I Watched Nanak Shah Fakir..my Thoughts

Yeah Christianity is not perfect but it's my cultural heritage.

I am actually quite proud to be a Protestant and proud of the fact that as a country we broke away from the cruel clutches of Roman Catholicism.

A legal system based of fairness was created that was exported to most of the world and many many people want to come here to do business.

A read a funny thing online the other day where a load of Sharia enthusiasts were asked if they would prefer British secular law or Sharia and they said Sharia.

They were then asked if they found themselves in trouble which country would they like to be tried in, a Sharia country or Britain, most said Britain.

I had to laugh at that one.

Somewhat.. how does the quote from opposite religions have significance to us?

Chrisitians are somewhat barbaric too you know.. I'm sure you're aware that all animals and plants have an atma too right.. yet Jesus ate fish. So that tells you a lot about Christianity.. If eating meat doesn't seem barbaric, idk what is.

Wow...I hope you were joking, because linking Jesus to teaching barbarianism is just too funny! if you drink milk, then this statement is very hypocritical. The way those animals are treated is one of the most cruelist things in the world. And that also goes to wearing leather shoes, having leather in your car seats etc...(I drink milk and have leather products, which I know is wrong, that's why I wouldn't call Jesus' practises as being barbarian.)

Guru Gobind Singh Ji instructed us to study and analyse the other religions. Of course, he also said that our faith in and knowledge of Sikhi should be firm enough to withstand any scrutiny from others or even our own mind when questions arise. Considering we don't live in a world where there is only Sikhi and Sikhs, "opposite religions" are incredibly significant to us; that is if you don't want to spend your entire life with your head in the sand.

Chrisitians are somewhat barbaric too you know.. I'm sure you're aware that all animals and plants have an atma too right.. yet Jesus ate fish. So that tells you a lot about Christianity.. If eating meat doesn't seem barbaric, idk what is.

You do know meat eating is permissible for some Sikhs depending on maryada and / or jatha? What does that say about us according to you, lol? I've said this before but I'll say it again, I'm a vege since birth so I'm not endorsing consuming meat. Still happens though :)

I'm vegan actually. With the exception of parshad. If you know it's cruel why don't you stop?? I know it would be somewhat impossible to stop fully, but you can try your best, which just shows that you don't support it. I'm not trying to talk bad about Jesus, I'm just saying I don't believe how he can eat meat.. How can that be justified at all for humans?? As for barbarians, I'm not really directing that to Jesus.. only to his followers who eat meat. Also I don't recall of him ever talking about karma or reincarnation.. which are 2 major points about sansaar.

Yeah, we can study other religions, but not necessarily believe in them fully..! True points though :)

I think eating meat just isn't for humans.. Even in phat people who are vegetarian are praised, so why not be vegetarian lol???

You're right. I should become vegan. Hopefully one day I will. :)

Exactly right. Appeasers throw the 'crusades' argument into the mix when trying to knock what happened during that time (not saying it was right, however Chriatians were fighting to reclaim what they felt was theirs), yet these same people fall silent on the barbaric spread of Islam by the sword of the Turk.

The Crusades that occurred in the Biblical holyland have largely been misunderstood by the average person. This could be due to several reasons. Chief among those is that the Saudis pay academics in the west to research and write books in favour of the Islamic point of view of historical matters such as the crusades. Today this pro islamic view of the Crusades is the generally accepted view.

An American academic has created a really good youtube channel called "Real Crusade History" where he cites primary and historic sources to get to the real facts of what occurred. He especially puts to rest many Islamic myths like how Muslims like to boast that Al Andalus(Spain) was heaven on earth before the conquistadors conquered it.

Guest Jacfsing2

Are they barbaric? I don't know, but if they are it's a bigger issue than just eating meat, PETA is a terrorist organization based on veganism.

Guest Jacfsing2

I actually agree with this comment.

The Crusades were started because access to the Holy land was denied by the violent spread of Islam.

I cannot for the life of me explain why a lot of Chistians don't come forward and make this fact known.

I really do not understand the mind set of some Church goers.

In America it's different, especially if you live in a place called the Bible Belt, where nearly everyone is proud of their faith in accepting Jesus. I assume the rest of the world is different on devotion to Christianity

In America it's different, especially if you live in a place called the Bible Belt, where nearly everyone is proud of their faith in accepting Jesus. I assume the rest of the world is different on devotion to Christianity

In some parts of the U.S. it's crazy town when it comes to the evangelicals. It's full on End of Days, apocalyptic, Judgement Day kinda vibe, lol. It's one of the reasons the support for Israel is so vehement amongst these people, because they believe only through Israel will many Biblical prophecies come true regarding the destruction of the world and other things of that nature.

The Crusades that occurred in the Biblical holyland have largely been misunderstood by the average person. This could be due to several reasons. Chief among those is that the Saudis pay academics in the west to research and write books in favour of the Islamic point of view of historical matters such as the crusades. Today this pro islamic view of the Crusades is the generally accepted view.

An American academic has created a really good youtube channel called "Real Crusade History" where he cites primary and historic sources to get to the real facts of what occurred. He especially puts to rest many Islamic myths like how Muslims like to boast that Al Andalus(Spain) was heaven on earth before the conquistadors conquered it.

The Ridley Scott film 'Kingdom of Heaven' was released a few years ago. It's a film about the Crusades from the perspective of a Christian in the holy lands, and even before release there were Islamic scholars decrying the film as racist because it deemed to show the likes of Saladin doing what they did best, hehe. Sure, I wouldn't take history lessons from Hollywood, but as you said, the Crusades are a very sensitive subject for both sides even today.

In some parts of the U.S. it's crazy town when it comes to the evangelicals. It's full on End of Days, apocalyptic, Judgement Day kinda vibe, lol. It's one of the reasons the support for Israel is so vehement amongst these people, because they believe only through Israel will many Biblical prophecies come true regarding the destruction of the world and other things of that nature.

Yeah the destruction of the world bringing about the second coming of Christ, I hope these people never get their hands on the nuclear button.

There is a saying here in the UK regarding these people. When the mass migration to the US started from Europe back in the day we put all our religious nutters on ships and sent them to the USA and hence you have the Bible belt.

Here's an interesting one for you and by the way I am not trying to convert anyone, I'm here to get educated that's all:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-32381926