Uk Pm David Cameron Khalistani

Forget it Jagsaw.

This forum is incapable of understanding that the Tories have:

(1) Pledged a Sikh Regiment

(2) Shown interest in Sikhs by visiting the Harmandir Sahib and Jalianwala Bagh. Labour has never bothered -only trade deals.

(3) Recognised the three basic core principles of Sikhi - kirat karna, wand ke chakna, naam japna - and stated so publicly

(4) Invited Sikhs to Downing St on Vaisakhi, kirtan at Downing St

(5) Celebrated Vaisakhi in the Houses of Parliament

(6) Supported the creation of Sikh free schools - the only party to do so. This aspect is an integral part of the Sikh manifesto. Labour are against free schools.

(7) Passed legislation to close a loop hole in allowing turbans to be worn in the workplace.

(8) Attended a nagar kirtan and gurdwara in full view of the worlds media - no barring of worshippers unlike Labour. Infact, the total opposite occurred. Mingled with 15,000.

(9) Scrapped turban searches at airports, a legislation that the EU will seek to look upon as a model for their respective member states

(10) Released several video's in praise of Sikhs, their contribution to British society and the economy.

Has Labour supported Sikhs specifically on the above points?

I rest my case.

The aspect of Sikh schools is part of the Sikh manifesto - this aspect of the Sikh manifesto is supported by the Tories.

To think outside of the "Sikh box" for a minute, if every community produced a manifesto i.e. Hindu manifesto, Sikh manifesto, Jewish manifesto, Muslim manifesto, Atheist manifesto etc....the government will not be able to govern! When we elect a government it has a mandate to govern for all the British isles and it's peoples. It will will please some but not all - that goes for all governments. No government will keep everyone happy.

To read some of the views on this thread, it's as if some are not familiar with a western democracy!

Go ask the Tories why they collaborated with Indira Gandhi over the 1984 Harmandar Sahib attack, and following 1984 banned a nagar kirtan and sports tournament in London at the request of the Indian government.

Did Cameron apologise for the British jallianwala Bach massacre ? No..so a visit is just another political stunt.

Ask David Cameron why the Tories carried out a "white washed" cover up operation enquiry when investigating british involvement in the 1984 harmandar sahib attack , and still his government is not open to releasing related documents or supporting a independent public enquiry.

The Tories have ignored the efforts of Sikh groups to gain status a separate ethnic entity.

It's easy to impress the uneducated by visiting a Gurdwara or inviting summer people to eat samosas and have some photos taken at downing street...

Actions speak louder than words. Which political party is pledging support for the Sikh Manifesto ???

Its not the Tories nor is it labour at the minute...

The assistance, (not collaboration) in the form of advice, was given - and ignored. It is astonishing that the advice was given - but not surprising. In the global view of events, many countries seek the advice of Britain and the US in dealing with uprising/insurgencies etc. Britain is viewed as a country with experience in how to handle such a situation, in particular the SAS. Remember, it was in 1980 that the Iranian Embassy siege in London took place, and it was the SAS that stormed it. This siege was televised throughout the world. Many leaders viewed Britain's military strategies with awe (despite what you and I think) and so as a fellow commonwealth member state with friendly status, coupled with the cordial relationship between Gandhi and Thatcher, it was natural that the SAS were asked for an opinion.

Let me stress - I don't agree with this. It was a dark moment not only in the Tory party but for Britain herself, to allow itself to be dragged into Operation Bluestar. But David Cameron wasn't in the Conservative party then. Furthermore, there should be a independent enquiry. Whether the tories or labour agree to it is another matter. The Sikhs are divided amongst themselves. The Sikh Fed (UK) wants something different to the NSO (Lord Singh) which is different to the Sikh Council UK.

No party has come out in support of the Sikh manifesto in it's entirety - for a reason. It's not something I wanted to go into but I shall. Whilst it is projected as a document produced by the Sikh Network, there are many that view it as a product of the Sikh Federation (UK). I personally have nothing against Sikh Fed (UK), but many others in the Sikh community do. If you're seeking support for the Sikh Manifesto from political parties, the first question they'll ask you is "does this Sikh manifesto have the support of Sikhs outside the Sikh Federation (UK)?"

Can you see the problem here?

Regarding the recognition of recognising Sikhs as a separate ethnic group for the purposes of monitoring, it is pertinent to note that one of the leading lights in the early 1980's who campaigned for the same recognition has now come out against it - Lord Inderjit Singh! Therefore, again, the political parties, be it Labour or Conservative, will ask "is recognising the Sikhs as a separate ethnic group a view shared by all Sikhs"?

