Sign in to follow this  
mrggg123

Blind Conversion

I remember many years ago when i was in college one of my friends, who came from a Punjabi/Sikh family and decided Sikhism wasn't for him and decided to convert to Christianity, now every break/lunch time he would do my head in about the wonders of his new found religion and all the support the people around him gave, it got to a point where some of the stuff he was saying was becoming borderline offensive towards not just Sikhism but pretty much every religion, i ended up having a pretty big debate with him and simply asking him how much he actually knew about Sikhism and what made him convert, so, outside of just the basics he had no idea what his religion was or what it stood for (bear in mind he wasn't a practising sikh but his parents were), now, i put the blame for this firmly at his parents feet, they failed to educate their child about the religion he was growing up around which in turn made him go where someone was willing to explain more, on the flip side he didn't even bother to ask about his religion and decided to jump ship at the first possible turning, so, i may be rambling on but my point is this whole conversion thing isn't new, it's just a little more in you face now because of social media.

We have a few of these "Dawah" men in our city centre on a weekend and whenever i'm in town i'll make sure i walk pass them, they have never stopped me nor have i seen them stop a Sikh with a turban, every time i see them they are harassing some poor sod who doesn't know what question to ask, it's a numbers game for them and they are like used car salesmen, they believe the more people they convert the better for them, i'd love to see a Muslim just trying to educate people about hid religion like the Basics of Sikhi guy's do as opposed to trying to convert everyone and their grandmother.

• Like 2

from what i've noticed apne convertin to islam isn't really an issue at all but the real problem is apne who are becoming atheist. I might not agree with muslims christians hindus on alot of things but I like all of them more then an athiest because athiests are the greatest threat right now

from what i've noticed apne convertin to islam isn't really an issue at all but the real problem is apne who are becoming atheist. I might not agree with muslims christians hindus on alot of things but I like all of them more then an athiest because athiests are the greatest threat right now

Really, a threat, if someone has lost faith for whatever reason you can't really force them to believe in something they don't believe in any more, in my view that's no better than all this "Ghar Wapsi" that's been going on in India, where your forcing someone to believe in something just because you do. If Sikhs are loosing their way and in turn loosing faith then maybe we should be asking why it's happening, I'd rather have an atheist whose a decent human being as a friend rather than a Sikh who doesn't really believe in his faith, at least the atheist would have the courage to stand up for his convictions, each to their own.

• Like 1