Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh

Jeevan

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/spiritual-leader-allegedly-manipulated-400-men-into-removing-testicles-to-be-closer-to-god-10078095.html

logo.png
Spiritual leader allegedly manipulated 400 men into removing testicles to be 'closer to God'

The castrations allegedly started happening from 2000

Lamiat Sabin

Sunday, 1 March 2015

A man has been accused of encouraging hundreds of followers to be castrated in a promise for them to become closer to God.

Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh, an Indian pop-star and telepreacher with a reported wealth of more than $50 million, is being investigated after he allegedly manipulated around 400 men to get their testicles removed – according to India Today.

One of his former followers who underwent castration seven years ago – named Hans Raj Chauhan – is one of the few to break the silence to speak out against him and the group.

“[The victims] were told that only those who get castrated will be able to meet God,” said Chauhan’s lawyer, Navkiran Singh, according to the Sydney Morning Herald.

Gurmeet-Ram-Rahim-Singh-2.jpg Chauhan, 35, filed a petition against the guru in 2012 and the Central Bureau of Investigation has started looking into claims dating back as far back as 2000 in preparation of charges of grievous bodily harm. However many followers are believed to be in fear of speaking out.

In January, MailOnline reported how Singh, the head of the Dera Sacha Sauda organisation, had hit back at the allegations. At a press conference for his new film he said: “Such allegations disturb me, when I am doing good for humanity. Therefore me and my legal advisor are going to move the court challenging the allegations.”

The alleged castrations were said to be mainly carried out at a hospital run by the DSS in Singh’s ancestral village Gurusar Modia, in the Hanumangarh district of Rajasthan.

The DSS also owns factories, markets, farms, restaurants, hotels and runs schools and orphanages, according to Latterly Magazine.

Singh – who has more than 87,000 Twitter followers but is not a follower of anyone – describes himself on a social media bio as a “spiritual Saint/philanthropist/versatile singer/allrounder sportsperson/film director/art director/music director/script writer/lyricist/autobiographer/DOP”.

Yes, forget Gurmeet Ram Rahim. Its clear from the way he dresses and behaves that he's hopelessly loopy. I don't think you can begrudge a nutter for being a nutter. But shame on his followers for having been so stupid as to let themselves get castrated. I'd say they come off worse here than their deranged 'guru'.

Well it's good, thenywon't be producing more idiots. If you believe in him that much to have that done, well as I say.

Also he's no Singh

Totally agree, these idiots cannot breed thank WaheGuru for small mercies.

What gets me we have a religion (Sikhism) that preaches equality, honest work, belief in one God, in balance with nature (vegetarianism), Saint Soldier Philosphy etc. etc. why would you follow one man and put yourself through this?

Totally agree, these idiots cannot breed thank WaheGuru for small mercies.

What gets me we have a religion (Sikhism) that preaches equality, honest work, belief in one God, in balance with nature (vegetarianism), Saint Soldier Philosphy etc. etc. why would you follow one man and put yourself through this?

Some people dont take the time out to learn about religion even their own let alone another one they werenr born into.

Its easier for people to go by what another confused person has told them.. also id like to point out.. Although a Sikh is the things you've mentioned but a lot of Sikhs dont follow that path.. so what these people see is Sikhs living by the "Caste" system degrading so called lower castes.. you have to search for equality its not that clear cut on the surface.

Well it's good, thenywon't be producing more idiots. If you believe in him that much to have that done, well as I say.

Also he's no Singh

I don't doubt that this guy got his followers to cut off their balls. This man has created a business from tricking people to being God. If he was a smart businessman, he would have not got his followers to cut off their balls because this decreases future followers he would have made from the off spring of these men. The offspring would have provided him with more money. This is the case of stupid teaches stupid.