Sign in to follow this  
ASKhalsa1

The Sakhi Of Guru Gobind Singh And Pir Buddhu Shah

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thanks for sharing, I had heard of Peer Budhu Shah Ji but not detailed. It interests me to know the question that Peer ji asked and fascinates how Guru sahib answers so clearly.

Thanks one day at amritvela after awakening and doing nitnem in my house I began feeling sleepy so I dec to go out in the cold to the Gurdwara and walking it there I was repeating the mantra dhan guru Nanak and just before I go to the gurdwara I become mast in the mantra and began dancing in joy

It lasted for about 10 seconds but I cann forget IT. It was as if my mind was being absorbed into bliss..... But the evil dragged me out of that bliss and bought me back into suffering

Actually this happened on Christmas day 2014

• Like 1

The Evil being the ego that was the first time I experienced mastuana avastha before I hav always experienced shan't raas

Wasn't Peer Budan Shah in the time of Dhan Guru Nanak Nirankaar ji and then returned to meet him as Dhan Guru Har Gobind Nirankaar ji?

Wasn't Peer Budan Shah in the time of Dhan Guru Nanak Nirankaar ji and then returned to meet him as Dhan Guru Har Gobind Nirankaar ji?

Yes Jio, Pir Budan Shah had discourse with the first and the sixth Patshaahs, Pir Buddhu Shah with the tenth. The two are different people.

Pir Budan Shah died in the 1640s, Pir Buddhu Shah was born in the 1640s.

• Like 1

Never understood how good deeds are "given to us", and bad deeds are all our fault, but we are still judged by Vaheguru?

Seems like all we can do is bad deeds?

Some please help me understand- I'm super confused.

Never understood how good deeds are "given to us", and bad deeds are all our fault, but we are still judged by Vaheguru?

Seems like all we can do is bad deeds?

Some please help me understand- I'm super confused.

I don't believe that good deeds are literally given to us. God has equipped us with the knowledge of what is good, without which we would not know it and therefore would not be able to do it. Without it we would be indistinguishable from all the other animals in God's creation. He has provided us the tools for the performance of good deeds, whether we put to them to good use is entirely up to us.

Edited by ASKhalsa1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• We are equal in the eyes of God because we are beneath him. It is looking at ants from our eyes. The problem with people is that they think that leadership is a privilege. It is not, it is a responsibility.  As the head of the family you may have the authority but that always comes with accountability. They go hand in hand. In families there is a pecking order, the children first, the women next and then the men. Men are the sacrificial gender, why in cases of emergency do they say "women and children first". A woman will sacrifice her life for her children but never for her husband. A man will sacrifice for both. Women who take leadership from her husband do it because they are forced into it or because the man is not up to it and the woman becomes resentful of her husband. 
    • I don’t see how you see this practice as a part of our ancestral history.  What I chose to do independently outside of Sikhi cannot be associated with Sikhi practices. Similar as to how dietary influence is largely down to the landscape and culture of the region you belong to.  The same is for narcotics which are largely taken due to cultural influence and availability to the region.  Just because I eat potato chips in England this does not mean my future generations should adopt this, and somehow associate this with my religious identity.  Your cultural practices can be altered, discarded and chosen but your religious practices can never change,  whether that be in the 18th Century or the 21st.   If you reword this with ‘medicinal, recreational drug use in the region of Punjab in the 17th-18th Century’, I would have no problem with this observation.  But as soon as someone quotes ‘Puratan Sikhs and use of Marijuana’, I am not comfortable with this!
    • Veer ji can u please post pankitis from gursobha and prem sumarag about sukha?
    • Unless you're going to fight enemies of panth and need help of sukha , I don't see any excuse why I should exempt you from similar judgement as of any regular drug addict. People have for long perverted religion for their goals . Nothing new here. Why not get high on naam instead 
    • The whole point about rehit-namas and the differences between them is a whole discussion in itself, but there is evidence in Bhangu's Panth Prakash, Sainapati's Gursobha, Prem Sumarag Granth.  There is also notice of this in the earliest european sources from the late 1700s.  No one is telling anyone to do these things, but to whitewash your own people's history is weak.  As alluded to previously, the people who did partake aren't likely to have done so for what we call 'recreational reasons' today. It may as well have been medical reasons? Given how sukha da tehl is being increasingly investigated by modern science along this very line, it isn't implausible. It may well have been a carry over from pre-existing Ayurvedic practice? Can't you people have a grown up discussion about this? 

Important Information

Terms of Use