Sgpc Takes Charge Of Patna Sahib Management; Makkar Appointed President Of Committee

1ManArmy

Due to increase in corruption and previous track records, it looks like there is no good and bad comparison when it comes to SGPC/sarna control of ethasik gurdwaras its only bad and worst. Looks like there is not such choice out there who can compete with wide spread power/influence SGPC/sarna influence has. There is no much choice, one has to vote by looking at risk factors, track records of both influential parties.

My safest bet would be SGPC if there is only choice between SGPC and sarna group. Sant Samaj/Nihang groups has bit of influence in SGPC (strategically so) so i don't think they would dare move try to destroy puratan maryada or heritage of patna sahib.

Off course old habits die hard, SGPC cannot be trusted at all thats why sant samaj is there to keep these some of SGPC idiots in check all the time.

Are the Nihangs that comprise Sant Samaj members of Balbir Singh's group, or Baba Surjit Singh Ji and Baba Joginder Singh Ji's Budha Dal? Or are they members from one of the Tarna Dal Battalions?

The only information I can find is extremely vague.

The media refers to Nihung leaders in multiple when the Sant samaj is mentioned, here they are mentioned awarding Badal sirpoas when they helped to declare him Panth Rattan.

'http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/akal-takht-bestows-panth-rattan-fakhrequamon-badal/article2690482.ece

Heads and representatives of various Sikh institutions, religious and Nihang Singh organisations, also honoured Mr. Badal by offering siropas for this rare feat towards his unparalleled services for the welfare of the Sikh community.'

The apex religio-temporal authority of the Sikh community, the Akal Takht, on Monday bestowed the prestigious title of ‘Panth Rattan Fakhr-e-Quam' on Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal in recognition of his “outstanding contributions” and “glorious services” during his long Panthic and political career.

Amid enthusiastic slogans of “ Bole So Nihal, Sat Sri Akal… ” at a congregation outside Akal Takht in the Golden Temple complex in Amritsar, the apex clergy of the community led by Jathedar Akal Takht Giani Gurbachan Singh honoured Mr. Badal with a siropa (robes of religious honour), a kirpan (sword for defending the faith) and a silver plaque with the citation of “Panth Rattan Fakhr-e-Quam.”

Those who accompanied the Akal Takht chief included Jathedar of Takht Sri Keshgarh Sahib at Anandpur Sahib, Giani Tarlochan Singh, Jathedar Takht Patna Sahib Giani Iqbal Singh and Vice Jathedar of Takht Sri Hazoor Sahib Nanded Sahib Giani Jotinder Singh and Head Granthi of Darbar Sahib (sanctum sanctorum of the Golden temple complex) Giani Jaswinder Singh. Mr. Badal was accompanied by son Sukhbir Singh, who is the president of the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal and Punjab's Deputy Chief Minister.

In his address, Giani Gurbachan Singh said the tradition to honour personalities by the Sikh Panth from the Akal Takht was in vogue since times immemorial. He lauded Mr. Badal for preservation of Sikh heritage through construction of memorials to Sikh martyrs besides undergoing prolonged spells of incarcerations and braving atrocities during various Akali morchas.

Heads and representatives of various Sikh institutions, religious and Nihang Singh organisations, also honoured Mr. Badal by offering siropas for this rare feat towards his unparalleled services for the welfare of the Sikh community.

Meanwhile, coming out sharply against the decision and event at the Akal Takht, radical organisation Dal Khalsa said that Jathedar Gurbachan Singh had scripted a black chapter in the history of the Akal Takht by honouring a person with a prestigious title who had neither been dutiful nor faithful to the Panth.

“Pained by the move”, party's spokesperson Kanwar Pal Singh said Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee president Avtar Singh Makkar and Gaini Gurbachan Singh had surpassed all records of sycophancy to appease their political master, whose entire political life was mired in controversies, scams and corruption.

Qila Raipur constituency's Congress legislator Jassi Khangura has launched a campaign for a petition that collects public opinion against bestowing the title on Mr. Badal, who was charged with responsibility for the prevailing pathetic state of affairs in Punjab.

Are the Nihangs that comprise Sant Samaj members of Balbir Singh's group, or Baba Surjit Singh Ji and Baba Joginder Singh Ji's Budha Dal? Or are they members from one of the Tarna Dal Battalions?

The only information I can find is extremely vague.

Most likely balbir's group is part of the Sant samaj

The head of budha dal right now is baba prem Singh ji. I think Baba joginder Singh is vice jathedar but he is pissed. I know this cause I was in India and met with nihang dals.

The head of budha dal right now is baba prem Singh ji. I think Baba joginder Singh is vice jathedar but he is pissed. I know this cause I was in India and met with nihang dals.

I wasn't even aware of this development. I didn't even know that Baba Surjit Singh Ji passed away in September last year.

Surprisingly little publicity for the death of the rightful head of Panth Khalsa I should think.

I wasn't even aware of this development. I didn't even know that Baba Surjit Singh Ji passed away in September last year.

Surprisingly little publicity for the death of the rightful head of Panth Khalsa I should think.

He was kept in real bad conditions and he was also very old. It's a loss to the panth but hopefully jathedar baba prem Singh can kick out balbir's group for good.

We need puratan maryada in gurdwaray in the UK and Canada etc. theres so many western influencers but yet proper maryada is yet to reach western shores. If they take the takhts they cannot touch us abroad!

That is the stupidest thing I have heard in my life.

The british gave you a new history after 1857 ad you fell for it flat.

Name me one white discovery not found in the vedas or other hindu text.

Hindu geo cultural term.

Look at Charak Samhita that melech hippocrates copied it.

Look at vishnu puran and das avtar now compare to darwin evolution.

What is there in the west?

Guru Sahib literally called the melech a diesease, and you think you can embrace these goras as 'singhs'.

No different than kejriwal sitting on a dharna to give farmer 1x market price instead of 4.