Who Will You Vote For In May?

Hammertime007

In my opinion:

I would not vote Conservative because David Cameron refused to have an independent enquiry into the role of British Government in operation Blue Star and has refused to release more classified information which could prove the guilt of the Indian government. He also refused to apologise for Jallanwalla Bagh and just "regretted" the incident... Therefore for me he has let down Sikhs the most as a PM especially when Professor Bhullar/Kesri Lehar protests where happening. Sikhs were just simply ignored. Add the fact we were also ignored by Tories when they put the Gandhi statue up... So for me Tories have done absolutely nothing for Sikhs and I can't believe any Sikh will want to vote for them.

I won't vote UKIP because lets face it... They are a party of closet racists. Everyone knows it, they have BNP, EDL, Britain First, NF, white supremacists type people amongst their ranks and campaigning for them. And a huge disproportionate amount of racist sound bites come from their candidates. They don't want to increase minimum wage but even scrap it. Stop foreign aid... (Which is only 0.7% of budget...Most candidates are Tory defectors. They want to get rid of maternity/paternity leave and remove race discrimination law, remove Human Rights Act - so a Sikh could be deported to India for terrorism charges even though there might be risk of torture, unfair trial.

Thereafter I think it depends on ur local MP and what they stand for... Some Labour/Lib Dem MPs have been fantastic in supporting Sikh causes. Parmjit Singh Gill for example the Lib Dem candidate teamed up with Lord Singh pushing for some sort of enquiry when British involvement in Operation Blue Star happened. Tom Watson (Labour -West Brom) was one of few MPs that bought it up in Parliament and challenged the coward David Cameron to conduct an Independent Enquiry, which he never did.

On the other hand you have Labour MPs like Keith Vaz who also pushed for Gandhi Statue in his constituency and just stops short of calling Sikhs extremists, along with Sharma from Southall... Why do Sikhs keep voting them in!?!?!

I think Sikhs need to really think about whether your MP has actually been there and supported Sikhs.. look at their policies and where they remained quiet. These past 5 years have been huge for Sikhs in terms of UK politics... Now it's time to punish those that never gave us any support.

In my opinion:

I would not vote Conservative because David Cameron refused to have an independent enquiry into the role of British Government in operation Blue Star and has refused to release more classified information which could prove the guilt of the Indian government. He also refused to apologise for Jallanwalla Bagh and just "regretted" the incident... Therefore for me he has let down Sikhs the most as a PM especially when Professor Bhullar/Kesri Lehar protests where happening. Sikhs were just simply ignored. Add the fact we were also ignored by Tories when they put the Gandhi statue up... So for me Tories have done absolutely nothing for Sikhs and I can't believe any Sikh will want to vote for them.

I won't vote UKIP because lets face it... They are a party of closet racists. Everyone knows it, they have BNP, EDL, Britain First, NF, white supremacists type people amongst their ranks and campaigning for them. And a huge disproportionate amount of racist sound bites come from their candidates. They don't want to increase minimum wage but even scrap it. Stop foreign aid... (Which is only 0.7% of budget...Most candidates are Tory defectors. They want to get rid of maternity/paternity leave and remove race discrimination law, remove Human Rights Act - so a Sikh could be deported to India for terrorism charges even though there might be risk of torture, unfair trial.

Thereafter I think it depends on ur local MP and what they stand for... Some Labour/Lib Dem MPs have been fantastic in supporting Sikh causes. Parmjit Singh Gill for example the Lib Dem candidate teamed up with Lord Singh pushing for some sort of enquiry when British involvement in Operation Blue Star happened. Tom Watson (Labour -West Brom) was one of few MPs that bought it up in Parliament and challenged the coward David Cameron to conduct an Independent Enquiry, which he never did.

On the other hand you have Labour MPs like Keith Vaz who also pushed for Gandhi Statue in his constituency and just stops short of calling Sikhs extremists, along with Sharma from Southall... Why do Sikhs keep voting them in!?!?!

I think Sikhs need to really think about whether your MP has actually been there and supported Sikhs.. look at their policies and where they remained quiet. These past 5 years have been huge for Sikhs in terms of UK politics... Now it's time to punish those that never gave us any support.

The main reason Cameron didn't apologise for Jallianwala is because if he did then they would accept responsibility and open themselves up to every lawsuit know to man, the British government would be liable for damage's to the descendants of the victims, him going there was purely a PR stunt, nothing more, if anyone was expecting anything more thing they are gravely mistaken.

In reference to Vaz and Sharma, i can't really comment on Sharma but I've met Vaz on numerous occasions and he is, to put it politely, the biggest snake you'll ever meet, he's manoeuvred himself into a position of power using dirty politics and games, he get's the local vote because the majority in Leicester are Gujarati and so if he (barely), he scratches their back and they vote for him, simple as.

Don't vote bnp or British first but offer them the hand of friendship and there's a feeling of mutual respect as we (sikhs) both have highlighted grooming more than anyone. Keith vaz is scum who should be deported

lol offer them a hand. They will back hand you when behind closed doors. You need to realise theres bad in all not just pakistanis which you have an obsession with.

Poodna Ji, not voting is in fact a vote for the continuation of the status quo.

It is vital all Sikhs vote for whichever "lesser devil" they feel can somewhat support Sikh interests best.

Don't forget the historical lessons we the Sikh Panth painfully endured when in 1980 Damdami Taksal campaigned for Congress (Indira) and the disastrous consequences for our Panth thereafter.

And also remember what happened when Beanta became CM of Punjab due to being elected unopposed.

Sikhs MUST use our votes for those representatives we feel we can support Sikh interests to a greater degree than their opponents.

Us Sikhs are so lucky to have Badal fortunately Beant Singh has passed on ;-)

The party that supported Sikh issues in the Sikh Manifesto, the Scottish Nationalists Party (SNP) has had a landslide winning 56 of the 59 seats in Scotland. Scotland will probably ask for Independence again in the near future. Labour has done badly and will need to relook at its engagement with Sikhs. Tories have done well and the rightwing that was held back by the coalition with the Lib Dems will be unleashed.

As a left winger I am, of course, frightened at how the Tories will again be making the ordinary working class people pay for the rich man's debt. But, on the other hand, as a Sikh, I am so glad that this disgusting Labour Party has been taught a lesson. The way it behaved towards we Sikhs, particularly in it's visit to the Gurdwara a few weeks ago when it was so embarrassed to be standing next to what it saw as 'disgusting, backward, animal-like, dirty beared men with turbans' that it banned all media and all photographs from the visit. I will tell my kids and my grandkids about what the Labour Party did and know for sure that none in my future off-spring will ever vote Labour again. We will never forget how they behaved.