ਸ੍ਰੀਗੁਰੂਗ੍ਰੰਥਸਾਹਿਬਜੀ - ਲੜੀਵਾਰਸੈਂਚੀਆਂ

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾ॥ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਿਹ॥

ਸ੍ਰੀਗੁਰੂਗ੍ਰੰਥਸਾਹਿਬਜੀ - ਲੜੀਵਾਰਸੈਂਚੀਆਂ (SriGuruGranthSahibJi - LarivaarSainchiyan)

Larivaar is where Gurbani is written in continuous form as shown above (ie. with no breaks in between the words of Gurbani). This form of writing was used by the Guru Ji's and other historical Sikhs.

DiscoverSikhism.com is making online Larivaar Sainchiyan available for the Sangat to use. We hope the Sainchiyan will benefit all those wanting to learn and use Larivaar Gurbani as Guru Ji’s intended.
In keeping maximum Satkar, we have kept the Gurbani ang’s with no other writing/ logos on the screen. A useful mouse hover feature shows the Padd-Chhed (broken word) which will aid learning and practice.

Any feedback or help with proof reading would be much appreciated.

Benti, if you want to debate the use of padd-chhed saroops (which began just over 100 years ago) please start another thread.
  • Like 2

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕਾਖਾਲਸਾ॥ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਿਹ॥

This is really good seva you are doing which will make it easier for people to read Larivaar. May Guru Jee bless you for this.

Khalsa Ji, Thank you.

Your comment inspired us to do more and so we have also made Larivaar Ardas, Nitnem and Sukhmani Sahib available.

http://www.discoversikhism.com/larivaar/gurbani.html

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• I think we both are leading to the same conclusion, just worded and expressed differently. I don't necessarily agree with the fact that there is any particular pattern to women ending up with partners who treat them badly (i.e. fame, money, good looking etc.), sure, it's a factor but not all the time. In a lot of relationships things become about control, when that escalates it can sometimes become abusive, for men a lot of the time it's about controlling the narrative the wife believes, if he's having an affair or up to no good he will control the narrative so his wife is only party to things that he want's her to see and hear, even places he want's her to go, in the case of Juggy D his wife found out and it all escalated but then she knew about his old habits anyway and chose to believe he changed.    
    • I have no knowledge of this but interwebs so far says... PARAS BHAG is an adaptation into Sadh Bhakha, in Gurmukhi script, of Abu Hamid Muhammad al Ghazzali`s Kimid iSa`ddat, an abridged edition in Urdu of his Ihyd ul Ulum, in Arabic. The work was first published in 1876. Several of the manuscript copies prior to that date are still in circulation. An edition in Devanagari script was brought out in 1929. The question as to who adapted the work into Bhakha and when has not been fully resolved. According to one tradition, the version in Gurmukhi characters was prepared towards the close of the seventeenth century at Anandpur by Sayyid Badr ud Din of Sadhaura at the instance of Guru Gobind Singh (1666-1708).   According to another, it was translated a little before the middle of the eighteenth century by a Sevapanthi sainteither Bhai Addan Shah or Bhai Garu. The book is held in great veneration by Sevapanthi Sikhs who recite it up to this day in their deras or monasteries. The work originally written in the eleventh century was meant for the edification of the Muslims laying down for them moral and social injunctions. These stipulations represent a mixture of Islamic, Sufi and Vedantic principles and thus have a wide appeal. The main stress is on loving devotion to God and on right conduct. D.S.  
    • dasvandh of our swaas is a very good idea ji have you seen one of bhai jagraj singh BoS's last videos on every nitnem bani having a friend to go along with it
    • I was wondering if it is okay for me to recite the full anand sahib within rehraas sahib?
    • 1Anonymous1 so bhai sahib, you agree with the nihang singh side of this? we are lucky enough to have some singhs in dals still alive from the 30s and 40s and 50s if not those times, so research and preservation of the dal's side of the history is atiant jaruri. I feel like this event is central to the broad traditionalist vs. reformist schism throughout history which has been as llight as mutual respect between Akali Phula Singh ji and Maharaja Ranjit Singh, and as raging as singh sabha movements of Amritsar and Lahore, to the eroded history between Baba Binod Singh/tat khalsa and Baba Banda Singh bahadur to date with missionaries and puratan dals/sampardayi with sgpc in the middle  this part of history is confusing, cuz it would villainize either the Babbar Akalis or the diminish the honour of Shrimoni Akali Panth Buddha Dal and I certainly do not want to open old wounds of bad blood   

Important Information

Terms of Use