I Watched Nanak Shah Fakir..my Thoughts

I agree with you. But my intention for watching the movie wasn't for spiritual gain. I really enjoyed watching the Sakhis come to life.

I can understand that many Sikhs want to see faith based movies. To be honest, I do too. But not if the role of Guru Sahib is going to be acted like in the case of Harish Khanna playing the role of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Jee in Nanak Shah Fakir. First the movie team denied this then admitted this. This is uncharted territory which is best left as is. Why the need to make a movie on Guru Sahib?

Please try to remember that ਗੁਰੂ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਇਜ਼ੱਤ ਅੱਸੀ ਹੀ ਕਰਨੀ ਤੇ ਕਰਾਉਣੀ ਹੈ. If we start this trend of allowing actors to play Guru Sahibaan now, time is not far when we will see Indian film makers making a fool of our Guru Jees in a comical and satirical way. And don't be shocked because they do this with their own Devi Devtas.

No need for actors to play Guru Sahib. Sikh history is such an extensive subject. Choose any aspect of Sikh history from any period, it is all awe inspiring. We have so many great Sikh Saints and Martyrs from the Guru Sahib period to modern times. Choose anyone of them, an inspiring movie can be made on them like Eh Janam Tumhare Lekhe about Bhagat Pooran Singh Jee. I would love to see a movie made on Gursikhs like Baba Maharaj Singh, Baba Karam Singh Hoti Mardan, Sant Attar Singh Mastuanewale or the countless Sikh freedom fighters who fought against the Mughals, Afghans, British or even the recent Sangarsh of the 80s.

Guest Jacfsing2

Many accept this trend of showing Guru Maharaj in movies thinking it will make Sikhs more devout and even go to the extent of saying far fetched things like this movie will convert all the Hindus to Sikhi. Let us take two examples in front of us. one Christianity and the other Islam.

Christians make all sorts of movies about Jesus. Allow Jesus cartoons. They even allow comedians like Sarah Silverman making offensive jokes about Jesus. Now let's look at Muslims, they do not allow movies or cartoons to be made on Prophet Mohammad. When one compares the two religious communities, the Muslims are clearly the more devout people to their religion than the Christians who allow everything to be done with Jesus. Most Christians in reality are agnostics while most Muslims on average are more observant of their religion, Islam.

So clearly this argument that displaying Gurus in movies and Drama Serials will make Sikhs more devout and some how even convert millions of Hindus to Sikhi is a baseless one.

If Muslims blow up and kill innocent people would you say, "look at these devout Muslims they just truly follow Muhammad killing any righteous person, let's be like them" if you don't believe me:

"Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection."

Do you want Sikhs as terrorists, let's compare that with the religion Christians follow:

Ephesians 4:31-32 NIV

Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Guru Sahib Sikhi had more in common with Christianity than Islam. I guess you want Sikhs shooting innocent people like ISIS and raping prisoners of war.

Guest Jacfsing2

Are you Christian? lol

No, but I respect humanity. The reason I respected Christianity more than Islam was because the first evolved from its barbarian tradition: Crusades, while the second refuses to grow up. Only Sikhi was perfect from the beginning.

While crusades were not perfectly conducted, but to be fair crusades that were conducted for the recovery of the Biblical holy land were in retaliation for centuries of Jihad done on Christian lands. In the west there is a movement where they try to show the crusades in a negative way while keeping silent on the violent expansion of Islam.

Exactly right. Appeasers throw the 'crusades' argument into the mix when trying to knock what happened during that time (not saying it was right, however Chriatians were fighting to reclaim what they felt was theirs), yet these same people fall silent on the barbaric spread of Islam by the sword of the Turk.

Exactly right. Appeasers throw the 'crusades' argument into the mix when trying to knock what happened during that time (not saying it was right, however Chriatians were fighting to reclaim what they felt was theirs), yet these same people fall silent on the barbaric spread of Islam by the sword of the Turk.

I actually agree with this comment.

The Crusades were started because access to the Holy land was denied by the violent spread of Islam.

I cannot for the life of me explain why a lot of Chistians don't come forward and make this fact known.

I really do not understand the mind set of some Church goers.

I actually agree with this comment.

The Crusades were started because access to the Holy land was denied by the violent spread of Islam.

I cannot for the life of me explain why a lot of Chistians don't come forward and make this fact known.

I really do not understand the mind set of some Church goers.

Probably afraid of being labelled as an extremist or not wanting to appear to glorify the carnage that occurred back then.

As a neutral I've noticed that British society is very quick to admonish Christians and Christianity in general, like an irritable parent giving his unruly child a quick backhander. Admittedly, a lot's been done in the name of the Christian God, but when it comes to Islam there's nothing to be heard from these same people but the gentle rolling of tumbleweed and the chirruping of crickets, lol. Cowards. Myopic, appeasing cowards. If you're brave enough to slam Christianity then afford the same courtesy to Islam if and when warranted.