Confused

JagjeetST

Dass is a Uni student, and due to the lack of time I mostly listen to my nitnem, is this okay?

I guess bigger question, are we doing nitnem as sense of duty only as once its done-we totally forget about contents of five panj banis through out the whole day, and off to other things in our life..if that a case then we have inadvertenly turned nitneem into dogma. I am sorry to say. Once again to clarify doing nitneem is NOT a dogma but our perception/our mindset behind it of doing nitneem for sake of doing it/superficially without looking into deeply is dogma.

I guess serious bhagti way of looking at this would be do five nitnem banis listen to it or do it and most importantly do vichar/ contemplate on five banis through out the day and live accordingly based on gyan of panj banis (whatever portion or quotes from nitneem resonates with you on deep profound level) through out the whole day.

Doing nitneem panj banis is not a joke its profound (ultimate truth remembrance) by one to start one's day which is so profound that effect of that should absorb you in back drop through out whole day which does not necessarily block our worldly duties but rather five banis absorbs one to the point, one start functioning through them or operate through gyan of panj banis.

We don't have to start from something big, after doing or listening panj banis....always do simple self reflection..we should ask ourselves..which lines or quotes from panj banis resonated with us today(different quotes will resonate with us different day-as gurbani anubhav parkash is endless ocean) and deeply inquire more about it...start from japji sahib...do and listen to japji sahib then pause for moment, take a step back and ask ourselves which line/quote from japji sahib most resonated with us today, followed by jaap sahib, savaie, chapuai sahib, anand sahib go deep, deep...deeply inquire and listen deeply (sunaie has very important significance as listed in japji sahib suanaie pauri) just by listening-

ਸੁਣਿਐ ਲਾਗੈ ਸਹਜਿ ਧਿਆਨੁ ॥

Suṇi▫ai lāgai sahj ḏẖi▫ān.

By Listening-intuitively one spontaneously starts to meditate/contemplate deeply.

In this way, one becomes more open and receptive towards inner divine guidance/intuitive divine wisdom guidance/satguru(pure true consciouness) which is always unfolding, and its infinite ..satguru always doing bachan bilas with everyone everytime even here and now via gurbani but unfortunately we are to busy with our own chatter, conceptual intellectual ideas and mind conditioning.

Hey

Gurbani asks us to do Bandgi- silencing the mind, the 5 thieves. Do naam simran, attune yourself to the frequency of truth that resounds across the universe. U can do this while working(working itself is Bhagti), sitting, eating, sleeping, partying, and studying.

I'm pretty much hooked on naam, it's an incomparable priceless gem.

Satnaam

I guess bigger question, are we doing nitnem as sense of duty only as once its done-we totally forget about contents of five panj banis through out the whole day, and off to other things in our life..if that a case then we have inadvertenly turned nitneem into dogma. I am sorry to say. Once again to clarify doing nitneem is NOT a dogma but our perception/our mindset behind it of doing nitneem for sake of doing it/superficially without looking into deeply is dogma.

I guess serious bhagti way of looking at this would be do five nitnem banis listen to it or do it and most importantly do vichar/ contemplate on five banis through out the day and live accordingly based on gyan of panj banis (whatever portion or quotes from nitneem resonates with you on deep profound level) through out the whole day.

Doing nitneem panj banis is not a joke its profound (ultimate truth remembrance) by one to start one's day which is so profound that effect of that should absorb you in back drop through out whole day which does not necessarily block our worldly duties but rather five banis absorbs one to the point, one start functioning through them or operate through gyan of panj banis.

We don't have to start from something big, after doing or listening panj banis....always do simple self reflection..we should ask ourselves..which lines or quotes from panj banis resonated with us today(different quotes will resonate with us different day-as gurbani anubhav parkash is endless ocean) and deeply inquire more about it...start from japji sahib...do and listen to japji sahib then pause for moment, take a step back and ask ourselves which line/quote from japji sahib most resonated with us today, followed by jaap sahib, savaie, chapuai sahib, anand sahib go deep, deep...deeply inquire and listen deeply (sunaie has very important significance as listed in japji sahib suanaie pauri) just by listening-

ਸੁਣਿਐ ਲਾਗੈ ਸਹਜਿ ਧਿਆਨੁ ॥

Suṇi▫ai lāgai sahj ḏẖi▫ān.

