Muslim Getting Married In Shepherds Bush Gurdwara This Friday

TuhadaDaas

Careful how you speak about our sisters.

Punjabi atheist slag is no sister of mine understand?

I only respect for Sikh sisters who marry Sikh men as Guru Ji has instructed them to not atheist punjaban slags who sleep with every dog under the sun and try to disgrace the gurdwara by trying to marry a non-sikh in the presence of Guru sahiban.

I only respect for Sikh sisters who marry Sikh men as Guru Ji has instructed them to not atheist punjaban slags who sleep with every dog under the sun and try to disgrace the gurdwara by trying to marry a non-sikh in the presence of Guru sahiban.

Calm down bro.

ਨਾਨਕ ਫਿਕੈ ਬੋਲਿਐ ਤਨੁ ਮਨੁ ਫਿਕਾ ਹੋਇ ॥

Naanak Fikai Boliai Than Man Fikaa Hoe ||

O Nanak, speaking bitter words, the body and mind become bitter.

1. Yup, can't be hypocritical when it comes to something like this.

2. If we object to Sikh females marrying Muslims then we can't be silent when Sikh guys marry Muslim girls.

3. The argument is " Well the kids will be Sikh."

4. Lmao, have you seen the lily-livered state of Sikh males today? The phrase, "putting your foot down" is alien to most guys these days.

5. I won't hold my breath in anticipation of the kids of these marriages adhering to Sikh tenets.

6. Never say never, but the odds are stacked against such an occurrence.

Big fan of your posts Paji but in this instance, just wanted to put forward a slight counterpoint.

1 = There is no hypocrisy from us (as Sikhs) as Islam espouses the inferiority and maltreatment of women whereas Sikhi emphasises total gender equality and respect for women as basics. Thus it is clear to me why one way traffic in relation to this is not hypocritical.

2 = The so-called Muslim girls become Sikh upon bowing down before Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj and are in fact being libereated from one man's ideology which thought that wife beating, sexual enslavement, marital rape are all ok (in Islam).

3 = Exactly, that's what it's all about Paji. The exclusion method guarantees the demographic oblivion of Sikh Diaspora populations within a couple of generations. But via engagement and interaction with other Sangat, the Sikh population can flourish as opposed to declining.

4 = That's a thing for individual guys but a male who is made to realise what Sikhi stands for would want the same for his children. I think one of the key ways to do this is by making sure Sikh children are involved in mandatory voluntary seva for the wider community as once they get it about "Sarbat da Bhala" (the welfare of all humanity) they would understand how vital it is that Sikhi flourishes as the more Sikhs, the more we can do collectively to make the world a better place.

5+6 = Agree with why you feel that but via the current method proposed by some (exclusion and alienation of the couple) it guarantees that they and their children and consequent future generations cut all links from Sikhi completely resulting in a smaller and smaller Sikh Diaspora population year after year. The other viewpoint as seen in the heyday of the Singh Sabha era resulted in rapid growth of the Sikh community. So you would often have two erstwhile non-Sikhs being blessed with Anand Karaj and consequently becoming Sikhs themselves (for anyone that bows down before Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj is a Sikh by puratan definition) and raising their kids as Sikhs as well with the interaction, love and engagement from the Sangat being critical to the whole process. My family were non-Sikhs until the 20th century and I'm Sikh today as a consequence of the far sighted thinking that Giani Ditt Singh Ji initiated through the Singh Sabha movement. When I hear about Gurdwara lockouts and alienation of couples where the spouse is from a non-Muslim background I find it very upsetting that we are not accepting reality (and thinking of how best to deal with it for the Panth's positive benefit now and in the future) but retreat to a position which actually will result in the obvious decrease of our population in years to come. To me it's a no-brainer.

@DTF - Salient points, brother, without a doubt. I'm just a bit cynical. I hope I'm proven wrong. It's too easy to get drawn into a negative state of mind when it comes to these issues I suppose. It's just that not many, if anybody, seems to be bucking these trends. In fact things seems to be getting progressively worse on all fronts.

@MisterSingh, i hear you Paji.

