Intercaste Marriage - Jat Sikh Girl Vs Ramgharia Boy

Sbhullar

I just demonstrated to you that 'Jatt' is not a caste. It is an ethnic group.

And even if it was a caste, the Guru Sahibaan, who abhorred the caste system, still said they were Khatris and described themselves as Khatris. Are you going to accuse your own Gurus of following double standards too?

Do not ever ever dare to compare your self with Guru Sahibaan, You are not even a worm as compared to Their greatness.

Guru Gobind Singh abolished castes in Sikhs by creating the Khalsa. But their are still heaps of so called Sikhs like you who

cannot break themselves from the shackles of the hindu caste system.

Do not ever ever dare to compare your self with Guru Sahibaan, You are not even a worm as compared to Their greatness.

Guru Gobind Singh abolished castes in Sikhs by creating the Khalsa. But their are still heaps of so called Sikhs like you who

cannot break themselves from the shackles of the hindu caste system.

I wasn't making a comparison between my insignificance and the Guru Sahibaan's significance, I was establishing a similarity. I have a beard. The Guru Sahibaan also had beards. In saying this, I am not saying my beard is better than or as good as their beards, only that they and Das all have beards. Incidentally, the Guru Sahibaan had caste/ethnic ancestries, and so do I. I am well aware I am a worm by way of comparison to the Guru Sahibaan.

I also know that Guru Gobind Singh Ji abolished the caste system. You are telling me nothing I don't already know. Guru Sahib did this because caste gave one a misplaced sense of pride. I take no pride in being of a Jatt ancestry (besides which I've already said twice that Jatt isn't even a caste), I do not consider myself better than say a Tarkhan because of it, I have no objection to intercaste marriages. So please enlighten me as to how I am ensnared by the shackles of the Hindu caste system?

Ji gal muk ge, thusee kion jagpay? Very cute, but kush samajia vee ha bro?

Perhaps address the point if you have some reason to say that this is not an important or relevant issue or have some point to make. Yes, it hurts to think that we are racist and insular under the guise of “cultural preservation”, but that is precisely how we behave. Culture is important, but we don’t have a handle on the Sikh concept of culture. We only know Jatt culture, Ramgharia culture, etc. Our outer limits are "punjabi culture". 95% of all of that mindset including those who are doing their best to be sincere are in todays world insular and limiting Sikhi from being absorbed by the world.

Our sister may not be going through such hell, as well as the next sister who posts, if we didn’t just sweep the mitti under the rug and then say how nicely the thread is wrapped up. Lets aspire to be Sikhs, where revolution is our comfort zone.

Jadoon savai hundeeay, mitti uddeeay.

• 1 month later...

how the heck has she let her parents down?

her parents dont care about Sikhi as they believe in the anti-Sikh caste system.

her husband to be is a Kesdhari and they haven't done anything before marriage except develop a friendship.

admit it u support the parents because they are going against Sikhi and Gurmat and cuz of caste of course.

a typical Jagsaw Jatt post.

u cudn't stand it that Sikhs from different backgrounds mixing in marriage to created a unified Panth.

so u resort to cheap bs + hidden insults for a young sister going thru a difficult situation when she has done no wrong.

I do agree with Jagsaw. Caste is a reality, it is not figment of one's imagination. Guru Sahib rules out all caste system out of the dharmic traditions but samajik or social caste traditions did remain and Guru Ji seems to have respected those caste traditions in regular life too. For example, it was a a very popular thing that kings of the time used to have Brahmin Rasoiass and Guru Sahib rasoia was also Gangu Brahmin not a Majhabi or someone like that, it was particularly a Brahmin.. Same way all Guru Sahib respected the caste system at the time of their marriage. They married into Khatri jaat. There is nothing wrong in it. These are traditions. Guru Ji has said clearly in Bani "manas ki jaar sabhae ekae pehchaanvo" but for social mixing, marriages etc. we should marry in our own jaat/caste/biradari.

While on the war front, Guru Sahib had soldiers from Majhbi (Chooras), Gujjars, Pathans etc. Those are different traditions. I see nothing wrong in the jatt girl ditching the Ramgharia boy because her parents would otherwise feel upset. Parents have brought her up and they would always want good for their daughter. Moreover parents don't want to give daughter any hard life at the hands of their own jatt relatives or at the hands of ramgharia relatives.

Our guru sahib married into their own biradri/clan/jatti, so should we but in dharmic traditions all are equal. In social traditions, caste is more like generates a level of comfort then anything else.

Bhul chuk muaf

WJKK WJKF

I do agree with Jagsaw. Caste is a reality, it is not figment of one's imagination. Guru Sahib rules out all caste system out of the dharmic traditions but samajik or social caste traditions did remain and Guru Ji seems to have respected those caste traditions in regular life too. For example, it was a a very popular thing that kings of the time used to have Brahmin Rasoiass and Guru Sahib rasoia was also Gangu Brahmin not a Majhabi or someone like that, it was particularly a Brahmin.. Same way all Guru Sahib respected the caste system at the time of their marriage. They married into Khatri jaat. There is nothing wrong in it. These are traditions. Guru Ji has said clearly in Bani "manas ki jaar sabhae ekae pehchaanvo" but for social mixing, marriages etc. we should marry in our own jaat/caste/biradari.

While on the war front, Guru Sahib had soldiers from Majhbi (Chooras), Gujjars, Pathans etc. Those are different traditions. I see nothing wrong in the jatt girl ditching the Ramgharia boy because her parents would otherwise feel upset. Parents have brought her up and they would always want good for their daughter. Moreover parents don't want to give daughter any hard life at the hands of their own jatt relatives or at the hands of ramgharia relatives.

Our guru sahib married into their own biradri/clan/jatti, so should we but in dharmic traditions all are equal. In social traditions, caste is more like generates a level of comfort then anything else.

Bhul chuk muaf

WJKK WJKF

What a joke of a comment showing your narrow minded casteist mindset.

Some of the comments by these so called sikhs are disgusting. The girl has done nothing wrong.She told her parents and rather than be happy for her and accept the situation, they are trying to destroy her life. Ask yourself if she does not follow her heart. Her family will ask her to keep this a secret. She gets married to a nice jatt boy, whose expectations of arranged marriage are his wife did not date. The girls secret will come out eventually! Then yet another divorce or better still a loveless and miserable marriage full of hate and regret. And if you decide to have children all there going to experience is two un-happy parents. They will obviously appreciate their religion and heritage, NOT! Ask yourself who is looking out for you, your parents are just thinking of themselves very selfishly. If the boy was muslim i would have a different take on the situation............just can't do it! We ask ourselves if sikhi is dying and the answer is obvious with some of the posts I've read today. We divide ourselves and then outsiders use our weakness against us to divide us even further.....why do we attack each other if there deemed a lower cast. In the western society i can't help but think we are reviving the caste system and encouraging it. BUT this time too slightly different rules, a Doctor can only marry a Doctor, a Businessman can only marry a Businesswoman, i hope you get the drift. Marriage is built on trust and respect............those two things will lead to love and everything there after will fall into place. People please wake up. If you decide not to marry your boyfriend please be honest to anyone your parents introduce you to, otherwise it will end in disaster.