By Listening-intuitively one spontaneously starts to meditate/contemplate deeply.

In this way, one becomes more open and receptive towards inner divine guidance/intuitive divine wisdom guidance/satguru(pure true consciouness) which is always unfolding, and its infinite ..satguru always doing bachan bilas with everyone everytime even here and now via gurbani but unfortunately we are to busy with our own chatter, conceptual intellectual ideas and mind conditioning.

Good points made. One has to contemplate over their daily nitnem and apply it everyday. If one is going to just listen, might as well open up youtube video of nitnem with translations and benefit more than just listening to the audio as one's mind might wander off easily. Just my thoughts.

Gurbani constantly teaches us to attune ourselves to Naam- the detached frequency of Truth- the balanced gyan that lives to discover while remaining detached from the nashas of the highs and lows.

Gurbani is a teacher, we don't necessarily need to read it's teachings over and over, the aim is to Apply the teachings to our lives 100%.

For example, if we read that We should recite the Naam, control our 5 thieves, not slander etc, and we don't Actually Do these things, then we're not Respecting the Guru and the Gyan we are being taught.

If we don't accept our karams as deserved and Hukam, then we are not respecting the gyan.

So in short, Respecting the gyan is Applying the gyan taught to our lives, to begin to Live Truthfully.

• 2 weeks later...

Dass Jee,

if you listen Nitem, which is quite good...can you tell me the base line teachings which are in the Nitnem and throughout the Bani.

Isn´t it the mahima of His Naam? You see, just by saying oh, how good is that cake, it has cashews, it has cream, nuts, and so on ... one´s hunger will not get , until you eat it .

So listening Nitnem is just listening the mahima, the goodness of Wahiguru, but then doing what the Nitnem says, is being attuned and one with Wahiguru. If you love Wahiguru, you will or anybody will surely love to recite His Naam.

The bani says: Saas saas simroh Gobind. Time, Kaal, will never allow us to do His chintan, it is we as sikhs that have to make the best of our time and lives and dedicate it lovingly devoted to Him at His Lotus Feet.

You complain about time, when you go or come from the uni, or are free for a time with your mind, just repeat His Naam...as simple as that; gradually by His Grace, you will automatically get time to do His bhajan bandagee ...you will be amazed. But bro, to start with, you will have to do that much, nothing is for free.

Even atheltes, to get a piece of perishable metal, train daily for eight hours minnimum ....

And we think to get the Hghest and Unmeasureable Wahiguru...just like that?

Sorry, that would be childish...

All our agyanta, our faults, our filth in our minds...can only be wiped away, if only we hold on to His Name, and it does not matter if we do anything else or not ....because in the end, His Name, His Shabad, and He Himself are the only reality.

The Bani should be fully read and understood with devotion, but to get the aim of sikhee, it is only by holding on to His name.

Regarding the supreme importance and the value of His Naam over anything else, Dhan Dhan Satguru Nanak Dev Maharaj clears all our doubts by going straight to the point, which is all about our liberation in the end:

Vin Naavai Hor Dhhan Naahee, Hor Bikhiaa Sabh Shhaaraa
Without God's Name, there is no other wealth. Everything else is just poison and ashes.

Raag Maajh, Guru Nanak Dev.

Brother, even to repeat His sacred Name, is not done by our will, but, by His Grace and will.

If it is His will, we shall repeat His Naam, otherwise we will be engaged in many and diverse outer things, which are futile in His eyes.

That is why the Bani says: Se simrae, jisnoo Aap simrae.

This is Gurmat, everything else, however appealing or attractive it may appear to be, it is all "manmat"

God bless you.

Sat Sree Akal.

