Nanak Shah Fakir Needs To Be Banned

hsingh8963

My own personal opinion for what it's worth.

As a non Sikh white Christian in the UK this could be a big moment for the Sikh community.

A chance to show you are above those violence advocating Islamic thugs.

An open honest discussion on national TV would be a very good thing and could show that Sikhs are open and willing to debate without the need to resort to threats.

You might be surprised at the amount of non Sikh support you have.

But one thing is for sure, if you as a community resort to threats and intimidation you will really lose a whole lot of support from people that could have been very useful to you.

You know things like people buying goods from your shops, eating in your restaurants and the whole issue of faith schools resurfacing.

I think you as a community really have to seize the moral high ground here, it's a great opportunity for you.

There was a discussion about this film on one of the Sikh faith channels here in the UK the other evening, i was absolutely disgusted at how the presenter and his two guests berated and be-littled the producer of this film who was being interviewed by them, whether you agree or disagree with this film you should have a level of respect and decorum especially if your on tv, these guys had none of it, deplorable behaviour, they had a chance to question Harinder Sikka and put their viewpoint across but all they did was come across as fools in my opinion.

There was a discussion about this film on one of the Sikh faith channels here in the UK the other evening, i was absolutely disgusted at how the presenter and his two guests berated and be-littled the producer of this film who was being interviewed by them, whether you agree or disagree with this film you should have a level of respect and decorum especially if your on tv, these guys had none of it, deplorable behaviour, they had a chance to question Harinder Sikka and put their viewpoint across but all they did was come across as fools in my opinion.

What kind of things were they saying?

What kind of things were they saying?

There was a comment about a girl involved in the production of the film, a photo was found of here wearing skimpy clothes, the presenter asked the producer if he thought that was appropriate, turned out it was the producers daughter and someone had photo-shopped a photo of her a while ago (pretty common in India, they love that kind of stuff over there), upon explaining this the producer was interrupted, they were basically out for blood, if the producer tried to defend himself he wasn't given a chance, I don't mind Paxman style interviews where the person is grilled but it has to be balanced, the gut presenting this didn't have a clue, total lack of professionalism.

As far as I can tell Sikhism is about a personal relationship with God and a general love and fellowship with all mankind.

A religion of tolerence and humanity.

The last thing you need right now with all this Islamic intolerence, with Islamist groups going on a world wide crusade of infidel killing and Sharia mania is for yourselves

to come across as bigoted and intolerent.

Come on guys if your faith is that strong and your self confidence in your religion that great the matter of a movie should be inconsequential in the great scheme of things.

If you as a community over react to this then more movies are sure to come.

Sikhs have a very good reputation in the uk, don't ruin it over a movie.

I mean what next, blasphemy laws, the Islamic bigots would love that.

There was a comment about a girl involved in the production of the film, a photo was found of here wearing skimpy clothes, the presenter asked the producer if he thought that was appropriate, turned out it was the producers daughter and someone had photo-shopped a photo of her a while ago (pretty common in India, they love that kind of stuff over there), upon explaining this the producer was interrupted, they were basically out for blood, if the producer tried to defend himself he wasn't given a chance, I don't mind Paxman style interviews where the person is grilled but it has to be balanced, the gut presenting this didn't have a clue, total lack of professionalism.

Should've been clever. Instead they made the producer look like the victim. Might work behind closed doors, but on TV it's a different kettle of fish. No need to bring the guy's daughter into it, especially if it was later revealed to be a Photoshop job. That must've been cringeworthy television, lol. The thing is some people want those who uphold certain rules, maryada, etc, to appear as zealots, and this kind of behaviour plays right into their hands. Respecting tradition and a certain way of doing things is not zealotry (as long as it doesn't hurt or harm anyone else). Like I said, they should've been smarter. I'm sure they thought they did a stellar job, lol.

As far as I can tell Sikhism is about a personal relationship with God and a general love and fellowship with all mankind.

A religion of tolerence and humanity.

The last thing you need right now with all this Islamic intolerence, with Islamist groups going on a world wide crusade of infidel killing and Sharia mania is for yourselves

to come across as bigoted and intolerent.

Come on guys if your faith is that strong and your self confidence in your religion that great the matter of a movie should be inconsequential in the great scheme of things.

If you as a community over react to this then more movies are sure to come.

Sikhs have a very good reputation in the uk, don't ruin it over a movie.

I mean what next, blasphemy laws, the Islamic bigots would love that.

For me it is but there seem's to be an unhealthy strain of Sikhism forming which, in my book, is becoming more and more intolerant of anyone that has a different opinion and if we carry on down this path, as you mentioned, there will be comparisons with the way certain Muslims behave and sooner or later we'll be on the front page of the Daily Mail.

Should've been clever. Instead they made the producer look like the victim. Might work behind closed doors, but on TV it's a different kettle of fish. No need to bring the guy's daughter into it, especially if it was later revealed to be a Photoshop job. That must've been cringeworthy television, lol. The thing is some people want those who uphold certain rules, maryada, etc, to appear as zealots, and this kind of behaviour plays right into their hands. Respecting tradition and a certain way of doing things is not zealotry (as long as it doesn't hurt or harm anyone else). Like I said, they should've been smarter. I'm sure they thought they did a stellar job, lol.

I'm not a fan of the Sikh channels, i'll openly admit that but they do, on occasion provide some good programmes but on the whole i feel they do more damage than good, they seem to be an extension of the Gurdwara committees (or the white beard club as my dad calls it), I've been bought with with the saying "Man Neeva, Mat Uchi", i think someone need's to teach the presenter's on these channels the meaning of that.

For me it is but there seem's to be an unhealthy strain of Sikhism forming which, in my book, is becoming more and more intolerant of anyone that has a different opinion and if we carry on down this path, as you mentioned, there will be comparisons with the way certain Muslims behave and sooner or later we'll be on the front page of the Daily Mail.

When jathas from the same supposed panth can't stand each other and are openly hostile to each other, what chance does anyone else have? Slippery slope, my friend, just wait and see.

I'm not a fan of the Sikh channels, i'll openly admit that but they do, on occasion provide some good programmes but on the whole i feel they do more damage than good, they seem to be an extension of the Gurdwara committees (or the white beard club as my dad calls it), I've been bought with with the saying "Man Neeva, Mat Uchi", i think someone need's to teach the presenter's on these channels the meaning of that.

Good motto :)

I don't watch any sort of television anymore, but on occasion when I've been at relative's homes I've happened upon said channels, and it does seem like an extension of that committee mentality. Preaching to the choir comes to mind. Self congratulatory, back slapping, and let's go home, lol, job done, the path is safe once more.