Who Will You Vote For In May?

Hammertime007

Conviction politicians such as Nigel Farage, George Galloway, Alex Salmond and to a degree, Nicola Sturgeon, strike a chord with the electorate because they project themselves as a man of the people. They say what they mean and they mean what they say. They appear to be straight-talking and tend ot be larger than life personalities. There is certainly a place for this in politics, but to say that this means they will become "effective" leaders is a whole different point.

This election is like no other - it's no longer a three or two-horse race. Thanks to UKIP, whoever wins, will probably have to form a coalition or form a minority government. The vote will be fractured.

Deny it all they like, the Tories are likely to do another deal with the Lib Dems and Labour with the SNP. Whether this deal is in the form of a formal "coalition" is another matter; more like a "vote-by-vote" basis i.e. to push a particular law/Bill through the House one party will canvas the support of the other party.

Don't vote on a party based on promises made to the Sikhs. For over a decade, the Lib Dems openly mooted the notion of self-determination for the Sikh nation. last year, when the Thatcher govt. involvement was revealed, the Lib Dems (Simon Hughes MP, ex-president Lib Dems) were mysteriously quiet in the face of Labour furore (Douglas Alexander MP). The Lib Dems are always involved in the Sikh Fed (UK) annual conference in Wolverhampton. They are briefed more than others, in my view, of the atrocities the Sikhs have been through. In my opinion, the Lib Dems behaved with first-class impotence last year. But they have form - they back-tracked on tuition fees as well, remember?

I therefore, do not want the Lib Dems propping up the Tories.

Therefore, Labour will get my vote. This country is built on the blood sweat and tears of working men and women - not tax-dodging so-called "big business". I'm not entirely sure, but I think Labour have stated they will hold an enquiry into Thatcher govt. involvement in Operation Bluestar including the crucial second half of 1984 (July-Dec) to include the period of the genocide. If they haven't, then it is Labour that is most likely to do so. The Tories (Rt Hon William Hague MP) have been blocking it.

For those of you voting UKIP, bear in mind they are supported by the likes of this clown.

Nick-Griffin+24-05-10_1.jpg

If you don't know who he is, it's Nick Griffin, ask you dad's about him if your a little wet behind the ear, i grew up in fear of what this guy and his party, the BNP, stood for and now he's supporting Farage who is pretty much just a slightly politicly correct version of Griffin.

Lol, so nick griffin supports ukip, that means no one should vote for farage/ukip? Will u also mention then, all the bnp sympathisers n members who were mps within labour/conservative party, who were found out few years back? I hope u mention them. Farage's wife herself is foreign, a german btw. Nick griffin is a pathetic scumbag, who is a clear n concise racist, who outright hates all non-whites, and religions other than christianity, esp islam. Nigel farage is in no way a softer version of nick griffin, which u suggest, thats pure moronic thinking. Nick griffin said a few years back, he wouldnt touch Ukip with a bargepole. If that mug griffin supports Ukip, that isnt Ukip/farages problem. Check the video out beneathe.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-12-02/nigel-farage-nick-griffins-support-for-ukip-is-desperate/

"Nigel Farage: Nick Griffin's support for Ukip is 'desperate'

Ukip leader Nigel Farage has tonight dismissed a recent show of support for his party from British National Party leader Nick Griffin.

Taking part in the second Bite The Ballot's Leaders Live debate - where political party leaders engage young voters in live Q&As - Farage distanced himself from Griffin, who he described as "desperate for publicity"."

For me, conservatives and ukip r the best parties judgin buy their manifestos. Labour r a joke, n lib dems have lost a lot of voters frm last time, but have a decent n elequent leader in clegg. Atleast he had the balls to apologise to the public for not bein able implement no uni fees in the coalition.

How can anyone saying we need to pull out of eu be taken seriously?

Do you have any idea what impact the added duty and red tape around movement of goods into and from eu would mean for industry in this country if uk pull out of eu?

Reform of eu for greater autonomy is the ideal, current status quo second best, but to consider leaving is complete stupidity.

Ukip policies are comical and farages views abhorrent.

Unfortunately there is little choice at this (or any) election, especially for a sarbat da bhalla wale kaum.. luckily we have a good singh in my area running for an independent party who would support local issues and causes in line with Sikhmat.

Nick griffin respect to him he was the first politician to highlight on steet grooming by pakistanis in the 90s.

He was also responsible for inciting racial hatred against us "ragheads" in the late 80's and early 90's, i still remember those walks home from college, they usually turned into a not so pleasant jog whilst being followed by member's of the BNP.

As far as UKIP go, i've already made my feeling's clear a few pages back and i wouldn't touch Labout or the Conservatives with a bargepole, the Lib Dems are like the aunties and the back of the langar hall, you know the ones, always talking about the good old day's but couldn't make a roti between them.

The unfortunate truth is we will probably be looking at another coalition government, after watching the debate a few days back the only one who stood out to me was Nicola Sturgeon so i may move up to Scotland.

Nick griffin respect to him he was the first politician to highlight on steet grooming by pakistanis in the 90s.

Bro i really dont know how u can have any respect for that fool griffin. Theyre jus preyin on ur type of sikh support as cannon fodder. Same goes for those absolute imbeciles who r in the Edl "sikh division", wat a bunch of weak fools. As ive mentioned b4, we sikhs, when independant, as history has shown have not shown support when 2 communities have dushmani. Battle of panipat comes to mind. These goreh will lick r chittars so we go n fight their enemies for them. We fight r enemies on r own accord n need no support, esp as r values r diffrnt to theirs. We will tackle pak paedos on our own terms, joinin goreh numbskulls, who use words such as "muslamic" is defo not the way. U tell these goreh, sikhs have used suicide bombers in the past, n watch their real colours!