I think your point about things getting progressively worse year after year is exactly what it's all about. As the same applies in relation to the problems of alcohol, drugs, infanticide, illiteracy, biraderi, cancer and poverty as all those social indices have worsened since 1984. So we can either throw in the towel or we can look at every single problem as an opportunity to make the Sikh Panth stronger going forward.

So more and more people marry those of other backgrounds which is inevitable for a 1% minority. So instead of alienation and digging our own demographic grave we should look at that as an opportunity that with the right interaction and engagement with the couple from Sangat and their local Gurdwara we can build a bigger, stronger and more diverse Sikh Panth going forwards in the future and realising the importance of Sikh population numbers by looking for every reason to include people in the Panth rather than to exclude them (as our opponents want us to do). This also has huge relevance in the importance of defining sehajdhari's of non-Punjabi (and now commonly called HP) backgrounds who bow down before Maharaj as in fact being Sikhs as they were prior to 1950 (for example Kabirpanthi's, Sanatani's and Jatavs as easy examples numbering close to 70million "Sikhs" that the Nehru-Gandhi Empire cleverly got defined away as non-Sikhs in 1950 due to their sehajdhari background ... as our opponents feared what a 100million strong Sikh Panth population could achieve for equality in society and an end to their corruption).

Sikhi is Universal and an unopposable Truth as everything stands up to scrutiny.

So the answers are straight there.

Alcohol - we need to make it uncool in Punjabi culture, restrict the sale of it, increase alcohol detox centres and stop all the new outlets. Badal Dal won't do that with Majithia's hand in the distribution so come 2017 AAP might end it.

Drugs - We need a Khalsa Fauj on the border stopping drugs coming in from Pakistan and also vigilante forces in every village to prevent the wholesale proliferation of drugs. If people have no meaning or motivation in their life (junkies) there is so much seva they can be directed towards in order to change their perspective a little. We won't succeed in every case but we can do our best.

Infanticide is a self-inflicted Genocide that is far worse than occasional outbreaks of Beadbi (which is a ruse by our opponents so that we take our eyes off the real problems that urgently need addressing). We are all too ready to fight each other at the drop of a hat so why can't we easily unite to put the abortion clinics out of business (vigilante style).

Biraderi and apartheid run Gurdwara's are a no brainer. We should have only one single united Gurdwara in every pind and locality in India and the West. United we stand and divided we fall. Prior to the 2021 census we need to make this a reality (otherwise Sikhs could fall below 50% in Punjab) and we in the West need to lead the way by attacking biraderi discrimination and matrimonial apartheid if we genuinely want to see United Sangat Gurdwara's everywhere.

Illiteracy, cancer and poverty are social problems that primarily need our Sangat money poured in to in order to make a difference. The more schools, hospitals and social programs we can voluntarily create the stronger the Panth will be.

So instead of worrying about how much gold we are going to adorn on some domed roof or how many millions we are going to extravagantly spend on new buildings we need to direct a greater proportion of the funds towards education of children. Sikhi comes from the heart rather than based upon how flash some building is.

To that effect I would encourage anybody who agrees to support and other organisations making a real difference:

http://barusahib.org/

DTF well stated.

I have been thinking in donating to Barusahib for a short while. You have made up my mind in my need to donate.

I ask WaheGuru where else can I donate to make a real difference my question has been answered.

I don't tend to donate to Gurdwaras as such monies just ends up in bigger buildings for smaller & smaller congregations.

There is a gurdwara in Southall carrying out Anand Kharaj to a Sikh boy to his Muslim girlfriend this month Saturday May 24th.

I had bought this to the attention of our Sanagt earlier last month which sparked an interesting debate. It surprised me the amount of private messages I received telling me that I was old fashioned and to "be in line with todays trend". I for obvious reason quite openly object to this and am finding it a very sad state of affairs that our gurdwaras have allowed this to happen.

I am still hoping with me are others who can turn these gurdwaras to see sense rather than the money

Tell em would they say that to Akali Phoola Singh's face when he punished Maharaj RanjIt Singh. Sikhs need to toughen up we are so soft these days.

I agree. Almost invariably, there excuse to not marry a Sikh boy would be 'they are not any intelligent/respectful Sikh boys'.