Gurdwara Marrying Sikhs To Muslims

Eduardo, the Anand Karaj, the Sikh wedding ceremony, can only happen between a sikh man and a sikh woman. Refer to sikh rehat maryada.

No gurdwara anywhere in the world should be allowing a wedding to take place where either the groom or the bride are not sikh. That wedding would be null and void. So sure you could probably find a gurdwara which would allow you to marry a sikh woman even though your not a sikh yourself, but it defeats the object of an anand karaj.

Heres our views on christianity:

:)

Well I have to say that putting religion aside myself as a Christian view my relationship with God as that of love and not fear so in that respect I feel great empathy with the Sikhs I meet at work.

I am not pushing my faith and not looking for converts but I will find common ground because I think it is important to find common ground with Sikhism and Christianity, I feel it is desperately needed at this time that we live in.

I think we could become two very great allies, allies based on mutual respect, in the future of this country UK, I sincerely do.

Well I have to say that putting religion aside myself as a Christian view my relationship with God as that of love and not fear so in that respect I feel great empathy with the Sikhs I meet at work.

I am not pushing my faith and not looking for converts but I will find common ground because I think it is important to find common ground with Sikhism and Christianity, I feel it is desperately needed at this time that we live in.

I think we could become two very great allies in the future of this country UK, I sincerely do.

I'd like to think we're already allies and have been since WW1, no?

It's unfortunate that a minority spoil it for us all. Also rather sad that our contribution is forgotten. Or perhaps it's our own fault for not creating enough awareness.

There is not enough awareness that's for sure, what the reasons are I'm not sure but a lot of white English don't know much about their own ancestors sacrifice either so maybe it's a generational thing.

By the way do you have a music section because this song is playing on my PC a lot these days:

Old school, brilliant tune.

The only soliton is to protest when this wedding takes place, make a big impact so they will never do this again. Also boycott the gurdwara in the future and if they continue this practice I see no other option than to forcefully remove GGSJ from the premises

A protest is one thing and should always be peaceful. But it always gets out of a hand at such protests....something we do NOT want . As for forcefully removing GGSJ from premises I WOULD NEVER EVER ENCOURAGE SUCH A THING. A GURDWARA IS A SACRED PLACE. The fact that the people running it are breaking common ground rules should not not mean having to forcefully remove the GGSJ.

Brother one big mistake you have made here. The people running it should be made to leave. Not our GuruJi

I find that hard to believe.. I'm just saying that if you raise your children in a western state, that they will become more adjusted to western culture where mixed relationships have become a norm these days.. Dating is also paap in Sikhism, but those people don't care. Whatever though, what can we do? Let those couples live their lives in sakoon hahahaha. As for the Gurdwara, I think it's wrong. Why do people who are mona even get married in Anand karaj if they don't care about religion?? Court marriage seems best for them lol.

May I ask why you again quote on mona? What about the Sikhs with turbans who I know to smoke/drink and even take the occasional spliff?..And not to mention the Mcdonalds big mac they scoff down? It is not only the mona who are doing this?. Look at the way Singh Sikhs behave on Vasaikhi? Bottle of lager in one hand with Sikh Khanda flag in other..

And the girls who with bottle of wine in one hand wearing a Sikh Khanda handkerchief on their head while danceing to the dhol outside of gurdwara....Yes its true. I see this with my own eyes whilst inside the gurdwara premises.If you dont believe this I invite you to go to Southall/Bham and the likes....Court marriage is best for these boys AND girls too....

Are you suggesting it is ok for them to Anand Karaj because they wear a turban? Ive never heard such rubbish and am wondering why on earth I bothered coming here on this forum but for the few who have private messaged me showing support.

All the very best

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

I am not belittling you as a human being neither I am being fanatic. KESH (uncut hair) is the root of Sikhism. The fact will remain as it is. You are committing INCEST if you cut your hair as per my father, Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh jee Maharaaj. If a person does not like reading such stuff, one can go elsewhere. This is a SIKH forum. Other terms which Satguru jee has used for MONAY are INFIDEL, DOG AND DEVIL. I can probably find more such terms if you are interested in listening to them.

Don't get me wrong bro, I am not personally attacking you. You might be a really good human (better than me too), but we cannot call you a SIKH as that would mean changing the very basics of our religion. If you call my opinions as fanatic, you have absolutely no idea how deep and vast our religion is.

Once again, I would humbly request you to keep your hair and join the Sikh/Khalsa fold if you have love for Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev jee Maharaaj.

I apologize if I have hurt your feelings in anyway, but I cannot change my religion to make people happy.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

Without wanting to sound like a numpty, would it be possible to cite reference to where Sikhism states you are committing "INCEST" if you cut you hair, that's a pretty big leap considering your comparing cutting you hair to sleeping with your sister, also, any reference you can cite for the following statement would be good as well " Other terms which Satguru jee has used for MONAY are INFIDEL, DOG AND DEVIL".

To be honest, it's attitudes like this that drive people away from what is, in essence, a beautiful religion, i know "MONAY" who are more Sikh than baptised Sikh's fella.

Without wanting to sound like a numpty, would it be possible to cite reference to where Sikhism states you are committing "INCEST" if you cut you hair, that's a pretty big leap considering your comparing cutting you hair to sleeping with your sister, also, any reference you can cite for the following statement would be good as well " Other terms which Satguru jee has used for MONAY are INFIDEL, DOG AND DEVIL".

To be honest, it's attitudes like this that drive people away from what is, in essence, a beautiful religion, i know "MONAY" who are more Sikh than baptised Sikh's fella.

Ignore pappiman. I'm quite sure he is here to wind people up. MAny have sent me a private message expressing their concern and have reported him to forum administrators for using such degrading terms.

The guy quite clearly :

a) a fanatic

or

b) requires professional help.

Ignore him