I Think I Have Ocd And I Need The Sangats Advice

Guest help

Guest help

Waheguru Ji Ka Khasla

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I think I have OCD, and its making doing path very hard.

I get intrusive thoughts, that I can't control. I get thoughts of saying bad stuff to the Guru, Saheeds and sants. I get thoughts of me doing beadbi.

When I do ardaas every time I say the Gurus name at the beginning of Ardaas, my mind says bad stuff about the Gurus.

I was my hands a lot, and now because of excess washing my skin is getting damaged. I feel like if i touch my head with my hands then im disrespecting my Kesh. I wash my hands a lot before touching the Gutka Sahib Ji.

I also wash my hands a lot because my family eats meat and drinks alcohol, and I feel like Im going against Guru Ji if i don't wash them after touching stuff in the kitchen.

I waste time before doing path, because I need to wash my hands, and I wash them in the bathroom, but in the morning my family is having showers. I want to use the taps downstairs but thats where they wash dishes of meat and alcohol, is it ok if use this ?

My main problem is I can't do path properly.

Most of the time, I feel like I haven't pronounced Guru bani right, so I resay that tuk again but this happens a lot, now I don't feel that peace. Its getting very hard recite Japji Sahib.

And I worry if todays bani will go well.

I don't want to really see my GP about this, as they won't know about Sikhi and how hard it is for me. So I wanted the Sangat to be my doctor and guide me.

I know i sound foolish and stupid, but its hard for me with these thoughts. It happens every where I go. If for example something on these news comes about people doing really bad stuff, I get thoughts of me doing it. I dont want to hurt anyone.

Bul chuk mafee

How to pull out of hopeless situations?

ਸਿਰੀਰਾਗੁ ਮਹਲਾ 5 ॥
ਜਾ ਕਉ ਮੁਸਕਲੁ ਅਤਿ ਬਣੈ ਢੋਈ ਕੋਇ ਨ ਦੇਇ ॥
ਲਾਗੂ ਹੋਏ ਦੁਸਮਨਾ ਸਾਕ ਭਿ ਭਜਿ ਖਲੇ ॥
ਸਭੋ ਭਜੈ ਆਸਰਾ ਚੁਕੈ ਸਭੁ ਅਸਰਾਉ ॥
ਚਿਤਿ ਆਵੈ ਓਸੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਲਗੈ ਨ ਤਤੀ ਵਾਉ ॥1॥
ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਨਿਤਾਣਿਆ ਕਾ ਤਾਣੁ ॥
ਆਇ ਨ ਜਾਈ ਥਿਰੁ ਸਦਾ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦੀ ਸਚੁ ਜਾਣੁ ॥1॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਜੇ ਕੋ ਹੋਵੈ ਦੁਬਲਾ ਨੰਗ ਭੁਖ ਕੀ ਪੀਰ ॥
ਦਮੜਾ ਪਲੈ ਨਾ ਪਵੈ ਨਾ ਕੋ ਦੇਵੈ ਧੀਰ ॥
ਸੁਆਰਥੁ ਸੁਆਉ ਨ ਕੋ ਕਰੇ ਨਾ ਕਿਛੁ ਹੋਵੈ ਕਾਜੁ ॥
ਚਿਤਿ ਆਵੈ ਓਸੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਤਾ ਨਿਹਚਲੁ ਹੋਵੈ ਰਾਜੁ ॥2॥
ਜਾ ਕਉ ਚਿੰਤਾ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਦੇਹੀ ਵਿਆਪੈ ਰੋਗੁ ॥
ਗ੍ਰਿਸਤਿ ਕੁਟੰਬਿ ਪਲੇਟਿਆ ਕਦੇ ਹਰਖੁ ਕਦੇ ਸੋਗੁ ॥
ਗਉਣੁ ਕਰੇ ਚਹੁ ਕੁੰਟ ਕਾ ਘੜੀ ਨ ਬੈਸਣੁ ਸੋਇ ॥
ਚਿਤਿ ਆਵੈ ਓਸੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਤਨੁ ਮਨੁ ਸੀਤਲੁ ਹੋਇ ॥3॥
ਕਾਮਿ ਕਰੋਧਿ ਮੋਹਿ ਵਸਿ ਕੀਆ ਕਿਰਪਨ ਲੋਭਿ ਪਿਆਰੁ ॥
ਚਾਰੇ ਕਿਲਵਿਖ ਉਨਿ ਅਘ ਕੀਏ ਹੋਆ ਅਸੁਰ ਸੰਘਾਰੁ ॥
ਪੋਥੀ ਗੀਤ ਕਵਿਤ ਕਿਛੁ ਕਦੇ ਨ ਕਰਨਿ ਧਰਿਆ ॥
ਚਿਤਿ ਆਵੈ ਓਸੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਤਾ ਨਿਮਖ ਸਿਮਰਤ ਤਰਿਆ ॥4॥

Guru Sahib in his great and sweet Gurbani gives four worst case scenarios to show how powerful Naam is. The miserable conditions mentioned in this shabad apply to all of us. At some point in life we all encounter these problems to some extent. Guru Sahib writes the worse case scenarios:

1) If someone gets entangled in a grave problem and finds out that there is no one to help. If friends and relatives become enemies and eschew one to suffer alone. If all other means and support vanishes and one has no one to look at. If in such distressful condition one remembers the merciful Vaheguru (through the true Naam of course), then even hot air cannot touch one. Note that Guru Sahib states that from such situation one gets so well protected that even hot air cannot touch one. So powerful is Naam.

