Granthi Singh Converts To Christianity

The original aims of the Singh Sabha and Gurdwara reform movement was to allow all 'castes' into Gurdwaras. This move was bitterly opposed by Khem Singh Bedi who was aligned with Mahants who wanted Hindu caste rules to be observed at Gurdwaras. Giani Ditt Singh somebody who was termed low caste gave a fitting reply that all Sikhs were equal. It's a shame caste rules are on the rise as Sikhs are being termed Hindus these days.

Question

If caste based Gurdwaras are the problem, how come this epidemic is not as prevalent in the West where you have " caste" based Gurdwaras?

I'm guessing there was a financial incentive for the granthi to convert. He may have been struggling to put food on the table for his family, etc. In the West, whilst not all Sikhs are living a comfortable middle class existence, there's less of a basic compunction to go to such resorts to feed and home one's family. This is just conjecture on my part though.

I'm guessing there was a financial incentive for the granthi to convert. He may have been struggling to put food on the table for his family, etc. In the West, whilst not all Sikhs are living a comfortable middle class existence, there's less of a basic compunction to go to such resorts to feed and home one's family. This is just conjecture on my part though.

Yes, he took the financial bait. Therefore, it could be concluded that caste was not the reason but it was due to poverty.

If institutions such as SGPC cannot be bothered then changes need to be made.

Yes, he took the financial bait. Therefore, it could be concluded that caste was not the reason but it was due to poverty.

If institutions such as SGPC cannot be bothered then changes need to be made.

I don't know the system of how they work these things in India, but is it the SGPC who pay granthis for their duties or is it down to the individual village Gurdwara to pay his wages? Are even the smallest village or city Gurdwaras under SGPC control?

Caste discrimination is single most threat in the panth. Singh's who do panj pyares Seva should do lot more in terms of awareness campaign against caste creeping in the panth. Orginal panj pyares were all from different castes different part of india in the past before they became Khalsa and took amrit from same batta. This intself is great profound powerful symbolism which can affect many people that we are all one Khalsa is all one. Current Singhs sahiban an who is doing panj pyares di Seva should carefully note and follow this profound practical symbolism to unite Sikhs by living by original panj pyares.

Original panj pyares did lot more than many Singh's who do panj pyares di Seva who seem to treat this extreme pious honourable chivalry representation as part time only when there is amrit sanchar.

Caste discrimination was always there in different forms but there was no threat in Christian missionaries. What makes it different then and what makes it different now?

If you read the article, you will notice that the evangelicals trick of exploiting the aam janta has been foiled, so they are trying another tactic which is to bribe the granthis because through the granthi you can convert the masses. However, this trick also needs to be foiled, so the next trick for the evangelicals would be bribe the institutions and maybe convert influential people in the akal takht or the SGPC.

We all know the Xtian missiinaries are exploiting weaknesses but they are not doing this out of the good of their hearts, this is just another form of re-colonisation.

Remember the Church (whichever denomination) are the largest landowners outside of the Indian Government. Which also means that this land is controlled by foreign entities, the churches are not independent Indian churches but are franchises like McDonalds or KFC.

I agree with what you got to say there, just one small pick up the word "Xtian" means ex-christian. But anyways the best way to combat the threat of Christian fundamentalist preachers targeting illiterate and gullible Sikhs and the punjab is to target Christian communities for mass conversions to Sikhi. We know SGPC are freemason atheists so we cant rely on those bunch of sellouts.

Each Sikh needs to ensure they find 10 Christians and really break down Christianity like we have done with Islam over the years. We have to make them question the concepts of how can humanity all be sinners and jesus dying means were all forgiven for our sins. And how can God be killed and God crying out to God for help? Christianity is in a real mess but most of the followers are as brainwashed as muslims they dont use their brains to think logically. But Christians are easier to convert to Sikhi because there is no threat of death if they leave Christianity unlike islam.

Question is though are Sikhs motivated enough and love Sikhi enough to create propaganda for christians to convert to Sikhi or will Sikhs on this forum and outside it continue to eat their pakoray and samosay until there are no Sikhs left?