Even atheltes, to get a piece of perishable metal, train daily for eight hours minnimum ....

^^excellent

Practicing Truth requires discilpine.

Listen, when I started out, I was doing path at 4am each morning.

I used to cry and beg god to take away my lust and thieves.

I used to lie on the floor and stay there until negative energies passed over me.

One day I realised that spirituality is EASY- it's a psychology. It is our natural state of being, everyone else lives in fear, anxiety, and pain. Gurbani teaches us to Be Good.

God WANTS us to Relax, to be HAPPY. It is our doubt and desires that make us unhappy and in pain.

When u follow the teachings of gurbani, the Truth, our source of True Happiness, your state of mind and life becomes divine because u live your life beyond the bulls*t and endless mindless chatter of maya. Following Gurbani is EASY. That's why Gurbani says the gurmukhs practice Truth in intuitive ease.

What is HARD, is Taking care of our Body Temple which God has blessed us with.

Excercise and eating healthy are paramount to our evolution in truth. A weak body leads to a weak mind which leads to a weak Spirit.

Attune yourself to NAAM which is the Entire Universe it is everything u see n everything u don't, it has no image no form, It's Nothing- just a Frequency beyond which mortals can comprehend.

It is balanced Gyan- Attuned to it, we continue to learn the divine knowledge it teaches us from our Hearts.

Do Amrit vela Naam Simran from 1am onwards for at least 2 and a half hours and live the Gyan you learn in it during the day, stay grounded in it, relax be at peace and be happy. No matter what life throws at u, laugh it off and recognise it as God himself teaching and giving us his Darshan.

Brother JagjeetST,

frankly speaking, not only you but we are all confused.

Do we know, when we are confused?

I think we all know, that when we want do something , but we do it wrongly or without being certain of it. So do not worry much, the whole of the wotld is acting blindlingly.

You see, Wahiguru and His Gurmukhs, are the only permanent reality and source of bliss, peace and true happiness.

And we are all confused, because we are manmukhs, we follow the dictates of our minds and our fellow men. It is like blind following blind.

Nobody cares for what the Bani of our Guru Sahibans, Bhagat Jan or Gurmukhs say, we are very much after our own preestablished perceptions of how sikhee should be ....

We do not care much for the Bani as said before... many a times even if we see anything which in reality says something, but we prefer to ignore it and hold on to what we have been told that what Sikhee is ...

So naturally, if we allow others to interpret the Bani according to their level of understanding and we get influenced by them, the consequence is, we are putting our lives in the hands of the multitudes ...just to feel comfortable and think we are one more among them...

And them means maya, means agyanta....

As brother Sat has said above, sikhee is not difficult at all.

Rather it is a natural path of purest love and devotion for Wahiguru. That is it, nothing more and nothing less.

It is a love story between the jeeva soul and the beloved Wahiguru, everything else is surplus and ought to be out of scene.

But it is a pity, that we think that when we go there we will see the large multitudes as seeing here ...

There is a beautiful and simple line in Aartee, when it says: Sabh meh Jot, Jot hae soee.

You see, Guru Jee is telling us, Wahiguru is an Highest level of Conscious Energy.

Just as any energy has no caste, creed or nationality, nor is it realated to any geographical location, in the same way, Wahiguru is not related to any outer paraphernalia. Though He is the sole Creator of everything.

Guru Jee has beautifully made it simple for us :

He says: Jin Har japeeya, se Har hoeeya .

You see, to become one with Him, nothing else is needed.

Only His Grace, to repeat His sweet Name, in order to become one with Him. And on the contrary we are complicating everything here ....That is because we are confused, we do not rely on the teachings, the ultimate Truth, but on the surroundings which fade away within time, and we are left into the darkness of agyanta like the rest of the world ... and that is a tragedy, when we have the best teachers: our Guru Sahibans; the best school: Sikhee ... and we don´t profit even a single grain of wealth from it ...

The Bani is the only solution for all our shortcomings, provided we follow it implicitly.

Sat Sree Akal.