I Lied, Please Help

Guest singh_s

Guest singh_s

I have a detention from school tomorrow, but it is really a intervention. My mom got a text saying it was a detention and I have lied by saying the cause of the detention is because my teacher hasn't seen the HMW in for today (because i had a dentist appointment), where as it is for a bad score in a previous homework.

I know it was wrong but I need guidance. I have asked Waheguruji thru prayer but am looking for an answer.

Guest MeharvaanSahib

Ill join you brother. I was having a conversation with my moms brother and he's an athesit. He said when you're in the world and you have to lie to get things done...would you not lie? He kept on pushing it with examples like buying things and bargaining etc...and I kept on saying no...and he came back with better examples and I said yeaaa...but...and he said that's it.

Its been on my mind for a few days now...and now I have thought about and I feel this is what I should've said:

1. Its Guru Gobind Maharajs hukamnama not to lie. Or give false testimony.

2. Vahegurus form is that of Truth. AadSachJugaadSachHaiBhiSachNanakHosiBhiSach so if we are to connect to the Creator then we have to completely get rid of falsehood.

3. If we say one lie we have to say other lies to cover up and this will only push us away from God.

I told him that if we stay in rehit and follow Hukam then Maharaj will keep us away from people and situations where we are prone to lie. And I deeply regret saying. "Yeaa .. but".

I did Ardass too and hopefully Maharaj will bless this papi the Sidak that Singhs should have.

If you can do anything to correct this then go for it brother. Otherwise we can only have pashutawa and try not to repeat the same mistake again.

Do the following only if it is truthful:

Tell your mom she raised you well because you are finding it very difficult to maintain a lie. Tell her you also did not want to disappoint her.

Then tell her you are sorry and need to tell her the truth. Tell her the truth. Do your best with your homework. Part of doing your best is never being afraid to ask for help.

You sound young, your conscience here is an indication of your character. You'll be ok.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use