Can An Amritdhari Wed A Non Amritdhari?

Guest nervousingh

genuinely confused, who have no understanding on Khalsa Rehit Maryada.

how does one become a 'certified sehajdhari' ?

Can you prove, the concept of a Sehajdhari as per Gurbani even?

Khande ki Pahul is the only way one becomes a Sikh and adopts SGGS as SatGuru.

Also, it is safe to say the decision taken by the panj in your 'alledged' story above are not inline with Gurmat and Khalsa Rehit Maryada. No matter what and how you try to justify it.

I fully agree with you , instead of all the Brauhaha , why has no one quoted Rehat Maryada ( i know why, all the deras & so called mahapurushs have their owm maryada , and barring a few they do not accept finality of Maryada adopted by akal Takhat ) . Had any one , including the Singhni who started the thread , read the Rehat Maryada everything would have been crystal clear by only one reading . The very starting para of the Maryada says - Jo ISTRI YA PURUSH IK AKAAL PURAKH , DAS GURU SAHIBAAN 9 GURU NANAK DEV JI TON LAI KE GURU GOBIND SINGH JI TAK) SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB ATEY DAS GURU SAHIBAN DI BANI TE SIKHIA ATE DASHMESH JI DE AMRIT UTTE NISCHA RAKHDA HAI ATE KISEY HOR DHARAM NOO NAHI MANDA OH SIKH HAI

Now at page 16 under heading ANAND SANSKAR , first line says that SIKH SIKHNI DA VIAH BINA JAAT PAAT GOT VICHARE DE HONA CHAHEEDA HAI ,the second line says - SIKH DI PTRI DA VIAH SIKH NAAL HEE HOVEY

When we read the definition of sikh and first two lines of ANAND SANSKAAR togather , does any one has to explain further ?

We have to and should follow the maryada without reading between lines - that is the only sentence i wish to add on my account

FATEH

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh....

I want to say something on this topic that Guru Sahib teaches us that whole humanity is creation of One God . We all are children of God but sometimes we forget this thing when it comes to marriage . We start to look for the religion or caste of other person or family.Even while marrying with a Sikh family we ask about their cast . I agree on the point that A Sikh should marry a Sikh but what if a Sikh boy/girl decides to marry someone from different religion but won't leave his Sikhi . Marriage is a relation of meeting two souls if the two are comfortable with each other and respect each other's religion then what else is needed ?

And one more thing , from childhood we have taught that for Singhs all girls and women are sisters and mothers . One of my friend has taken it very much seriously that he has refused to marry because according to him he has pledged that each Kaur is his sister and he can't even think like to marry an Amritdhari girl because for him all Singhnis are his sisters . Even in college time he was the only one to call each girl as his sister . Never much talked with girls. Always stayed from them . He is only child of his parents and he is only amritdhari in his family . By his decision his parents are really worried as he has decided not to marry whole life.

1.unity is needed, if parents have different religions than poor confused children. Wat is 'comfortable with each other' many marriages end even where the people chose each other. 'Meeting of souls' wat does that mean? Most people don't even realize their own soul, and u think ppl will realize others souls? Meeting of souls is an euphemism.it only really applies to God and soul bride.

2. Many people use that argument. Once I heard a committee member say His wife can't take AMRIT because then she would be related to him as a sister. And when asked how is she gonna get mukti he said from doing my seva cuz I do paath. He believed girls shouldn't take AMRIT and should hope their fathers/brothers/husbands did enough bhagti that they could get mukt from doing their seva. But it is a spiritual relationship just like guru Gobind Singh being our father. We don't throw away our biological father. Anyway Bhai veer Singh describes a Puratan wedding where the Singh pledges that I had seen all as my sisters but today I take this flani singhni as wife. And the singhni pledges from here on I see all men as my brothers except flana Singh. I don't remember the exact wording but basically they say I used to treat this person as a brother but now will become my husband. Quite straightforward. Tell ur friend to look it up in Satwant kaur by Bhai veer Singh.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jacfsing2

The short answer to this question is: Yes, but not the yes as in anyway. The non-Amritdhari should at least follow Sikhi to the best of their ability, doing paht, seva, simran. Should try to live Sikh values. I don't recommend marrying an Amritdhari with Non-Amritdhari just to bring them to Sikhi, because that's Guru Sahib's job not dating.

The short answer to this question is: Yes, but not the yes as in anyway. The non-Amritdhari should at least follow Sikhi to the best of their ability, doing paht, seva, simran. Should try to live Sikh values. I don't recommend marrying an Amritdhari with Non-Amritdhari just to bring them to Sikhi, because that's Guru Sahib's job not dating.

The short answer is No because of the level of commitment toward Guru Sahib is different. One has accepted the idea of giving the head (mind) to Guru Sahib and the other is still juggling their head and don't know where to place it. Once a person has taken amrit they have entertained the idea of giving up the self to the Guru. This brings a person closer to realizing how important amrit and Guru is. A person who has not even decided to take amrit cannot even fathom the idea.

Guest Bibi

I haven't seen any Amritdharies married to non Amritdharies.

Seen plenty of Amritdhari's marry non Amritdhari's in UK and it's mostly boy is Amritdhari and girl is non Amritdhari, never seen it other way around. :mellow2:

Guest Jacfsing2

Seen plenty of Amritdhari's marry non Amritdhari's in UK and it's mostly boy is Amritdhari and girl is non Amritdhari, never seen it other way around. :mellow2:

It's very popular amongst Nihangs, but according to them women can't chack Amrit.

It's very popular amongst Nihangs, but according to them women can't chack Amrit.

Nihang Singhs do not say women cant take Amrit. There might be one or two of them who have been done wrong by women and now they hate women altogether. Nihang Singhs marry amritdhari bibis and give amrit to women. One or two trouble makers do not speak for all the Nihang Jathas.

Guest Jacfsing2

Nihang Singhs do not say women cant take Amrit. There might be one or two of them who have been done wrong by women and now they hate women altogether. Nihang Singhs marry amritdhari bibis and give amrit to women. One or two trouble makers do not speak for all the Nihang Jathas.

Hazur Sahib does not give full amrit to women, it's called Kirpan Di Amrit: here's a long lengthy article about it: http://www.amritworld.com/main/?p=86#sthash.HfJ53XL1.dpbs

I'm not arguing either way, just presenting facts, which I haven't seen you do.