The 4 Ages

singhcity

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh.

I tried doing my own research but didnt manage to find my answer.

my question is when was Satyug (what centry or age) and all the other ages? As we are in kalyug now and the next age will be sat yug again. Also, do we have the same view on the 4 ages as Hindus do. they believe that each age lasts 1250 years long. do we agree with this?

thanks

This may help you, basically yugas can be both interpreted as previous ages and or current age- depending on historical context of shabad where it talks about yugas and also metaphorically not linear.

Source : Sant Darshan Singh JI Khalsa Dhakkiwale:

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/71139-anmol-bachans-precious-words-by-saints/?p=599899

1) Right now we're supposedly in the Kaal Yug (age of darkness, one of the 4 ages), if and when the Saatch Yug (age of light/truth) comes, does that mean everything is good or there's still a mixture?

If everything is good, how would you know what was good? If everything was bad, how would you know what was bad? The four yugs (ages) don't occur in a linear fashion one after the other. All four are always in motion at exactly the same time, however one is always a bit more dominant than the others. Hence in the Kal Yug the darkness is dominant but you also have some saatch (light/truth/wisdom), and in the Saatch Yug you will also have some kal (darkness/ignorance), but the saatch will be dominant. Right now the kal is dominant, but it doesn't last.

Guest Jacfsing2

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh.

I tried doing my own research but didnt manage to find my answer.

my question is when was Satyug (what centry or age) and all the other ages? As we are in kalyug now and the next age will be sat yug again. Also, do we have the same view on the 4 ages as Hindus do. they believe that each age lasts 1250 years long. do we agree with this?

thanks

There is no set time because nobody recorded when each Yug started, but Kalyug started about the same time as when Siddhartha was alive, and in this Yug 2 of the greatest religion founders were born, Jesus and Muhammad. Also this is the Yug when God himself came in the world through Guru Nanak to Guru Granth Sahib. So this Yug is bigger than 1250 years because dinosaurs existed millions to billions of years ago.

• 2 months later...

All four are always in motion at exactly the same time, however one is always a bit more dominant than the others. Hence in the Kal Yug the darkness is dominant but you also have some saatch (light/truth/wisdom), and in the Saatch Yug you will also have some kal (darkness/ignorance), but the saatch will be dominant. Right now the kal is dominant, but it doesn't last.

Constant motion, that's a very nice image to carry in my mind.

Reminds me a bit of Yin and Yang and their ever changing nature and yet one cannot exist without the other but you have four and not two.

I got a question maybe it's nothing to do with Sikhi but do you have a traditional sort of future telling technique?

I mean the Chinese have the I ching which is based on the concept of yin and yang and by throwing coins or sticks you can refer to the book and see which aspect of yin or yang is

dominant at this particular time and in a particular aspect of your life.

I tried it a few times and the results were quite scarey in their accuracy but now I think I prefer not to know and just find my way in life using my instincts and what limited intelligence God gave me but my question still remains.

Are there fortune tellers in Punjabi or Sikh culture and would this fortune telling be based upon the ever changing and interwoven nature of the four?

Constant motion, that's a very nice image to carry in my mind.

Reminds me a bit of Yin and Yang and their ever changing nature and yet one cannot exist without the other but you have four and not two.

I got a question maybe it's nothing to do with Sikhi but do you have a traditional sort of future telling technique?

I mean the Chinese have the I ching which is based on the concept of yin and yang and by throwing coins or sticks you can refer to the book and see which aspect of yin or yang is

dominant at this particular time and in a particular aspect of your life.

I tried it a few times and the results were quite scarey in their accuracy but now I think I prefer not to know and just find my way in life using my instincts and what limited intelligence God gave me but my question still remains.

Are there fortune tellers in Punjabi or Sikh culture and would this fortune telling be based upon the ever changing and interwoven nature of the four?

Sikhs do not practice or try to attain the ability to tell the future. These are all lower energies of life which take a person away from the one true goal. This life is temporary. Trying to find out what will happen two years from now will not help. The end for this mortal body is the same for everyone; death. No one can escape it and no one has by using the unlimited amount of powers in this universe. Focus on what is happening now and are you focused on Akal Purakh.

• 3 weeks later...

Sat yug / kal yug are not times or ages but the state of minde or actions of humans for example

Forgetting Vaheguru ji, doing evil deeds etc that is kul yug.

Remembering Vaheguru ji always, doing good deeds etc that is sat yug.

• 2 weeks later...

Sat yug / kal yug are not times or ages but the state of minde or actions of humans for example

Forgetting Vaheguru ji, doing evil deeds etc that is kul yug.

Remembering Vaheguru ji always, doing good deeds etc that is sat yug.

Its also a real age. All the 4 ages are ages that happen. Read Sri dasam Granth.

Guest Jacfsing2

But there is no end right, just continual change for all eternity?

Is that about right?

I mean is there an end?

Yes, there's an end, only Vaheguru goes on forever; our soul is to be with him.