Why Has Waheguru Blessed Us With A Son With Autism?

OneZ

Dear friends,

Firstly, I do feel blessed that we have been gifted with a son with autism. But it is difficult. He is a happy boy and very loving - but cannot speak, has independence issues, cognitive disabilities and social challenges. I'll be honest - we do worry about his future and his complex care does add stress to our lives. Our lives are not following the "normal" path.. whatever "normal" is. But I stay steadfast and am a very positive person at the core. I'm starting to rediscover Sikhi and the power of Naam. It does help me stay centred and on course.

But I do question, why us? Why him? How can his soul find Waheguru? What was in his or our karma that led to this? What can Waheguru do to protect and bless him?

This not to offend anyone.. but just some questions I've always had.

Forever seeking.

OneZ

Let me tell u my story ,

I was made cut my hair 2 times in my life and still decide to keep them now .First was due to injury in my head,second i had some pimple problems in my head ,all this happened when i was a child nearly 10 years. I always loved my hair but my family is not a gursikh one.Always finding a way to control myself because i am not emotionally strong ,very moody and alof.I always wanted to satisfy my inner self but could not find satisfaction from my life.

2-3 years back i was facing many problems emotionally.I have met to a physiatrist but he also says its normal. The only solution i found in my life was reciting paths of Gurbani(first i found katha of Sukhmani sahib by Giani Thakur Singh ji).It helped me very much.Now i recite 7 banis path daily(sometime have a gap due to my carelessness) ,it helped me alot in every field of my life.I feel much in my control now.Planning to get baptised by 2-3 months.

The only solution to ur problem is Gurbani.The things u need is FAITH and HARD work (u can do as many paths as possible for ur family and ur son specially if u feel the need,but do them with their meaning learned ,here the audio katha of full GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI for you if you know Punjabi or u can get translated notes and guru sakhis will also help a lot ÷ http://www.gurbaniupdesh.org/multimedia/listing.php?q=f&f=%2F04-Katha%2F13-Giani+Thakur+Singh+Ji+(Patiala+Wale)%2FKatha+Sri+Guru+Granth+Sahib+Ji

do as many paths as possible for u to get fast results)

And for ur question "What can Waheguru do to protect and bless him?" u can do 'Benti Chaupai' paths for him,and make him listen audio of this path all the time,no worries if he does not listens or understand its meanings (it works subconciously).

here's a link to it ÷ http://sikhlive.com/Paath%20Sahib/Path%20sahib/G/Giani%20Ram%20Singh%20Ji/Chaupai%20Sahib/Chaupai%20Sahib.htm

HOPE I HELPED YOU !!

thank you

Our Gurus have had disobedient sons too and for you too have a son with autism shouldn't be looked down upon. It's because of previous karam your son is born with autism and its in your hands to take care of him. You might question why me? why my son has a disease? But as being a Sikh and following Gurbani we must accept His Hukam. Stay in chardi kala and start reciting paath with your son around, even listening he will benefit.

One of our Gurus did teach the blind how to play musical instruments and still do kirtan back then. Little advice for your kid, is to get him to jap naam at a young age and be interested in Sikhi and Guru ji kirpa will do the rest.