On The Verge Of Leaving Sikhi, Suicidal

Guest singh

This is a time when your parents should be getting closer to you and helping you to sort your problems out, if they really are problems. It seems to me you lack self esteem. EVERYONE goes through this, but how we tackle it is what makes us who we are. Stop saying you have failed and look on the positives. You can change these so called friends with new ones and rejoice on what you have! Pick yourself up,get your head straight,find a job (don't stop looking until you find one, or enrol on a course that suites you and not the norm) take care your health, and learn to trust your own instincts. Parents can only do so much. And never doubt your faith by wanting to kill yourself.As for your Dyslexia..... GET OVER IT! looking at your post your quite clever for a dyslexic. Don't give up. you have the ability to change and remove these negative friends from your life. As for your family saying you will never get married, can i ask if there happily married? They see you have a good heart and potential to be better then them beacuse you have what it takes. Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to become a stronger better person. Lastly please fight back, don't just absorb all negativity that is hurled at you. Its not what where about. We don't dish rubbish out and certainly will not accept it if its thrown at us.

Paji dontcallmebhaji, the OP paji cannot get over it as Dyslexia is part of him, and it's nothing to be ashamed of or that can be rectified so easily, it affects people in different ways.

Again to OP paji they may not know enough about ur condition, I have shared information on it, as I feel as Sikhs we should be aware of different health conditions, forgive me for any wrong wording, but I hope they read it and then will be aware of how they treated you.

Waheguru

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Firstly, calm down. Life is full of challennges - some have it easier than others and others have a very difficult time.

I see two problems. One is that your santhiya teacher was taken away and the other dyslexia.

Dyslexia is a different way to perceive writing and most Western developed countries have a means to work around it. Have you been working with any school administration - telling them you have dyslexia and having them making appropriate accommodations to learn and test around it? If not, this is really a must. If you have, it will require constant effort on your part to ensure that you are given a fair chance at education. You have to FIGHT for this (duty of the Khalsa).

As for your santhiya teacher - I don't understand the why - why would they take a teacher of Gurbani away from you or how. Do they have concerns over the teacher (may be valid concerns), is this a Jathebandi issue (not a valid concern), and have they, if they have valid concerns, been able to refer you to an alternate teacher? To deny someone access to learn proper pronounciation of Gurbani is a great sin, so for these individuals (sounds like fellow, over-zealous youth) to do so is not correct unless there are valid concerns.

As for leaving Sikhi - you gave your head to the Guru and are abandoning the Guru like the 40 Beymukhs (only 40 Mukhtae after Mata Bhag Kaur returned them towards the Guru). This is not appropriate behavior for a Sikh. And sorry to tell you, but lift does not get easier as time goes on. Tighten your kamarkasa, slap yourself a few times and get with it: Nobody ever said Sikhi was easy and life is definitely not easy. It is not the outcomes that matter: the WAY in which you handle the journey, the intent, is more important than you would realize. Stop getting overly emotional over this and understand that at minimum, you have this cyber sangat to vent on, get support and move forward.

I don't know you, but being a brother to you (and most likely an elder one), I would send a virtual slap to you upside the head, tell you to toughen up and find solutions to your problems and move forward. Listen to katha of what the Sikhs had to go through in their lives, put your challenges in perspective and draw inspiration from their lives to move forward. This is not a mathematical religion: X paaths don't = victory. Work towards your goals and don't stop until you get there. THAT is the Khalsa way. You are trying to take the "easy" way out by suicide, only you don't realize what you will be losing and how much punishment you will receive upon trransitioning to the next world.

Calm down, analyze, make a plan and move forward - this is life.

Did he give a reason? I don't understand how can an ustad stop due to the say so of youth? And as for qualities, u probably have qualities that they don't have. If they talk to you nicely reply back nicely otherwise don't waste ur energy of them, spend it on Guruji instead.

look

get a profile on here, even if u have to make a new fake email address.

Contact People on here, people will literally be falling over themselves to help u, there are some good people on here ok.

don't feel like you're alone in this. it's been said that in the Kalyug (present times) people walking the Path of Truth will go through some really really difficult times and face many obstacles.

To succeed on this path, u need to be Fearless and strong. Do your amrit vela from 1am onwards for at least 2.5 hours, look up and sit straight.

And contact people on here, sometimes talking about it helps.

Don't feel alone in your problems, many sikhs have problems, and it is Kalyug after all, the age of the psychology of hell.

My family try and give me hell every single day, I have to deal with their cr*p each day, I even moved hours away to be rid of their cr*p.

But one day, as mad as it may sound, you will probably realise as I have that your pain has been a blessing, it leads us to detach from the face of the khel, turn to Truth and realise that it's all just false anyway.

If u deal with your pain by practicing Truth, u may realise that your pain has actually been your saving grace.

Really there is no pain so try and find peace in each moment,it's just a khel anyway

Guest RoganTeArSoganTe

Stick with if my man. Suicidie is a sin. Remember Maharaj loves you as if you're the only one in this world. You're only 23 and you have a life to live.

There are people out there living on less than a dollar per day. You're blessed to have everything you do. Don't take it all for granted.

The santhya situation. I need to get that started too but atm I need 25 bucks to get rolling. Its been months and I know there are people out there who don't want to see me succeed but I have full faith in Maharaj.

If you're doing Sukhmani Sahib then try to understand the message and go slowly rather than trying to just get it done. Seva and Simran and you can achieve anything.