Why Depicting Sikh Gurus In Movies Is Wrong?

Here is a discussion on this subject on bbc radio on nihals show, typical dumb bimbo liberal make up ur own rules lefty sikhs ringin up chat bull, n sayin its perfectly fine to depict our gurus in human form, by some actor. Lost for words at times wen u listen to these morons. From my understanding tho, guru ji's shadow is shown in this film, not actual full body n face. However typically also, u then have some moronic hindus (i dont hate hindus btw), ringin up, tellin us sikhs wat to do and how to think, n how r religion is a part of the cultural "religion". Worse thing is, u then get freshys, whos brainwashin by indian skool system comes 2 fruition, come on radio sayin things like along the lines of "our BOOK is collection of writings from other faiths", pure behsti!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05h2l4h

You do realise you loose about twenty brain cell's every time you listen to Nihal's show, it's the radio version of the Daily Mail, good god, i used to listen to it but i stopped a year or two ago just for the fact that they have about 10 topics that they just recycle, they very rarely talk about anything of value and when they do, they'll get some clown on to discuss it..

You do realise you loose about twenty brain cell's every time you listen to Nihal's show, it's the radio version of the Daily Mail, good god, i used to listen to it but i stopped a year or two ago just for the fact that they have about 10 topics that they just recycle, they very rarely talk about anything of value and when they do, they'll get some clown on to discuss it..

I kno bro, but thing is, u can say watever u want about nihal, but the show is unique, in thay it gives u some sort of idea of the state of this countries apney and asians.

I kno bro, but thing is, u can say watever u want about nihal, but the show is unique, in thay it gives u some sort of idea of the state of this countries apney and asians.

No point in even trying with these people we have also have our own fair share of lefty desis here in canada. I know some personally and let me tell you one thing about them during their teen years they don't really give a rats butt about sikhi or their culture it's only when they get older when they for some reason want to be closer to their culture and try to twist it up with their own leftist views. They need to stop picking and choosing they really are the "lost generation" whatever we try to say or do will never affect them.

I was always under the impression that we are not allowed to depict our Gurus in photos. My mother and father told me it was against sikhi to keep such photos hence why we don't have any in our house. And in my local Gurudwara I've also noticed no such pictures except some of the Shaheeds in the langar area

I was always under the impression that we are not allowed to depict our Gurus in photos. My mother and father told me it was against sikhi to keep such photos hence why we don't have any in our house. And in my local Gurudwara I've also noticed no such pictures except some of the Shaheeds in the langar area

I think the reasoning is that we would start bowing down to photo's, i was taught by my granddad that it's fine keeping photo's as a reminder but that's all they are, I'm glad to hear your local Gurudwara hasn't got any photo's, our local one's still have pictures on the walls.

Nanak shah fakir.. Why would you call guru nanak dev ji fakir? He was not a muslim fakir.

Because he was revered by Muslim's and Hindu's and as he travelled in mainly Islamic countries those muslim's that respected him called him a Fakir, to them it was the highest form of respect they could bestow upon Guru Nanak Dev ji as the term is usually reserved for Muslims only, this was the first time they called a non-muslim a Fakir.

I was always under the impression that we are not allowed to depict our Gurus in photos.

My mother and father told me it was against Sikhi to keep such photos hence why we don't have any in our house.

Respect bro but check this thread + look how many Hindu Pakhandi supporter types think pix of our Guru's are cool

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/70341-say-no-to-gurus-pictures/page-1