Sardar Jokes

Anad

People are quick to take offense in recent years, and, yes, there is a stifling sense of political correctness that has pervaded everyday life, where some people, be they certain feminists or ethnics who are perhaps always on the look out for someone to castigate, and they shout the loudest about issues that are occasionally blown out of all proportion.

All these people are after is power. Make no mistake of that. I've met this hypocrites

However, there are many on the other side of the fence who shout about, "it's political correctness gone mad!" and the kind of thing you've said above, y'know, that kind of, "I want to air my dodgy views, but I don't really have the balls to say anything outright offensive, so I'll just keep simmering away on the sidelines here, coating my offensive opinions with a passive veneer of acceptability, and grumble about how society is full overly sensitive people." Maybe I'm doing you a disservice, in which case I apologise.

Who's simmering on the sides? I don;t see that at all. Huh??

You say you're a Sikh, although you reject the need to keep the visual vestments of the faith, and that's your prerogative, but the fact that you feel little to no loyalty for an identity that you don't personally possess (or, I think, empathise as to the reasons behind why others of your ethnic / cultural background do have that particular identity), and yet there's no stirring of emotions or feelings of annoyance when certain groups of people go out of their way to offend and belittle Sikhs. You give people an inch and next time they'll take a mile. Now it's mocking sardars, then they'll graduate to making our Gurus the butt of jokes. But then I suppose you'll say, "There's lots of Jesus jokes, who cares?" A harsh word or two is needed. Don't go all Charlie Hebdo on their butt, but there's nothing wrong with putting someone with a loose tongue in their place.

Whoa! Who made you arbiter of what constitutes loyalty or no loyalty to the Sikh faith? Who elected you chief? My oh my, get off your throne buddy! LOL! How do you know if the majority of Sikhs actually agree with me and not you? You're just sore that not everybody agrees with you and your like minded 'homies' and now you're trying you claim you represent all of Sikhs out there. What a huge ego trip! Give it a rest. LOL!!!!!

Yes there are tonnes of Jesus jokes out there. Do you see Christians going berserk?

Innocent blood has been spilled throughout our history for us to have our identity. You may not think it's important or necessary, but others do. The Irish, the Native Americans, etc, are probably so brow-beaten and terrified of being labeled as being riddled with political correctness by those who share your opinions that they've given up trying to defend themselves from slurs, but the day Sikhs start taking sardar jokes on the chin, shrugging their shoulders and pretending it's no big deal will be a day we've lost all ankh and mettle as a collective.

Was the blood spilled because of bad jokes? OMG, enough with the drama bro. Where do you think I learnt my Irish jokes from? From my Irish friends! You're making a lot of assumption based on your extremely narrow view of the world. So Irish are just so 'brow beaten'. LOL! I find hard to believe you have white friends.

A thief would assume that everybody else is like him so usually a thief is the most suspicious of everybody else, hence the biggest locks. The same with you. You're judging the world based on what you believe to be reality and when reality does not fit your narrow view of the world, you conjure up an excuse ie 'brow beaten' in order to maintain that narrow view of the world.

Go to Compton in L.A. and walk up to a group of black guys and say, "I hear your kind are lazy criminals. How's that working out for you?" Somehow I don't reckon you'll want to hang around long enough to tell them they're over-sensitive PC wimps when they're chasing you, lol.

Why don't you go to Compton and tell them how you love them all. Conduct an experiment and see what happens. Then share with us your experience with us here. LOL!

The white man don't love you, boy! You'll always be the "other" to him. When you denigrate your own people or stand by silent as a mouse when he does it himself, he's losing respect for you by the second. He thinks your weak and cowardly when you refuse to speak up. That's no way to live. BTW, I've grown up with white people. My friends throughout my life have been white. The only people who've brought me pain and misery in my entire life are other Sikhs. I keep my distance from other Sikhs; I'm afraid I just don't get on with them, or have anything in common with the Panjabi mentality and approach to life, be they the hardcore pendu types or the white-washed westernised coconuts. That doesn't mean I hate my identity. I can separate the Sikhs from the Sikhi. What's right is right.

What makes you think I want to be 'accepted' by whites? That speaks volumes on your mental well being. Is that why you're so sore about Santa/Banta jokes? That white people don't invite you for their parties??? LOL!!!!! Get a life loser! LOL!!!!!!

I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe you have friends outside of your race. You sound like a 'peka pendu'. LOL!!!!!

Maybe we don't see eye to eye because of my upbringing. I grew up in a multiracial society and jokes about each other were part and parcel of growing up.

Anyway here is a Russell Peters comedy on Punjabi's. He's a Canadian Indian and you'll see in the crowd, usually the majority, are Punjabis. You guys are way too sensitive.

The underlying assumption that is present in every single 'sardar joke' is that sardars...i,e all Sikhs....are very unintelligent people. Dim witted people. People with the brains of a child. Simpletons only slightly more intelligent than inpatients in a lunatic asylum. Although, lets remember that the Indians (Hindus) like to cover all angles on that last one because if needed, they can and do easily manipulate the 'joke' slightly to make the sardar (Sikh) an actual lunatic (the 12 o'clock joke).

Now, can you explain to us all why you keep on posting videos of comedians making harmless jokes that do in no way deliberately set out to target and spread hate about a certain religion and its adherents ?

You're showing yourself to be a first class muppet Quantivius. If I were you I'd stop and re-think things a bit.

I touched a nerve. I'm a "pendu", "loser" and a liar, etc. Yet I was nothing but cordial in my original post. Fair enough. I know where I'm coming from, but you refuse to concede there may be another side of the argument, even if you've never personally had experience of it.

I suppose I'm a liar because it annoys you that someone like me can have a white social circle growing up, but still not have my head firmly stuck in their collective behinds that I'm afraid of calling them out when they're wrong.

Grow a spine, my friend. You'll feel much better for it, I promise you.

There is nothing 'cordial' about challenging someones loyalty and calling them a mouse my dear friend.

I find it very hard to believe you have friends outside your own type but most likely I'm wrong. You can usually immedeatly tell those people who don't hang out with different races. They're usually very close minded and the most sensitive. You need to find ways to be more secure with yourself and stop being the village <banned word filter activated>. Perhaps some self help group? Motivation classes? Prayers?

IMHO the ability to laugh at oneself is a sign of a confident and secure person. I do realize that there is a difference between jokes and making fun but I Santa Banta jokes harmless. Whats the big deal. You're way too sensitive. It's no wonder we are made fun of because of this very 'pendu like' behavior. Stop 'talibanizing' Sikhism and Punjabis. Deal with your insecurities. You'll feel better, I promise you. :p

The underlying assumption that is present in every single 'sardar joke' is that sardars...i,e all Sikhs....are very unintelligent people. Dim witted people. People with the brains of a child. Simpletons only slightly more intelligent than inpatients in a lunatic asylum. Although, lets remember that the Indians (Hindus) like to cover all angles on that last one because if needed, they can and do easily manipulate the 'joke' slightly to make the sardar (Sikh) an actual lunatic (the 12 o'clock joke).

Now, can you explain to us all why you keep on posting videos of comedians making harmless jokes that do in no way deliberately set out to target and spread hate about a certain religion and its adherents ?

You're showing yourself to be a first class muppet Quantivius. If I were you I'd stop and re-think things a bit.

Did you see the ones on Chinese people? How about the Latinos and Blacks? Do you see the Chinese going berserk like you? Seriously, you're beginning to show signs of someone with an IQ equivalent to a bag of chips.