Harnaam Kaur Has Gone Mad

Guest Just wt is going on

Guest Just wt is going on

There is massive beadbi of sikhi saroop being done by harnaam . She no longer believes in sikhi yet wears dastaar. Wat is going on is she possessed? Look at her instagram and facebook to see the disgusting things she posts up.. How she allowed to do just get away with that??

I take it we're talking about that young girl who has Polycystic ovary syndrome and has a beard as a result, i just had a quick look at her social media feeds (Facebook/Instagram),reading through her Instagram it's pretty obvious that she isn't religious, she seem's to have made an image for herself in the early day's which showed her with a dastaar and she's stuck with it, it's more of a fashion statement than anything else, it's a shame really but we only have ourselves to blame, our community didn't want to understand her condition and she looked elsewhere but, yeah, she should really remove her dastaar if she's not willing to respect it but then i see plenty of guys out on a weekend with a full beard and a dastaar with a beer in there hand, is there really any difference.

• Like 1

She was very religious at one point and was inspiring other Singhnis. Who are we to judge why Maharaaj took away that Sikhi from her? "Bhanay ujharr bhanay raha" (Ang 98).

Are other Singhnis with facial hair going to do parchaar of what sikhi really is? She can get away with being so high profile because we have no way of countering it with other examples of girls who have facial hair and have the confidence to counter.

There are still many other singhnia with facial hair that you can take inspiration from such as Balpreet Kaur. And you can still take inspiration from Harnaam Kaur even if she is not a sikh as you can admire her for her strength. I just personally think that as a role model to younger girls, who may be struggling with pcos, she should portray herself much better online and certain things should be kept private. As a side note, in a sikhi point of view you are allowed to be treated for severe pcos medically (not laser treatment) as long as the intent is right.

It is also important to remember that as well as keeping the outwardly form as a sikh, we should be building our sikhi internally too by connecting ourselves with Guru Sahib through Naam and Bani. I don’t believe someone is able to leave sikhi when we build a strong connection with Guru Sahib because although we may try to look elsewhere Guru Sahib wouldn’t be able to leave us.

Its a shame, you can tell from Harnaam Kaur’s social media that she is primarily focusing on relationships when in fact she doesn’t realise that she is looking for Vaheguru who will love and understand her fully. But each to their own.

• Like 1

I just find it astonishing that she posting such vulgar stuff .. I mean i cnt even fathom how she is able to grope her breast on an instagram video wearing a dastaar. Actually made me want to be sick with disgust. The problem is not her doing that, if she wants to she could post a fully naked picture for all i care.. (well she halfway there anyway) but its the bad reflection she is giving of an amritdhari bibi. Her fb acc has her updating that she is drunk and the moods she is in. Like do that if u want right but for gods sake why oh why in a dastaar. Sumbody asked me is this what you are allowed to do. I just cnt cope.. Plus she refers to herself as pansexual. Vaheguru hee jaane and saadi laaj rakhlave always forever.

I've talked to her before, she's very sweet. Let her live her life however she wants, she will get whatever karma she will get, and you will get whatever karma you get, insaaf always happens after mrityu, so why worry about someone else?? She isn't harming anyone.

See here's what I don't understand about comments supporting Harnaam Kaur. She's a human being and has a right to live her own life the way she pleases. Nobody is disputing that especially given the harsh conditions that fate has dealt her. I can see its been incredibly difficult for her to find her place in society and its easy to see how she went through the phase of wearing dastaar, kirpan etc because that phase not only gave her life some meaning but also gave her celebrity and acceptance as media outlets flocked to her. So, I would never actually criticise her, as she was obviously trying desperately to find a place in the normal life we all take for granted.

My gripe is more with all the Sikhs, especially Kaurs and Sikh organisations that portrayed her as a role model for all Sikh girls. I remember there were Gurdwaras up and down the country inviting her to give 'inspiration' talks. It is these Sikhs, Kaurs and Gurdwaras that need to have a quiet word with themselves. Her multitude of Tatoos are nothing new. She had them and was getting more while our Sikh institutions and Kaurs were portraying her as an inspiring hero. Her multitude of body piercings are nothing new. She had them and was getting more while our Sikh institutions and Kaurs were portraying her as an inspiring hero. Her fondness of beers is nothing new. She was a drinker while our Sikh institutions and Kaurs were portraying her as an inspiring hero. Her talk of the love of sex is certainly nothing new as the very thing that got the Kaurs and Gurdwaras so inspired and excited by her was that very first interview she did in the newspaper where she lay on her bed saying how "sexy she feels".

Our Kaurs and Sikh institutions were so blinded and mesmerized by the dastaar and kirpan that they were not able to read the text of the interview.

This whole Harnaam Kaur episode is not a lesson for her The subjects of this fiasco are us...the Sikh sangat. The lesson is for us. I'm not going to spell it out. You should all be able to learn it yourself.

• Like 1

I don't know Harnaam but I feel that she wanted acceptance from us as Sikh Sangat but it didn't happen. Is there a Singh out there willing to marry her and walk with her on the path of Sikhism? I highly doubt it. Looking for acceptance, a place, has lead to this behaviour. As a punjabi community we always make judgements based on appearance. Even if we try not to, claim that we don't, we still do. I've heard aunties everywhere making comments from "she's too short, she's fat, she's thin, she's too dark, she's too tall, she's wearing this she's not wearing that". Where does someone like Harnaam fit in? I believe what she's done is she's jumped onto the whole bearded lady band wagon, she's trying to make it something that is a trend/hype/brand in order to find acceptance because of it. If she's claiming to no longer be a Sikh then what is stopping her from getting rid of it? Because she's come storming into the limelight, she can't trace her steps back home. She's felt the need to declare to the world who she is, maybe for herself too. Now the eyes of the world are upon her, it's almost given her the freedom to shun Sikhi and make out that she doesn't care about her appearance whereas in reality I feel she does have some sort of animosity towards her condition. Having said that though, she's braver than me. I'd most likely be hiding in a cave in the Himalayas.

Never elevate anyone onto a pedestal, because you'll invariably be disappointed somewhere down the line.

This, here, is what i live by, people tend to forget that those you have elevated and look up to are human to and are fallible.

• Like 2

If a male had done something similar would we be taking much notice? One important thing that has been mentioned and that is having a positive role model ( Male and Female) for all our community. I see young sikhs everyday with their Dastaar and No 1 trimmed beards, and when they preach Sikhi, i turn off. Its just hypocritical. Its these sort of images and hypocracy that is pushing our youth away. Its as if they expect immediate respect because they have a dastaar. It just dilutes the values of the true men and women who wear their dastaar with pride and dignity and follow their religion with such passion.