I truly dispair when I read so many comments by Sikhs here saying they support UKIP. It makes me so sad.

The way I see it, the reason is because your whole outlook of life is wrong. Its turned pessimistic rather than chardi kala.

For me, I get filled with joy every time I see so many different cultures, races, nationalities and creeds all around me. It fills me with joy to hear so many languages. I tell my children they are truly blessed to be able to keep the company in school of so many different people from around the world. What a wonderful opportunity to experience each other's culture and traditions. It is truly a beautiful thing and it fills me with joy.

For those of you who are viewing this thing as a negative thing you have to understand that part you play in shaping a society. Hate and mistrust will do nothing but spawn more hate and mistrust. We all want to live in a nice, caring society and we have to understand that it is the responsibility of each of us to create that kind of society. Absolutely nothing positive can and will ever be gained from hating and hurting others simply because they look and sound 'foreign'. For you too...are 'foreign'.

Please...don't fall for the UKIP trick. Their divisive politics of hate is not something for a Sikh to associate himself with.

This is another reason I'm going UKIP!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3025812/Muslim-group-links-extremists-boasts-influencing-30-seats-election-acting-kingmaker.html Muslim group with links to extremists boasts of influencing up to 30 seats at the election and acting as 'kingmaker'

• Muslim Engagement and Development (Mend) has made the claims
  • Says it has been in talks with both the Tory and Labour leadership
  • Mend is said to have links to a number of extremists

By Sam Matthew for MailOnline

Published: 19:41, 4 April 2015 | Updated: 19:53, 4 April 2015

15 shares

View comments

2749ECB100000578-3025812-image-a-11_1428

Muslim Engagement and Development have reportedly claimed they can influence up to 30 seats at the General election. Pictured Sufyan Ismail

A Muslim group with links to extremists has claimed it can influence up to 30 seats at the election, it has been reported.

Muslim Engagement and Development (Mend) was said to have boasted that they can act as 'kingmakers' when the country goes to the polls.

The group, which wants to let British Muslims fight in Syria without fear of prosecution, has bragged that it is in talks with both the Conservatives and Labour, according to the Daily Telegraph.

At least one election candidate is said to have been approached by a high-profile Muslim and offered campaign money in return for back the group's 'Muslim Manifesto,' the newspaper reported.

Sufyan Ismail, Mend's chief executive, was said to have claimed to be able to influence up to 30 seats during a talk at the Zakariyya Central Mosque in Bolton.

'Right now, we are negotiating with the Labour leadership, we are negotiating with the Tory leadership and insh'allah [God willing] will start with the Lib Dem leadership as well, where we have a list of manifesto pledges,' he reportedly said, according to the Telegraph.

'The Muslim vote is worth ten ordinary votes because… we are heavily concentrated in a few areas,' he said.

'Anybody who can give any one party 10, 20, 30 seats, like we can, they have to listen to you.'

The group's 48 page manifesto does not make mention of wanting to let British Muslims fight in Syria.

Azad Ali, who has supported the killing of British soldiers, is Mend's director of engagement.

It is also reportedly linked to extremist Abu Eesa Niamatullah and promotes hate preacher Haitham al-Haddad.

The Labour Party reportedly denied the claims that it was negotiating with Mend, according to the Telegraph.

The Conservatives have been contacted by the MailOnline for comment.

1DEA262200000578-0-image-a-3_14281717601
+1

Mend' chief executive Sufyan Ismail has reportedly claimed that the group is in negotiations with both the Tory and Labour leadership

I truly dispair when I read so many comments by Sikhs here saying they support UKIP. It makes me so sad.

The way I see it, the reason is because your whole outlook of life is wrong. Its turned pessimistic rather than chadi kala.

For me, I get filled with joy every time I see so many different cultures, races, nationalities and creeds all around me. It fills me with joy to hear so many languages. I tell my children they are truly blessed to be able to keep the company in school of so many different people from around the world. What a wonderful opportunity to experience each other's culture and traditions. It is truly a beautiful thing and it fills me with joy.

For those of you who are viewing this thing as a negative thing you have to understand that part you play in shaping a society. Hate and mistrust will do nothing but spawn more hate and mistrust. We all want to live in a nice, caring society and we have to understand that it is the responsibility of each of us to create that kind of society. Absolutely nothing positive can and will ever be gained from hating and hurting others simply because they look and sound 'foreign'. For you too...are 'foreign'.

Please...don't fall for the UKIP trick. Their divisive politics of hate is not something for a Sikh to associate himself with.

Bro how come u despair at sikhs votin for ukip? If u go online, or listen to discussons, many blacks, hindus, muslim n sikhs r votin for ukip. By wat u have written, i presume, u too have fallen for the propaganda, that ukip r anti-immigration/foreigners. That simply isnt correct, coz if ur gona criticise farage for havin concerns on immigration, then u may aswel have a go at labour too, since miliband wants to limit immigration down too. Miliband and labour have openly come out and accepted their galti/faults at the level of uncontrolled immigration that happened under terrorist blairs raj. Diamond david also has mentioned about cuttin down in immigration numbers, but it seems, farage is the only 1 who sounds genuine and has a plan. Farage from my understanding, wants to do skills based visas for EU members, just like its done for non-eu ppl...ie asians, africans, n.americans etc. I think jags, we have to realise at the end of the day, that this country is an island, n not like america/canada, which has mass land space. This country jus cant handle bucketloads of ppl, i mean in 04 it was supposed 2 b 30k polish for example, but by 07, it rocketed to 300k! This country since ww2 has been built on the workin class and immigration, n immigration can never be stopped, but that doesnt mean we can let unlimited amount of ppl in at the same time.

Who u votin for btw, u made ur mind up? I agree that the snp leader, nicola sturgeon, also gave a great account of herself the other night.