Muslim Getting Married In Shepherds Bush Gurdwara This Friday

TuhadaDaas

Have the gurdwara committee lost their minds? Never mind the girls familiy they must be mentally ill for allowing a non-sikh to even groom their daughter is deeply shameful.

The only union a gurdwara committee should encourage is between Sikh men and muslim women (who convert to sikhi). Otherwise these morons are only aiding the decline of our religion population while increasing the dark satanic abrahamic religion of islam gain a bigger foothold in the country.

Is this the couple in question? I had this sent to me yesterday.

cant even say beauty and the beast they both look like beasts lol

Why are punjabi atheist slag and their non-sikh pimps hoodwinking our gurdwara committee's into mocking our faith like this, its outrageous.

Well whats ironic is, all their lives, apney have obsessions with bein light skinned, n marryin only marryin light skinned ppl, then this sort of drama comes up. U cudnt make it up, i tell u.

Fact is tho, sikhs shud marry whoever they want in regards to ethnicity, but they must convert to sikh dharam n MUST have sikh kids, no matter what colour they will be. This is jus anotha nasal/generation gone! To think guru ji gave up his family to ensure the panth lives on.....and then apney slap him in the face by not only marryin out of dharam, but that too infront of his face in a sham ceremony.

Exactly. The ethnicity isn't an issue. It's getting married and then living according to Sikhi that's the key. Well it's not even just about marriage; It's about conducting yourself in a way that gels with Sikh values. But even naturalised Punjabis fail on this front, so what chance anyone else?

In my darker, quieter moments I sometimes wonder whether Muslims have the right idea when it comes to things. The whole sword of Damocles hanging over the head of their people when it comes to towing the line on these issues. Our lot have no sharam or fear to keep them in line. Spiritually, I know it's a complete dead end and I guess you could say it's completely antithetical to the spirit of the path our Gurus established. But when you look at our people, our declining numbers, I'm not sure whether something drastic should be done. However, I think we're 30 years too late for such action to be taken. In this climate of intense scrutiny, of almost maddeningly heightened political correctness, and the general arrogance and over confidence of our people in the West, it would be like swimming against the tide trying to change things. Things should've been nipped in the bud at the beginning. Instead we allowed matters to escalate. Well this is what we'll receive... and more.

Your foremothers were raped by the tyrant Mughals and forcibly converted to Islam.

D = Poodna, I might be wrong but it seemed a sincere post to me, argued from a Gurbani perspective. If Uzi was a Muslim i'm sure he would challenged me on the blatant facts I presented about Islam and the logical reasons why Sikh women cannot marrying practising Muslim males who consider them as inferior sex slaves.

They don't have to choose Sri Anand Karaj, why doesn't the girl just do nikaah instead if she will marry a muslim anyways..! Beside's, her parents will get money out of it since muslims do ulta-dehej /sarcasm

D = Preeet who's to say that the guy is a Muslim? My reading of it is that the guy is clearly a West Indian (who merely has an Arab slave name for a first name but that should not be held against him if he has clearly accepted Sikhi by bowing down before Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj). Do we want the couple's children to be an active part of the Sikh Panth and feeling part of the Gurdwara community that their parents married in or do you want their future generations driven away from Sikhi so that the Sikh population becomes smaller year by year?

1. a sikh shpuld marry a sikh.

2. In fact you should tell muslim parents to let their daugters choose what they want to do, I garuntee you a lot will come and marry out of their faith if they had free will. I know a lot of paki girls like sikh guys from experience, shame its their parents who really hold the hate.

D = Point 1 is fine in theory mrggg123 but we have to recognise that Sikhs are 1.7% minority in India and 1% minority in Canada and the UK where we are next most populous. So we need to realise that those with two Sikh parents won't always marry others whose both parents are also Sikh. The key is how do we engage such couples to grow their bonds with and understanding of Sikhi and ensure that the children of such marriages feel and believe themselves to be 100% Sikh. That way our population can flourish in the Diaspora. The route you are advocating will lead to demographic oblivion for the Sikh community in the Diaspora within a couple of generations.

D = Agreed, there is no restriction on Sikh guys marrying women whose parents are Muslims. If a Pakistani girl marries in a Gurdwara bowing down before Maharaj she is from that point onwards a Sikh. It's only our community that comes up with the ludicrous claim (contrary to Gurmat) that a Sikh man cannot marry a woman from a certain erstwhile family background. One community says convert others by deception for financial reward. The other says that even if the girl is willing to marry in a Gurdwara and bow down before Maharaj and raise her children as Sikhs enjoying full gender equality in marriage ... that this is somehow wrong. It's obvious to me which community will succeed if we don't discard the urban myth relating to Maharajah Ranjit Singh. He was punished for sexual relations outside of marriage with a Muslim woman (as there is simply nothing wrong with a Sikh man marrying a woman of Muslim parentage). Don't forget that Bhai Mardana Ji was the first Sikh and Muslim girls are desperate to escape the male tyranny and gender inferiority they suffer in Islam and enjoy the gender equality that only Sikhi provides.