Can you see the problem here?

The government is aware that the Sikhs themselves have differing views regarding the nature of an enquiry (independent/UN/judge-led/public), the Sikh manifesto or ethnic monitoring.

Therefore, rather than focusing on what the government can do, look at what the government/political party has already done. It's a blueprint to move forward.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾ॥ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਿਹ॥

Mr and Mrs Cameron were taken to a side room where, it is said, Mr Cameron delivered a speech.

Correction - David Cameron was NOT taken to a side room. The gurdwara masands allowed the speech to take place in the main darbar (as shown on Akaal TV).

We have no idea if Gurbani or Path was interrupted to make way for the speeches.

From the newspapers the Akhand Path was disrupted as speeches started. A lone Sikh protested and the Politicians had to move to another hall.

OK. So is that how fickle we have become ? Is that how "12 O'Clock" we have really become ?...in that we'll base our voting decision on the fact that the leader of one of the most powerfull nations on earth didn't know when he should or should not get up and speak to the microphone in a Gurdwara and yet we'll vote for the leader and party that saw us as dirty lepers and didn't want the media photographing him standing next to smelly animals like us, whilst simultaneously imposing right wing Indian nationalist Hindu MPs on us ?

Have we really, as a community, really begun to live up to the racist bigoted Indian '12 o'clock' stereotype ? If not, please explain to me why 90% of us will be voting for the party that saw us Sikhs as such disgusting, disease ridden, deformed mutant, foreign, illegal immigrant, benefit scrounging, rag headed bearded animals that it didn't want it's leader being photographed standing next to animals like us?

Forget it Jagsaw.

This forum is incapable of understanding that the Tories have:

(1) Pledged a Sikh Regiment

(2) Shown interest in Sikhs by visiting the Harmandir Sahib and Jalianwala Bagh. Labour has never bothered -only trade deals.

(3) Recognised the three basic core principles of Sikhi - kirat karna, wand ke chakna, naam japna - and stated so publicly

(4) Invited Sikhs to Downing St on Vaisakhi, kirtan at Downing St

(5) Celebrated Vaisakhi in the Houses of Parliament

(6) Supported the creation of Sikh free schools - the only party to do so. This aspect is an integral part of the Sikh manifesto. Labour are against free schools.

(7) Passed legislation to close a loop hole in allowing turbans to be worn in the workplace.

(8) Attended a nagar kirtan and gurdwara in full view of the worlds media - no barring of worshippers unlike Labour. Infact, the total opposite occurred. Mingled with 15,000.

(9) Scrapped turban searches at airports, a legislation that the EU will seek to look upon as a model for their respective member states

(10) Released several video's in praise of Sikhs, their contribution to British society and the economy.

Has Labour supported Sikhs specifically on the above points?

I rest my case.

The aspect of Sikh schools is part of the Sikh manifesto - this aspect of the Sikh manifesto is supported by the Tories.

To think outside of the "Sikh box" for a minute, if every community produced a manifesto i.e. Hindu manifesto, Sikh manifesto, Jewish manifesto, Muslim manifesto, Atheist manifesto etc....the government will not be able to govern! When we elect a government it has a mandate to govern for all the British isles and it's peoples. It will will please some but not all - that goes for all governments. No government will keep everyone happy.

To read some of the views on this thread, it's as if some are not familiar with a western democracy!

British Sikhs who are true Sikhs (ie those fighting for Sikh interests) and not those liberal punjabi atheist leftist extremist morons. Will not care for what you mentioned above what they care about is basically this:

1) Monitoring of hate crimes against Sikhs and better protection from anti-sikh criminals. Just like the british jews have in their area's from islamic nutjobs.

2) Full support for the Sikh stance of self determination of Khalistan, with moral, political and financial backing for the state to exist.

3) Apologises and recompense for the events of 1984 operation blue star and 1919 amrtisar massacre of innocent unarmed peaceful Punjabi Sikh and other indian nationalist protesters by a racist mass murdering british general using equally guilty gurka troops.

4) No to british Sikh regiment (as no Sikh worth is salt should be fighting wars, killing innocents for economical global elite white western oil and land grabbing interests).

5) There are hundreds of Christian churchs and schools in punjab and former Sikh empire lands. Why shouldn't there be hundreds of Sikh gurdwaray and schools in the UK? It's only fair and just and equal opportunities.

From what I have read the SNP have fully endorsed the Sikh Manifesto, so Sikhs in Scotland should vote for them. Have the other parties made any official statements.? Both parties have visited Gurdwaras and told Sikhs how great they are but no official policy statements.