Nihang Jathedars Expose Uk’S Niddar “Singh”

1ManArmy

I can't ask him, I don't have any associations or affiliation with him, nor do I attend his classes. I went to few classes a few years ago to see what it was all about, having been involved in other martial arts for a while. All I will say is his knowledge and skill level both armed and in armed is pretty inpressive. Somebody definitely trained him.

Best way to get his attention is to turn up at one of his classes and just ask him directly. He's pretty approachable.

Ditto. When I've had questions I've asked him directly, and he was more than happy to answer them.

people have already questioned him he just repeats his bs

best to aviod liars and find a gursikh to teach you or a none sikh atleast u wont lose your sikhi,

No one can make you lose your Sikhi. Of you stay from your own Sikhi it's because of your own inherent weaknesses, of your faith is not strong ultimately it's your own issue.

I've said before if you want to learn an effective martial art then there are good teachers learn silat, eskrima, panantukan, bjj, Arnis, Kali etc. Don't waste your time however though with gatka circus acts or mcdojo kata

best to aviod liars and find a gursikh to teach you or a none sikh atleast u wont lose your sikhi,

No one can make you lose your Sikhi. Of you stay from your own Sikhi it's because of your own inherent weaknesses, of your faith is not strong ultimately it's your own issue.

I've said before if you want to learn an effective martial art then there are good teachers learn silat, eskrima, panantukan, bjj, Arnis, Kali etc. Don't waste your time however though with gatka circus acts or mcdojo karate teachers.

Every Sikh should be taking up physical fitness training and combat art training this is Guru Sahibs hukum for Sikhs to be tyar bar tyar

Guruji gave us hukam to do sangat of Gurmukhs not manmukhs,

why did Guruji give us that hukam? because they manmukh will lead us stray

the supports of nang surjit singh from wolverhampton will always say we not their for the sikhi aspect blah blah heard the same crap for years

if you want to be a warrior then become one and go to the worlds conflicts and stand up for the weak and oppressed, dont just dress up on for the tv channels and weekends

just_someone, on 27 Mar 2015 - 21:32, said:snapback.png

And learning from a gora/kala will bring you closer to your Sikhi?

it will not take me away from sikhi as the kala or gora wont attack your faith like nang surjit

Alternatively go and learn useless gatka from a "Gurmukh". Circus theatrics won't help you when your getting your butt kicked.

Bottom line is the same, Nidar Singh is irrelevant/minor in the big scheme of things. Sikhs need a physically active life style, keep fit, strengthen your body's. Learn effective combat arts not useless ones.

Who you choose to learn from is your own choice, but don't make the mistake of learning from someone just because they are Sikh. Learn from the best available whoever they may be.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been saying this for so long, Nihangs in India who are the real authentic Nihangs don't consider Niddar as even a Nihang. He is a Nang whose martial art has been well exposed by Taran Veerji. He created a mythological fake story which is ripped off from the story of Kalari. He keeps adding new moves to it mostly from south east martial arts like Kali/escrima. He also adds mma moves to this Martial art. Originally he called his art as Gatka, then as Chatka Gatka then Shastar Vidya. And to make it sound more ancient he finally added Sanatan Hindu Sikh to the title. Only some starry eyed kids in the west actually believe in his lies.

The interview with the Nihang jathebandis, only reveals that they don't agree with Nidars sanatan beliefs and ideologies.

There is no mention of his martial knowledge or knowledge of weaponary. Anyone that has any martial knowledge or background will know that knowledge, skill and technique cannot be faked. Nidars endorsements and acknowledgement from other established martial artists is testament to this. I'm pretty sure experienced martial artists can spot a fake when they see one. Pat O Malley (rapid Arnis) , Maul Mornie (silat sufan belan diri), Krishna Godhaswamia (Martial arts illustrated magazine) are just 3 examples...

The funny thing is, that if Nidar had a mainstream Sikhi belief set 99% of his haters would be kissing his backside saying he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. I don't see anyone complaining when "gatka' practioners openly use incorrect weapon sizes, lengths, Weights, make up fake stories about how to use weapons, do circus acts like chop up fruit with blind folds on, mix up karate and take kwon do as the hands free part of gatka etc etc..