1. Is it just a co-incidence that you're saying the exact same things that a sikh girl who married a Muslim man says to other Sikhs, in order to justify her decision ? i.e "You're all a bunch of barbarians that why YOUR women prefer us"

2. One of the very basic principles of Sikhi, as laid down by our Guru, is that a Sikh can NOT marry a muslim.

Now, perhaps you and the muppet DTF that posted after you and decided your message was "A very good post overall" and the one above me 'mrggg123' who decided your message was "A very good statement" can analyse and digest that basic principle for a while with the latter two also analysing why and how they are so easy to trick and manipulate. :nono:

D = 1. Jagsaw, i might be wrong but I don't think Uzi is a Muslim. My personal thinking is that if we take off the blinkers far more women born to Muslim parents would prefer to marry Sikh men than vice versa as Sikhi is the only faith that enshrines gender equality and unlike Islam does not permit wife beating, having a harem of four wives, marital rape, sexual enslavement etc, etc

D = 2. Do you logically think that Guru Sahib would say to Sikhs that 20% of the female population of the world are off limits to Sikh men? And that even if the girl in question is willing to marry in a Gurdwara, bow down before Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Ji Maharaj (thereby accepting Sikhi by that very action) and raise her children as Sikhs that there is anything wrong with that? What are you going to say to me and other posters like sukhi077 who are descendents of erstwhile Muslim raised women? According to your definitions, presumably I should not be a Sikh today had your likes stopped Anand Karaj's that took place during the Singh Sabha era when the population of the Sikh Panth grew fast.

shes buttaz lol

D = Is that a comment that any Sikh guy should make about someone else's daughter or sister? How would you feel is someone said that about your daughter? I hope you will have the decency to retract it?

1. He's definately not Somalian, as was claimed.

2. The one good point then, is that at least we don't have to worry too much about their future childrens' futures. They'll always have a career to fall back on.....as extras in monster horror/zombie movies.

D = 1. Agreed, he's clearly a West Indian non-Muslim who had the misfortune of being given an Arab slave first name.

D = 2. You might try to claim you were joking but the racism inherent in your denigration of the couple is all too transparent. How would you like it if someone made that comment about your own children?

Anyways not like sikh guys not getting girls lol I heard loads of apneh saying same fing that they had enuf of sikh girls now

D = Exactly, Sikh guys are not restricted from any woman on the planet so long as the children from such unions are raised as Sikhs.

The only union a gurdwara committee should encourage is between Sikh men and muslim women (who convert to sikhi). Otherwise these morons are only aiding the decline of our religion population

D = cool water I agree that there is nothing wrong with Sikh guys marrying women of Muslim parentage and that instead of being frowned upon as a taboo it should be encouraged like it was during the Singh Sabha era when the Sikh population rose rapidly. However, one thing we have to remember is that excluding mixed couples (where the spouse is not a Muslim man - for the reasons outlined in my initial post on the topic) is a recipe from guaranteed population decline amongst Sikhs as year after year future generations of future Sikhs will be cut off from the Sikh Panth. Our focus in all such marriages should be to ensure that the children of such marriages fully feel themselves to be 100% Sikhs. That will only happen through love, support and interaction from Sangat rather than alienation meaning that such couples cut all links of them and their children and future generations away from Sikhi permanently.

Why are punjabi atheist slag and their non-sikh pimps hoodwinking our gurdwara committee's into mocking our faith like this, its outrageous.

D = I'm disgusted by what you say above. Why would any West Indian man who would easily see the truth in Sikhi if only we bothered to explain it with humility and love (with Sikhi's total opposition to the slavery of black Africans that those like Prophet Muhammad famously practiced) reading your comments be encouraged to learn more about Sikhi? If a West Indian man is willing to marry in a Gurdwara, bow down before Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj and raise his children as Sikhs we should embrace him as a new member of the Sikh Panth. I give the girl in question respect for not being a racist and that we should build upon the fact that Sikhi is the only faith which emphasises that "manas ki jaat sabhe ek hi pehchan bo" ("recognise the whole human race as one" - Dhan Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj)

Fact is tho, sikhs shud marry whoever they want in regards to ethnicity

D = Well said StarStriker Ji and you're 100% correct that the key thing is ensuring the children and future generations of such marriages are part of the Sikh Panth.

Careful how you speak about our sisters.

You might try to claim you were joking but the racism inherent in your denigration of the couple is all too transparent. How would you like it if someone made that comment about your own children?

But if I was ugly and my wife was ugly it would be totally reasonable and logical for some others to suggest my children might end up as circus freaks. However, it just so happens that we're both very good looking. Especially me.

So, having seen the photo of both the bride and groom, the odds of them having supermodel type children are very slim indeed.