Sign in to follow this  
wahegurubhagatsingh

Cutting Kesh Against My Will

I don't want to intrude too much but you mentioned your family are Christian, are they practising (go to church every Sunday etc.) and if so, what denomination (Protestant, Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox etc.), the reason i ask is that this can make a difference to how they perceive other religions and how they feel if one of their children want to go to another faith.

As far as your hair goes, it's not the end of the world if you don't keep your kesh just yet, Sikhism is a journey (as are most religions) and you can't force anyone to accept that journey, give it time, as you get older your parents will hopefully realise that this isn't just a phase your going through, if you have any support networks at your school it may be worth talking to them, I've no idea what part of the US your from but if you have any Sikh's in your area it may be worth talking to them, maybe go to a Gurdwara when you get a chance.

I'm a parent myself and can understand your parent's feelings, they maybe afraid or just don't want to know, they have a routine in their lives and any break from that is something they may not be able to cope with, the more religious they are the more difficult it may be for them to accept, but like i've already said, your on a journey, as long as you come out of it a better person no one can take that away from you.

What he means is are you black, white, brown, Chinese etc

Oh sorry...I'm white.

I don't want to intrude too much but you mentioned your family are Christian, are they practising (go to church every Sunday etc.) and if so, what denomination (Protestant, Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox etc.), the reason i ask is that this can make a difference to how they perceive other religions and how they feel if one of their children want to go to another faith.

They are of the UCC (United Chuch of Christ) from a Congrgational Church of Protestant Christianity.

Yeah they do. I was talking to them about this like a week ago and they said "You're only twelve and we know you IDENTIFY AS A SIKH but you can't have kesh". They think I'm still a Christian. But whatever. One day they'll realize, whether it be this life or not.

I've shown them about Sikhi but I really feel like they were only half listening.

Yeah, I recently felt attached to my hair and one time I cried after a haircut. Yeah Waheguru will do kirpaa for me eventually and what a great day that will be.

The Khalsa Panth is awakening. Dhan Dhan Sri Vaheguru that you have blessed my foolish Sikh to begin to walk on the path, no matter how far many home is.

You re,ain in cherdhi kala too!

Wjkk wjkf!

It can be hard for a parent. Your parents are Christian, I don't know how religious they are, but they might think that Chrisitanity is the only way that is right. As long as you feel Sikhi is best way for you, then it doesn't matter what other people think.

You are at a young age, at this age we do go through phases. So, they might assume that you are just exploring and will lose interest. I'm not saying that you will lose interest, you may be at peace with Sikhi and find that it helps you to realise Waheguru. But your parents might assume that you will grow out of it.

You are already walking the Gurus path, you seem to be growing in your Sikhi already. I guess the best thing you can do to show your parents how much Sikhi means to you, is to put it into practice. Start helping out with charities, work to fight your 5 thieves, contemplate upon Waheguru.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• A Sikh raaj that all but collapsed as soon as Ranjit Singh drew his last breath due to incompetence, greed and unintelligence of Sikhs. A Sikh raaj that was more concerned about inclusivity of Musleh and Hindus than prioritising Sikh interests and Sikh personnel. Rather than investing in disloyal non-Sikh mercenaries, where was the drive to recruit Sikh individuals who could be moulded using the Sikh identity as a binding force? Talk about low Sikh numbers, then where was the parchaar? Why build mosques and mandirs? Weree there not any in the rest of India? Muslims and Hindus had their empires, yet when we finally fought and won ours, we were more concerned with virtue signalling and placating these hyenas pretending to be our friends. Treachery and deception played its part, but even those issues could've been mitigated by a ruthless and Sikh-prioritising leadership. The Dogras and the Sikh spies reporting to the British were not a great mystery even at the time. A Night of Long Kirpans (Google it but replace Kirpan with Knives) might have meant a Sikh empire that was still around today. Blame the British and the rest, quite rightly at times, but the burden of the betrayal falls on us. 
    • Logic being that when we had our Sikh raj society was much fairer no one went hungry when maharajah ranjit singh passed poor people it is said he gave away something to keep the people looked after. Sikh raj where all people was treated equally no religious community got to oppress the other, and there was equality of opportunity in his government and army too. Look at the capitalist societies today there is incredible wealth at the top 1% and incredible poverty at the bottom 99% of the pyramid. When we had muslims ruled over punjab we saw non-muslims were treated as 3rd class citizens and brutally oppressed same as christian british rule they racially oppressed the natives. And what do we have in present day punjab? its the elites all banding together keeping their chairs safe against the interests of the people they claim to represent. So we have the badals and captain amrinder singhs who are related by marriages. They pretend to be Sikhs, they appear to be sikhs but wWhat have they done for Sikhs and Sikhi? zero contribution really.......they have let the british and indian establishment drain the wealth of punjab dry. Why do they allow it? because they are leaders and puppets of the same corrupt regimes thats responsible for oppression sikhs and sikhi. The British establishment covers for the genocidal crimes of the indian establishment. Why? because the "elites" of these establishments have hoarded away the wealth stolen from our nations and communities so naturally like a den of thieves they look out for each other against the people they stole off from.
    • Yh i go through his page sometimes, some really interesting stuff 
    • 1st week i started skipping my legs hurt so much afterwards i couldn't go up the stairs! i actually went up and down sitting on the stairs lol   but now 4 weeks in i can skip 40 mins and still can go on longer.   i feels really good under the sun  sweaty and everything lol    t shirt gets drenched though which is annoying, i would skip with my top off but i have a very conservative shy sri lankan woman living nxt door and our wall is low and it would just be really awkward   shes really shy of me anyway.     it feels good doing it under the sun with the heat   

Important Information

Terms of Use