Exchange Student With A Sikh Family

Guest Hellios

On 6/16/2015 at 8:14 AM, Guest Hellios said:

Hi Everyone

I just want to let everyone know that Jamie has decided to come home since he is homesick and will be back in Canada in July. Anyway Jamie told me of a very unusual encounter last weekend when he was visiting City Square Mall in Jammu; he met a group of 8 Sikh teenage boys hanging out at fastfood restaurant and one of them was a gora who was wearing a patka like the other 7 teens. That gora teen who Jamie told me was named Bhavjeet Singh told Jamie that he came to India with his younger 3 year old half brother when he was 10 years old after his mother and stepfather who was of Punjabi Sikh background died in a car accident. Apparently, Bhavjeet's Stepfather's brother got custody of Bhavjeet's younger half-brother and Bhavjeet Singh himself because there were no-one on his mother's side of the family who could take him in and Bhavjeet Singh never knew his biological father as he was the product of a one night stand. Anyway to cut this story short, Jamie told me that Bhavjeet Singh told him that the events that led him to becoming a Sikh started when after a fight with his Stepfather's brother's 10 year old son, he quietly walked into the boy's bedroom with scissors that while he was sleeping and started cutting the boy's kesh. Apparently after cutting a few hairs the boy woke up and screamed which caused his father and mother to burst into the room. Bhavjeet Singh stated that his Stepfather's brother told him because of his actions his son will have to be baptised again and as punishment for cutting his son's hair, Bhavjeet will be baptised with his son. Jamie told me he asked Bhavjeet if he liked being a Sikh and the was "Yes". Bhavheet told Jamie that he loves being a Sikh and is very comfortable wearing his long hair tied in a patka.

11 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

@Premi5

Do you think this is the same kid from SA years ago? 

Must be!

I was trying to find this when I saw the other thread about the orphanage. 

This thread is one of the most strange but interesting threads I have read here, shame we don't know what happened after

1 hour ago, Premi5 said:

'Detective' @GurjantGnosticmight know ....?

35 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Hmm. We would need social media and been verified or some other background check application. Only other thought is google bits from the narrative to see if the story has been told before. 

29 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Google is an initial swing and a miss. Public records searching, maybe throw the results into an ancestry page for more info. 

Maybe he just wants to be left alone now?

I have to say, from  what I know of kids coming up in this background, he'd probably remember his time with the Sikh family as a little golden period in his life.  Getting a break from a dysfunctional norm is the best thing that could have happened to him. It'd give him a perspective outside of a dysfunctional norm. Let him know and experience other ways of existence.  

He'd be a young adult now - 20 years old. Waheguru protect him on his journey.