buddhism and 40 per cent for Judaism.

Predictably Sikhs have a poor ability at explaining the faith compared to Muslims and do come bottom of this list but elsewhere its clear that Sikhs aren't the most hated people in Canada as Jagsaw would gleefully like to claim!

These are a typical selection of properties where most Sikhs live in the hell hole called Surrey described by Jagsaw

http://www.jaysidhu.ca/mls_surrey-houses-for-sale.html

F1428377-8516-134TH-1.jpg arrow.gifProperty Details
arrow.gifRequest More Info
arrow.gifRequest for Showing
arrow.gifMortgage Calculator

8516 134TH ST
Queen Mary Park Surrey, Surrey, BCV3W 6Y6

CENTRALLY LOCATED, Large 8400 sqft lot with 7 bedrooms, basement entry home in a lovely quiet dead end street. Features 5 bathrooms, cozy f/p, tile roof, skylights, upgraded b....

spacer.gif MLS® No F1428377 Price:
$719,000
Type House/Single Family Bedrooms 7 Bathrooms 5 Area 3,821 Sq.Ft.

Listed By: HomeLife Benchmark Titus Rlty

F1421686-14763-79TH-1.jpg arrow.gifProperty Details

14763 79TH AV
East Newton, Surrey, BCV3S 2T8

Quality built house (2x6 Construction) 3 level in beautiful and quiet area of Chimney Heights. This great home features 2 masterbdrm and 2 bdrm above & 3 baths upstairs. ....

spacer.gif MLS® No F1421686 Price:
$724,000
Type House/Single Family Bedrooms 6 Bathrooms 6 Area 3,922 Sq.Ft.
Listed By: Sutton Group-West Coast Realty

F1432060-10121-172-1.jpg arrow.gifProperty Details

10121 172 ST
Fraser Heights, Surrey, BCV4N 4W6

Beautiful two storey home on a landscaped, west back yard lot close to Pacific Academy. Main floor has spacious living room with gas fire place, hardwood in L/R & D/R. Den....

spacer.gif MLS® No F1432060 Price:
$709,000
Type House/Single Family Bedrooms 3 Bathrooms 4 Area 2,271 Sq.Ft.
Listed By: Royal LePage West R.E.S. (Sur)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj24Oz1MuCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FE-0oZhbRI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcseLbEYtLg

jagsaw whens the last time youve visited canada the early 90's? cos the situation in surrey was at its prime back then. and i haven't been groomed by those two at all. I have alot of friends who are of muslim background and have nothing against them. I dont have anything against islam either i think its a great faith and respect it. But i do know to be cautious around certain individuals who are living a criminal lifestyle and im sad to say it but the majority of ppl who i see or have hear about matching this description come from muslim backgrounds and couple of years down the line another group will take that spot.

Funny you called me not very bright when you're the one making a bunch of false claims. You dom't live in canada so how would you know what goes on and if you only been to surrey well you haven't seen much of a ghetto I would compare to Disney land in comparison to real rough areas. Outside of BC surrey gangs aren't known much at all so I don't know where Sikhs in have a canada wide rep for being criminals LOL

Over the internet you've pretended you're someone else (a Sikh...with Sikh values of tolerance and respect) whilst feeding an intellectualy immature youngster in another country (ghettosikh) lies about Muslims in the UK. He, being young an' all, is not able to see how he is being groomed by members and supporters of groups akin to the Ku Klux Klan. Therefore, not yet knowing his lefts from his right, he falls for evrything hook line and sinker.

I'll tell you what, if this was a plan by some of you UK based facists to expose the workings of internet peado grooming than I have to salute you guys for your masterplan. It was brilliant.

I find it horribly ironic that you are accusing your Sikh brothers of being fascists, in defense of Islam, an ideology which embodies so many of the principles of fascism, namely:

The suppression of free speech and thought.

Radical authoritarianism.

Totalitarianism (other creeds not tolerated)

Violent imperialism and expansionism (the caliphate)

The reduction of women to broodmares of the state.

Hatred for homosexuals.

Hatred for outsiders.

Among other things.

Sikhi teaches us to stand against tyrants. Islam is the very highest form of tyranny that I know of.

If you live some parts of London you would have drive over 10 miles to see a white person. Birmingham being smaller 5 miles Manchester 4-5 miles

40 years ago it was the reverse

. If you lived on say on Dartford Essex you have drive over 15 miles to east London to see a black person

What the hell are you saying Hammertime ? :omg:

Do you even know London at all ? Even the areas that used to be 'black' areas like Brixton, Lewisham, etc are full to the brim with 'white' French, Spanish, Italian etc, not to mention English. There is only one place in London where yu'd have to walk a fair mile before you see a white man and that place is our own 'Sikh' ghetto: Southall.

Going back to your earlier post where you mentioned certain areas and described them as "dumps", you don't seem to understand that all of those areas you mentioned are also full choc a block of white hipsters and artists and in all those areas, as the recent sale last week demonstrated, $500,000 Canadian will just about buy you a 3ft x 3ft dirt wooden garden shed. Whereas if you're looking for small terraced 3 bedroom townhouse, that will cost you upwards of $2 million and even then you won't actualy own it as the $2 million merely entitles you to a 99 year lease. For example, you mentioned Islington as a "dump" without realising that even the multi-billionaire former warmongering Prime Minister Tony Blair lives in a old terraced townhouse there. You mentioned the East End without realising that it is, these days, absolutely full of white American and Canadian artists and models etc as well as white hipsters from around the globe.

See this is where you and your friends are going wrong when you're showing photos of suburban houses in Surrey. I said before, you don't define ghetto in terms of old looking and new looking. I mean of course Surrey, where the roads as well as houses were built in the 1970's onwards is going to appear more modern than London where the roads and houses are medieval. But you also have to remember that visually Surrey looks exacty the same as Compton and Watts in Los Angeles. Compton is also new and spacious with large houses.

A 'Ghetto' is where one particular community has concentrated itself in and where no others, such as whites wish to be in. Where I live, Southall, it is a ghetto. Surrey is a ghetto and if you read what its reputation is among white Canadians you'll realise this. Handsworth is another.

So, as you can see, it is normally we Sikhs aroud the world who live in ghettos, as we tend to concentrate in places that no hipster, artist or yuppie would ever be seen dead in.

My point to you is the same point I've tried to make continously to you and that is the fact that your bigotry and hatred towards Muslims will always come back and bite you on the bottom because there are others, such as white Canadians, who hold exactly the same views about Sikhs. As we, as a community, are on the receiving end of it from others, that should be enough of a wake up call to you telling you to rethink your views about others.