2) This scenario is about poverty. If one gets hit by poverty and so severe is the attack that one gets greatly weakened out of starvation; if one does not have any clothes to even cover one’s body; If one does not have even one cent (damRa) and no one even offers words of comfort, let alone giving money; If no one helps out in any way and if through providence, none of one’s works or tasks get done; If in such distressful, pitiful and hopeless condition one remembers Vaheguru, one becomes a king in no time. Again from a beggar to a King is such a great distance and it is possible to cover this distance in a moment's time. Guru Sahib can do anything he pleases (or what his bhagats please).

3) Third worse case scenario is if one gets severely diseased. Guru Sahib says that if one gets greatly worried and is stressed out because of diseases on body; because of the diseases one’s family may also be suffering and always stays stuck in short-lived happiness and sorrows; if one gets so distressed with this pain that one wanders in four directions to get cured and healed and does not get comfort for even one minute;if in such pitiful condition one remembers Vaheguru, one’s body gets free of diseases and one feels the warmth of Vaheguru’s Naam. Dhan hai Satguru Sachay Paatshah.

4) Fourth is about one leading a very sinful life and suffering the consequences of it; if one is possessed by Kaam, Krodh, Lobh, greediness, worldly attachments etc; if one is guilty of doing all four cardinal sins and if one is fully worthy of getting the death of a demon; one who does not spend any time doing any religious or pious work; if such person remembers Vaheguru through his true Naam, in one second he becomes free of all his problems and sins.

Guru Sahib states that Sahib Vaheguru is the power-provider to the weak. He is forever stable and is recognised through the true word that is obtained from the true Guru.

We all have been hit with problems and I can tell from personal experience that many times I have been caught off-guard and I totally failed in the tests of Vaheguru. Then Vaheguru himself has been giving me strength to fight back through the weapons of Naam and Gurbani. I have learned this lesson so many times that if we remember him and obey his hukams in good times, then we don’t have to see bad times but we always fail our realizations.

If only we Sikhs could realise that we are sitting on a huge treasure. Like a snake that guards the treasure but never uses it, we guard Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee Maharaaj but are failing to take full advantage of the scientific truths stated in Satgur jee. May Guru Sahib enable us to become his true Sikhs and follow his rehit and take full advantage of what has been already offered to us by Satguru jee.

The second half of this article to be posted soon.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh (GurmatBibek.Com)

• 10 months later...

Bhai sahib ji, sareer mitti da hai jo jaldi mitti ban jana hai, theek hai har roz safayi kro ishnaan kro te path karn lai sucham rakho, par bahut jiada wari hath dhon naalo simran jiada krya kro

Raat nu soun time, lambe pe ke, eyes neech ke, bina lips move kitte eh mehsus krya kro ke mere poore sareer vich simran ho reha hai, waves jehia flow kr rehiya han, naal d naal mool mantar ja waheguru , jo vi tusi practice krde ho, ohnu mehsus krya kro

Since your hand washing is linked to your feeling of jhooth, mental path or listening to audio until you are stronger mentally would help. It will guve you confidence in pronunciation too. Moreover you will not need sqeeky clean hands for the above. You really need to focus your concentration on the shabad bani or mool mantra so that you beng gets saturated and other negative thoughts get weeded out. It takes time for naam to take root and then your mind will be able to focus on more positive thoughts.

Hello

Ocd is a problem with mind not you , they are not just thoughts it feels like we did it and we are guilty for thinking such about babaji and no matter how much paath u do . It will not improve unless u do something about it

I suggest u to go to psychologist, they will tell u about the problem and how to cure and manage them .

Bhai sahib ji, sareer mitti da hai jo jaldi mitti ban jana hai, theek hai har roz safayi kro ishnaan kro te path karn lai sucham rakho, par bahut jiada wari hath dhon naalo simran jiada krya kro

Raat nu soun time, lambe pe ke, eyes neech ke, bina lips move kitte eh mehsus krya kro ke mere poore sareer vich simran ho reha hai, waves jehia flow kr rehiya han, naal d naal mool mantar ja waheguru , jo vi tusi practice krde ho, ohnu mehsus krya kro

Can I make a humble request, unless you're planning to write one or two words in Punjabi English, better to write in just plain English or find a way to post only in Punjabi Font. This will make it much easier to understand and quicker to read :-)

Cognitive Behavioural therapy is a possible route to help with this.

Hey Kira Paji, first post hey ?

Yes CBT is good, when one is going through a stressful time, the methods do help. Like Dally Paji suggested get a referral from the doctor.

That's the first step you have to take, now that you realised you have this problem, don't be afraid to get the help, that's what they are there for.

That's a very inspiring story Paji.

" nd i dnt know how sant ji blessed him "

That's because Waheguru graced it. A Sant (being the messenger) will only advise what is Waheguru's Hukam, this through this Sant ji God conveyed their message and graced your brother.

Waheguru's Hukam one cannot understand, as to who and when they will grace, the power is in Gurbani and Waheguru's Hukam.

Waheguru ji ??