Kaur Warrior

Bundha

GrGYzcR.jpg

Drew this picture, waddya think guys ?

My honest opinion ?

I don't like it.

Now, let me tell you why. With your hand cover everything from the bridge of her nose downwards. With just the eyebrows visible it is clear that you would never have drawn a 'Singh' with such thin and shaped eyebrows. From your drawing.....and from looking at the eyebrows alone....it is clear that, subconsciously, your drawing thought process has been influenced by western ideals of female sexuality. I suggest you go back to the drawing board and try again.

Clearly then,judging by the comments, we are all fake 'Sikhs'.

On the one hand, we have thread after thread in which 'supposed Sikhs' argue passionately about how going against Guru's will must never be tolerated.

And then, one of these themselves draws a supposed Sikh woman based on the western ideals of female sexuality with thin and shaped eyebrows and the other supposed Sikhs congratulate him for it. :stupidme:

Clearly then, going against Guru's will can and will be tolerated.

Ah well, I suppose we'll just have to wait for the next thread for some of you to revert back to type and say how going against Sikhi principles should lead to beatings and death because nothing.....absolutely nothing....must come in the way of how a man likes to see a woman with thinly trimmed and shaped eyebrows. We are reasonable people. We will tolerate a lot of things. But we will never....I said NEVER...tolerate a woman with natural bushy eyebrows. We draw (no pun intended) the line at that. We just won't stand for that nonsense. :nono:

My honest opinion ?

I don't like it.

Now, let me tell you why. With your hand cover everything from the bridge of her nose downwards. With just the eyebrows visible it is clear that you would never have drawn a 'Singh' with such thin and shaped eyebrows. From your drawing.....and from looking at the eyebrows alone....it is clear that, subconsciously, your drawing thought process has been influenced by western ideals of female sexuality. I suggest you go back to the drawing board and try again.

Subconscious western ideals of female sexuality??

You have quite the attentive eye bro. I saw determination, did not even see eyebrows. Are you sure they are not your own “western” subconscious ideals?

You have some point somewhere in there and I commend you for going beyond superficial and being honest. But dig a layer deeper yet and you'll find another layer of honesty. One that is to be applied to appreciation and communication when someone is brave enough to share their art.

Cmon bro. I toss it your way cause it appears you're way smarter than most and I’m giving the artist some support for his/her obvious skills. Apart from this, you do have a point.

And “western sexuality” is some loaded words. I would not call it "western". That is just reverse orientalism. That’s not something that would not come from sikhs, but from a hindu fundamentalist who wants to blow up teddy bears on valentines.

What did you want him to do, highlight indian ideals of chest hugging suits rather than eyebrows? Somehow they are modest if brown women wear them? Lets just respect the dignity and power of eastern and western the same.

I know you meant it in a very different manner but to conjure the words “western sexuality” in reference to a woman as a slight is not a great choice when Indian men including majority of punjabis are self stimulated delusional b****ds in heat when it comes to their minds and the concept of “western sexuality”. Maybe I need to dig a layer deeper with my honesty, but I’ll take my chances. No different than you Jagsaw, which is why I admire your edge.

So bro please be more western and eastern, and kinder to artists, but continue to keep us honest and awake with your valid points.