Granthi Singh Converts To Christianity

Christian missionaries misguide our Dalit brother into thinking that there is no caste division in Christian community of India. True, Christianity does not advocate caste division but neither does Sikhi. If some misguided Sikhs follow the Hindu caste system then it is not because of Sikhi it is due to the fact that some Sikhs are following non Sikh ways of Hinduism. Once the Dalits convert to Christianity they get no respect from Christians who belong to the so called higher castes

_49024451_wall_466.jpg

Dalit Christians face just as much discrimination after converting. In this image they are buried on the other side of the wall away from the higher caste Christians.

Caste based discrimination is totally manmat thinking. Sikhs need to dump this outdated and anti Gurmat way of casteism and follow Gurmat as our Gurus intended us to follow.

Christian missionaries misguide our Dalit brother into thinking that there is no caste division in Christian community of India. True, Christianity does not advocate caste division but neither does Sikhi. If some misguided Sikhs follow the Hindu caste system then it is not because of Sikhi it is due to the fact that some Sikhs are following non Sikh ways of Hinduism. Once the Dalits convert to Christianity they get no respect from Christians who belong to the so called higher castes

_49024451_wall_466.jpg

Dalit Christians face just as much discrimination after converting. In this image they are buried on the other side of the wall away from the higher caste Christians.

Caste based discrimination is totally manmat thinking. Sikhs need to dump this outdated and anti Gurmat way of casteism and follow Gurmat as our Gurus intended us to follow.

Caste has nothing whatsoever to do with any religion, it's a cultural phenomena that is mainly practised in the Indian sub-continent, lower "caste" Indian's/Punjabi's/Hindu's/Gujurati's/Sikh's convert to Christianity because they feel they will be treated as equals but they seem to forget that they are still living within a country that actively practises the caste system and an unfortunate truth is that we "Indians" have taken this practise with us into the western world, it's all fine and well saying "Sikhism treat's all as one" but the reality is very different.

I saw a short documentary a while ago about a small Gurdwara in India where those of lower caste's are given karah parshad through a different door than the rest of the sangat, absolutely disgusting behaviour.

I find it slightly strange that because another Sikh does not like me for my background or my social status therefore I must convert to another faith in order to feel accepted.

It's like saying I do not get on with my Chacha and my Thaiya and my cousins because I am poorer than them, therefore I must find another family to join. Who will pay me money to join their family.

If every other Sikh chooses to hate my guts or wants to treat me differently, what does it have to do with the love for my Guruji. Ultimately, it is between the relationship between yourself and the Akaal.

Funny enough I was listening to the weird and wacky guy that is Deepak Chopra and he made a book called Seven Rules for Spiritual Success, he kind of mentions that in the human condition that there is need for acceptance and that it was built on attachment, fear and ego and by letting go of these things we do not care if others judge us (or something like that).

It does sound very similar to the five vices of moh, lobh, ahankar, krodh and kaam. It is clear this particular Granthi even though Amritdhari had not been able to let go of his vices.

I find it slightly strange that because another Sikh does not like me for my background or my social status therefore I must convert to another faith in order to feel accepted.

If every other Sikh chooses to hate my guts or wants to treat me differently, what does it have to do with the love for my Guruji.

Funny enough I was listening to the weird and wacky guy that is Deepak Chopra and he made a book called Seven Rules for Spiritual Success, he kind of mentions that in the human condition that there is need for acceptance and that it was built on attachment, fear and ego and by letting go of these things we do not care if others judge us (or something like that).

It does sound very similar to the five vices of moh, lobh, ahankar, krodh and kaam.

Ha! Spot on! That's exactly the type of pathological need for approval and a lack of faith that can be extended to people simpering around in the footsteps of men who say they are gateways to God. In both cases it shows a complete lack of belief in our Guru. People dress it up as many things, but fundamentally what we're admitting to when we partake in such nonsense is, "Guru Sahib isn't enough. I need more." That's what it boils down to.