Disgusting Video Of Singh Getting Jumped In Toronto

ghettosikh

None of this surprises me at all.

This thread is notable for the absence of the 2 that spent a fortnight criticisng me about the state of Canadian Sikhs on the other thread. Although one of the 2 did make an appearance on this thread in which he disagreed with me saying that the perpetrators are not 'apne' people.

At this present moment in time, there are more Sikh youth in Canada than than are in the UK. If you want to find and talk to the ones in the UK you'll mostly find them either on Sikhi websites or on other websites talking about Sikhi, or among the 40,000 plus that gather in central London outside the Indian Embassy every June demanding Khalistan. If you want to find and communicate with the ones in Canada, you'll find them on the Bhangra dance and music forums. On the bhangra forums they outnumber UK Sikhs 10 to one. You certainly won't find any of them on the Canadian version of the UK's anti Indian human rights abuses demonstrations because the counterpart demonstration outside the Indian Consulate in Toronto attracts only a 100 old men.

Except Canada, can any of you even imagine apne moneh taking pride in beating up and assaulting the dastar of a Singh in the UK, Italy, Australian or New Zealand diaspora ? It is unthinkable.

I agree with you that Canadian Sikhs are by far the most pathetic in the diaspora

But moneh have gotten out of hand in general, and that's true everywhere, even in Punjab. The mocking and ridiculing is bad enough, and now with violence like this, what's next?

It's a product of the failure of the older generation to pass down any respect for the dastar.

Except Canada, can any of you even imagine apne moneh taking pride in beating up and assaulting the dastar of a Singh in the UK, Italy, Australian or New Zealand diaspora ? It is unthinkable.

The Canadian Sikhs are a very peculiar and fascinating study . On the one hand they can be the most militant and hardline of all the Sikhs in the diaspora, and in my experience are usually the most pro-Khalistani. And yet on the other hand they can barely be gravitised to attend an anti-India demonstration, and the violence of their internal squabbles and disputes over Gurdwara committees is unparalleled anywhere else outside of Punjab. They are at once the most and the least serious about Sikhi of all the sangats I have encountered.

I'm not entirely sure how this circumstance came to be established, I'd be interested to know.

Police will not necessarily pursue the video and may not actively seek public assistance to ID criminals. They clearly should but no ID may be an excuse to do nothing. They need to be pressured by local Sikhs to seek ID via media.

Whatever community this is...Brampton, Malton etc. You as a community sheltering criminals ganging up to protect bullies against a sikh who desecrate and stomp their boots on a young mans dastar. In doing so, from a Sikh perspective you as a community are part of the crime.

Use the anon police tips line if you wish. It is also up to the community there to keep on top of what happened and whether a hate crime is also involved here.

It is imperative that the person attacked be assisted to come forward and advise if there were any elements of a hate crime.

If this was 6 white youngsters or 6 pakistani youngsters we would be querying hate crime. Who knows the significance of the dastar better those groups or ones who mock their own grandparents?

The word apne should be buried forever as a shameful caste relic or only be used as a synonym for Pyiara as per Bhagat Puran Singh.

Don't dare anyone call these criminals Sikhs. When does that free blood and caste subscription end? We need to get the apna/caste plaque out of our heads.

"militant sikhs" its calling oneself "sportsperson" without competing in any sporting event, so what militant thing have canadian sikhs done have they fought any armed struggle? if doing zindabad murdabad is your definition of militancy then god save you

The word 'militant' has become something of a colloquialism in the speech of Western Sikhs, a sort of slang term. It describes a Sikh who is particularly strident about their Sikhi. A metaphor in other words.

These r not pakis who r beating the singh, its singhs beating the singh, sadly. As mentioned b4, this is territorial hate.

Did you forget to wear your glasses when you were watching that video. Everyone else saw one Singh being attacked by a pack of cowardly monahs.

These r not pakis who r beating the singh, its singhs beating the singh, sadly. As mentioned b4, this is territorial hate.

Did you forget to wear your glasses when you were watching that video. Everyone else saw one Singh being attacked by a pack of cowardly monahs. It is indeed shameful for anyone to call them Singhs.

People closer to the incident appear to be reading this. Is the person attacked supported by counsel? Preferably someone who has a greater interest in the matter than just business.

Some police are proactive. Some pursue the route involving the least work. Some are limited with respect to resources. Counsel should ensure any investigation is thorough and includes review of hate crime provisions. It is only recent that police see domestic violence as criminal. That mindset may overlook any hate crime aspect where we call these people 'apne' and absurdly even 'singhs'!! In my personal experience a great amount of bigotry and hate toward sikh articles of faith comes from punjabis whose own parents or grandparents wore a dastar.

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

3 arrested in connection with this attack.

http://dailysikhupdates.com/3-arrested-gang-attack-sikh-student-canada-video/

I have seen this kind of thing before with Canadian kids, one between an apna and a chinese kid.

The turbanned lad held his own, but like most fights they end up on the ground and that is when he got the kicking.

When you are in a situation like this, where there is a possibility you may jumped, you run!

I have seen this kind of thing before with Canadian kids, one between an apna and a chinese kid.

The turbanned lad held his own, but like most fights they end up on the ground and that is when he got the kicking.

When you are in a situation like this, where there is a possibility you may jumped, you run!

That is the reason turbanned Sikhs from a young age should be taught how to defend themselves and be strong enough to take on more than one. When you are trained and strong you will not end up on the ground your opponent will be liking the dust.