Disgusting Video Of Singh Getting Jumped In Toronto

ghettosikh

I think that we are more realistic in that sense ask majority of sikhs how they feel there standing is in India and they'd say there totally happy being part of that country. I very recently just left Punjab and asked a relative of mine about the Khalistan issue and what he said to me was basically that the people there are happy and that the militancy of the 80's did more harm than good. nobody there wants a repeat of those terrible events

The reality is that according to Indian Law, for a Sikh in Punjab to openly campaign for freedom, mention freedom or openly shout out the words 'khalistan zindabad' it is a crime that falls under the heading of sedition for which the punishment is at the very least imprisonment or at worst death, as the Constitution cites sedition as one of the crimes that falls under the death penalty. Punjab went through a whole generation where the Indian army and Police rounded up and killed any Sikh that dared utter words of freedom. India is not a civilised country like the UK, Spain or even Canada where Quebecans, Scots and Catalans can openly and freely campaign for freedom. According to international human rights organisations, up to a quarter of a million of our brightest and bravest were murdered by India in that decade. Things like that affect the psyche of the Sikh in Punjab, as well as the fact that Sikh in Punjab is officialy not taught and not even allowed to learn about the things that have been done to his people. So, my Canadian frriend, please don't confuse your docility with reality. Californian Sardar, in his post, was absolutely correct when he described the Canadian Sikhs as the most pathetic of all the diaspora. It should shame you people to awaken from your slumber when, year after year, you see 60-70,000 young British born Sikhs outside the Indian Embassy in London shouting 'khalistan zindabad' in unison. But it doesn't, because your docility stems from lzyness. Too lazy to care.

no one will imprison you if you utter khalistan zindabad in many demonstrations people raise khalistan slogans no one is arrested death penalty is a figment of your imagination

The Indian media reports were full of articles about what happened after the Rajoana protests in India a couple of years ago. The Indian Police went through all the you tube clips and rounded up all the Sikhs that were vocal in the protests. In the most famous example, the young nihung that was seen on the Sikh Channel fighting with his spear in Gurdaspur, was found by Indian police a week later, tortured, and died in custody.

its only in the last few years the word khalistan is being allowed to be said, sikhs ahave been arrestted for saying khalistan, it was until sardar simranjit singh maan's case that the courts ruled that the police cant arrest ppl for expression their views on khalistan.

its easy to say ppl in panab dont want this or that, they have never been give the opportunity to see the facts. india is a country that hides genocide and human rights abuses every well, look at the documentary that was banned about rape and women, typical exmaple of dumbing down the people,

the people in panjab dont know 10 % of what happen in the 80's and 90's, you can ask any panjabi coming from india and their typical reply is we dont know this happened etc

i agree ppl want to get on with their lives and dont want blood shed etc, that could have been and is said about our Gurujis why did the 6th Nanak take up arms etc etc

people in punjab dont know 10 % of what happened but people outside india who have never been to punjab they know 110% how come?

If you don’t understand this simple point about India then nobody can help you. As everybody knows, India censor the news that is shown in the country, and only provide their own propaganda, that is why people outside the Punjab area know more about what is happening to Sikhs in Punjab (e.g., BBC documentary about the recent rape is banned in India). It is only recently; that people in Punjab are getting aware of things due to social media (however, it is only available to middle class and educated people).

Presently, Bapu Surat Singh is on hunger strike to get Sikh political prisoners released from the Indian jails, but no Indian newspaper is covering this news. Yes, people from outside Punjab are making people aware of this news in Punjab. I can keep on going, but it will not make a difference because according to you Sikhs are not being prosecuted in India. Remember, people who killed thousands of Sikhs were made ministers in India and they are still free, whereas innocent Sikhs are still rotting in Indian Jails.

Circulate the images of these kids around the Greater Toronto Area Gurdwara's and round up their parents for questioning. Present their parents to the sangat and ask them: why have you failed in your capacity as parents to teach your children the value of a dastaar?

How dare these so-called Brampton youth attack the dastaar. Who do they think they are?

I'm with you bro/sis on the outrage with respect to this, but with a caveat. The outrage is not only the behavior but as you allude what leads to this kind of ape behavior. There is no doubt a punjabi subculture of self-hatred which transfers that hate to be directed at those that remind people of their own inability to be brave. The questions that need to be raised must be directed at all of us as a society. The irony is so many of the self-hating so called "apney" that will say "this is bad" and "I am Sikh" are part of the problem of subtle attacks on Sikhi.

More important at this moment than the parents is the guy who stood up in his own defence rather than run. He must be supported to talk. He must tell the police what led to this and if there was any explicit part that constituted hate. He may not even realize it himself as we call these people "apney" This is an "Apna" http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/interviews/a17609/brian-murphy-sikh-temple-shooting-0113/ .not those guys.

The caveat to which I refer above is 'due process'. As Sikh soldiers we believe in justice AND DUE PROCESS. Due process can come in many forms but it is always intelligent, fearless, demanding, and compassionate. Some cultures believe in torturing or meting out justice on relatives. Sure, speak to the parents, but also be compassionate as necessary. There is not a conclusive connection between raising kids and kids actions.

It's possible that in the end after the perpetrators pay their debts, they need our hand. That is one massive debt for those thugs but they have choices to make moving forward after that. If they are on board, our hand should be there. I'm outraged and now is the time for answers and pushing the system to be demanding to get those answers. But moving forward when perpetrators are figuratively "in our custody" lets remain the soldiers that we are mandated to be.

Circulate the images of these kids around the Greater Toronto Area Gurdwara's and round up their parents for questioning. Present their parents to the sangat and ask them: why have you failed in your capacity as parents to teach your children the value of a dastaar?

How dare these so-called Brampton youth attack the dastaar. Who do they think they are?

So I got some information on this case from my cousing who are in that high school and know a little bit about the person involved.

This happened outside Lincoln M Alexander Secondary School.

The people involved are punjabis and the guy boxing is Mohammed.

Apparently , that singh is an <banned word filter activated> and talks <banned word filter activated>. He came from some another area, thus some territorial thing involved too. He also blazes, he smokes weed. They didnt steal his phone and threw it in river.

Apparently after a beating this guy is still talking <banned word filter activated>.

Thats all the info I got from my cousins.

Well then.

Now I don't know what to think.

This is why we shouldn't be too quick to judge and assume on these things. There's always two sides to a story!

I had a feeling this Singh wasn't exactly some innocent kid who run into bunch thug wannabes, but obviously this doesn't mean it was right to rob the kid and kick his turban though.