so i do A level philosophy and im in a class with 3 other people. 2 athiests ans 1 agnostic. We do alot of political philosophy and we disscuss things like whether libery or equality should be core priorities of the state etc. its interesting but its hard to come up with one answer. so i was wondering what the sikh state would look like. the khalsa was formed to rule n save the world essentially and i tried to discuss this in my lesson which started a debate. i was arguing that our state would be one which instead of capitalism and money at its core would have spirituality. i was arguing for a society simmilar to platos philosopher king, with guru granth sahib ji mahraj at the top and the punj pyare as like the prime ministers. i argued that this state would be better than any other state because it places the enphsis on something internal (Dasam duar) rather than materalistic things like money, the athiests said that this would be a society which favorited the religious and we wouldnt be modernisng and going forward but going backwards, and that the spiritual people at the top (punj pyare) would become corrupt. but i said hat sikhi was different coz its an enclusive religion and wouldnt have a problem with any other belief system or faith or would not contradict anyone. also our ideology is to serve the world, we wouldnt be serving everyone by picking favorites but there were many pragmatic issues highligted to me with my conception of the sikh state

this was only my interpritation of the sikh state with my limited knowledge of sikhi thru bhai jigraj singh ji and russell brand lol, i came across alot of practical issues that wouldnt be work in a complex society like todays. i wanted to know some more eeducated descriptions of how a sikh state would look as were proberbly gonna continue this debate in tomorows lesson lol

thanks

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh

Would you like to see blasphemy laws enacted in your ideal Sikh state?

Would you allow open criticism of the state religion?

Freedom of speech with a limit. If u have right to say wat u want ppl should have a right to not hear insults.As long as u have proof n logic on ur side u can and should say things.but cussing n crude drawings n insults for no apparent reason, no.this would apply to all religions of course not just sikhi in khalistan.

Would there be a punishment for changing religion from Sikhism to another religion?

Would there be a punishment for leaving the faith?

Would the government be made exclusively of Sikhs or would you allow other faiths into positions of power?

Would there be the punishment for divorce?

Would there be a punishment for abortion?

How about homosexuality, would it be allowed?

Apologies but I'm just curious to know.

so i do A level philosophy and im in a class with 3 other people. 2 athiests ans 1 agnostic. We do alot of political philosophy and we disscuss things like whether libery or equality should be core priorities of the state etc. its interesting but its hard to come up with one answer. so i was wondering what the sikh state would look like. the khalsa was formed to rule n save the world essentially and i tried to discuss this in my lesson which started a debate. i was arguing that our state would be one which instead of capitalism and money at its core would have spirituality. i was arguing for a society simmilar to platos philosopher king, with guru granth sahib ji mahraj at the top and the punj pyare as like the prime ministers. i argued that this state would be better than any other state because it places the enphsis on something internal (Dasam duar) rather than materalistic things like money, the athiests said that this would be a society which favorited the religious and we wouldnt be modernisng and going forward but going backwards, and that the spiritual people at the top (punj pyare) would become corrupt. but i said hat sikhi was different coz its an enclusive religion and wouldnt have a problem with any other belief system or faith or would not contradict anyone. also our ideology is to serve the world, we wouldnt be serving everyone by picking favorites but there were many pragmatic issues highligted to me with my conception of the sikh state

this was only my interpritation of the sikh state with my limited knowledge of sikhi thru bhai jigraj singh ji and russell brand lol, i came across alot of practical issues that wouldnt be work in a complex society like todays. i wanted to know some more eeducated descriptions of how a sikh state would look as were proberbly gonna continue this debate in tomorows lesson lol

thanks

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh

Nobody has a clue about how khalistan would be run. You should use the debates to learn wat is lacking in our vision n wat we haven't thought of yet. Cynthia Mahmoud who interviewed lots of khalistanis and kharkoos tried to get them to give an idea but they all thought we can figure it out after we have khalistan.she even asked them wat if like the Jews who everyone thought deserved a state n were very peaceful are turning isreal into a tyrannical state with human rights violations, wat if khalistan becomes like that? But the kharkoos just said, it'll still be better than India. U shud contact Gurmit Singh Aulukh who is head of council of khalistan.

The only ppl i know who talk about the governing is bhai jugraj Singh and people from SikhRi.

Would there be a punishment for changing religion from Sikhism to another religion?

Would the government be made exclusively of Sikhs or would you allow other faiths into positions of power?

Apologies but I'm just curious to know.

in terms of religion, i doubt there would be any punishment, if guru gobind singh ji mahraj allowed the 40 singhs free in the anadpur seige with no punishment, what right would we have to punish thse who leave sikhi, it would be a state which encourges spirituality, bc u can find God in other religions no just sikhi, there wouldnt be punishment for anything trivial i believe unless u have taken amrit. i think kt would be simmilar to society now but people would be more satisfied with their lives because of naam, right now, not many people even know we have a dasam duar. if this knowledge is spread peoples lifestyles will change and opinions i f religion etc will change

- no. Refer to 40 muktay (40 apostates) and Guru Gobind Singh for a perfect example of apostasy.

- no. Refer to above. There is no punishment in Sikhi for apostates.

- refer to the Khalsa Raj under Maharaja Ranjit Singh. Muslims christians and hindus held high ranking positions in the court of the sikh emperor. Such a kingdom would be our precedent.

- no. Under certain circumstances, divorce may be permissable, i.e. when all means of correction have failed. A matter for the Panj Pyare to decide on.

- Sikhi is against abortion, so yes. Though under some circumstances, perhaps it may be permissable. Again, a matter for the Panj Pyare to decide on.

- would it be allowed? In terms of legality? Im assuming homosexual marriage would not be allowed... though im completely for equal rights, something every sikh should stand for, I just dont see homosexual marriage being a legal thing. What someone does in their own home/life is their business.

Not OP, but here's my opinion...

IIRC, the gurus were very lenient with that sort of thing.

No, see 40 Mukte

I personally think Sikhs should have a mostly secular state,(maybe panj piyare in a supreme court?) just one primarily run by Sikhs, like Israel.

No, as it's mostly a personal decision

It would at the least have many restriction if not straight up illegal.

I don't see the reason for government interference in any marriage, gay or straight, so probably not.

DISCLAIMER: not an expert on Sikhism