sat sri akal to all ,

this is my first topic here, though i was silent reader of this forum for the past 2 yrs.

i have seen many muslims (pakistanis to be precise) saying things like sikhs killed many muslims, raped women and did a hell lot of bad things to the muslims during partition. They spread a lot of hate against us on social networking sites , blaming us for the partition violence . I know we did attack them , but was our retaliation that extreme?

most of the sikhs simply keep mum on this issue and don't reply them back.

i want to know our sangat's view on this.

I know we did attack them , but was our retaliation that extreme?

Our retaliation was very extreme. 2 and half times more Muslims than Sikhs were killed during partition in Punjab. To put it another way, as terrible and gruesome our suffering in lives was during partition, and it really was mind-blowingly terrible, we would have to go through the same thing once more and then another half one again before we reach the number of Punjabi muslim dead. Thats pause for thought.

sat sri akal to all ,

this is my first topic here, though i was silent reader of this forum for the past 2 yrs.

i have seen many muslims (pakistanis to be precise) saying things like sikhs killed many muslims, raped women and did a hell lot of bad things to the muslims during partition. They spread a lot of hate against us on social networking sites , blaming us for the partition violence . I know we did attack them , but was our retaliation that extreme?

most of the sikhs simply keep mum on this issue and don't reply them back.

i want to know our sangat's view on this.

Read this for a better understanding of this issue:

http://voiceofdharma.org/books/mla/

Well basically inderpreet, they (muslims) started the violence, mainly in places like amritsar, gurdaspur, rawalpindi etc. The police for example, were majority sikh/muslim, more so muslim, so wen it came to mob violence, the muslims were very well equipped, as the muslims in panjab police would openly help muslim mobs. This all happened in 1946, btw, 1yr before partition. Muslim league (jinnah) and the scummy ahmediyas spread incredible anti-kuffar propaganda in yrs prior to partition. Sikhs started retaliating in killing muslims, from say feb/march 47'-aug/sept. Sikhs/hindus leavin w.panjab were moving east early as 46', n were tellin e.panjabi sikhs, of how muslims were genociding apnay, and also train full of dead/raped sikhs/hindus were comin to amritsar/ambala. So then it became very visual, of wat the sullehh had done to apnay. Then apnay in e.panjab, started making gangs, of armed bandits, whom started murdering muslim in their MASSES! When i mean masses, i mean masses. Not only were these killings of muslims revenge acts, but also we had to remove all muslims from e.panjab so that we were the majority % in each area. W.panjab was always majority muslim undisputedly, though lahore was kinda even in %. Amritsar, jalandar even were majority muslim, so to lose these places was unthinkable to us.

By the end of 47, we got 40% of panjab, 60% lost to pakistan. Also it took 1 whole yr for muslims to kill 300k sikhs, it took sikhs jus 5months or so to kill 500k muslim. Cud u imagine, wat would of happened, if we started at same time as they started kill our lot? My grandad and great grandad took part in these events, n i for 1, am very proud. We showed as a community, again, wen we r physically in adversity, wat response we can give the enemy. Rape, forced conversions, forces prostitution, mass killings, killings of own women to save honour, happened on both sides, even tho apnay try to deny this, n try to play the sympathy/victim card. Also has to be noted, jinnah thought the hindus wudnt fight back (he was right), and thought sikhs wudnt fight back, sayin we lost r warrior heritage. Afta killin 500k muslims, and startin the violence, jinnah complained to the UN of sikhs killin his ppl. Unbelievable!

Muslims could of campaigned peacefully for a seperate country, but they chose this disgustin way, n we showed em, that with sikhs, 'panga isnt changa'!

What happened during partition was a tragedy. Since elderly people on both sides of the border who witnessed the mass slaughter are still alive, so this slaughter still seems fresh. Crimes were committed on both sides which resulted in a lot of suffering. It is not good to dwell in the past and open old wounds. Punjabis on both sides should move forward. The need of the hour is for the Sikh nation to have good and friendly relations with Pakistan whether the rulers of Delhi likes it or not.

Today when Sikh Yatris go to Pakistan, they are received warmly and treated with respect by Pakistanis. Many times when the relations between Delhi and Islamabad are not good due to some kind of border stand off, the Delhi rulers put pressure on their Chamcha Badal to make sure Sikhs also boycott Pakistan by not going on a pilgrimage to Pakistan. But each time Panthic Sikh leaders like Sardar Simranjit Singh Mann leads Jathas and many Jathas from the west also do Yatra to show Delhi rulers that the Sikh nation's relationship with the rulers of Pakistan is independent of Delhi. I wish SGPC was independent of Badal and GOI, so this organisation could have diplomatic relationship with nations around the world much like the Vatican.

Today when Sikh Yatris go to Pakistan, they are received warmly and treated with respect by Pakistanis.

Well you know why don't you Johnny Paji? For the economic revenue that brings the Pakistani's from naive Sikhs.

Instead of wasting money on pilgrimages (as opposed by Gurbani and Guru Sahib) we should instead use the money wasted on these pilgrimages to Pakistan and Hindutva hotbeds like snow-covered Uttarakhand to first focus on bigger issues like attacking the alcohol, drugs, infanticide, biraderi, illiteracy, cancer, poverty and conversion problems afflicting east Punjab in Majha, Malwa and Doaba.

When Khalsa Raj is over Sri Nankana Sahib in the future ... khule darshan ohda vi ho sakde ne Bhai Sahib.