I Watched Nanak Shah Fakir..my Thoughts

Aye, how about this?

You see, I'm in two minds about stuff like this. I believe that if you're truly genuine about your faith and you aren't attempting to rip off the innocent, mislead the gullible and vulnerable, or incite hatred and violence against anyone else, it's OK to be... passionate like those guys, hehe. It's not my cup of tea, but then the world is made up of different types of people which is great. However, if it's all one big fraud and deception for whatever purpose, then, no.

Many accept this trend of showing Guru Maharaj in movies thinking it will make Sikhs more devout and even go to the extent of saying far fetched things like this movie will convert all the Hindus to Sikhi. Let us take two examples in front of us. one Christianity and the other Islam.

Christians make all sorts of movies about Jesus. Allow Jesus cartoons. They even allow comedians like Sarah Silverman making offensive jokes about Jesus. Now let's look at Muslims, they do not allow movies or cartoons to be made on Prophet Mohammad. When one compares the two religious communities, the Muslims are clearly the more devout people to their religion than the Christians who allow everything to be done with Jesus. Most Christians in reality are agnostics while most Muslims on average are more observant of their religion, Islam.

So clearly this argument that displaying Gurus in movies and Drama Serials will make Sikhs more devout and some how even convert millions of Hindus to Sikhi is a baseless one.

The other thing to consider is also Christianity and all the faiths are being undermined as it suits the motivations of a small group of powermongers at the top of the world power pyramid on this planet.

Indian govts have always wanted to destroy our faith whether it was the MUghals, English or HIndu Brahmins because then everyone would be manipulable sheep. The only faith that hasn't succumbed is ours and Islam but Islam has too much infighting to remain stable it has a built in self-destruct button because of the different sects. We are not too far along to reverse the damage we have to go back to the purataan rehit before the arrival of the English.

Guest Jacfsing2

You see, I'm in two minds about stuff like this. I believe that if you're truly genuine about your faith and you aren't attempting to rip off the innocent, mislead the gullible and vulnerable, or incite hatred and violence against anyone else, it's OK to be... passionate like those guys, hehe. It's not my cup of tea, but then the world is made up of different types of people which is great. However, if it's all one big fraud and deception for whatever purpose, then, no.

The guys in the movie are most likely there to deceive people, (if it was not the movie should not have had profits). They spend a high amount though: http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0118632/