Fear Of Sleeping, Bad Dreams, Paranormal & Gods Name

MrSikh

Guest Satnaam

This used to happen to me most nights, from childhood. I'm now in my late 20's.

I was so traumatised that I used to leave my lights on, was too afraid to go to sleep etc. just a few examples of things that used to happen to me- I used to regularly see tall demons in black hooded cloaks, I used to feel like they wanted to kill me, used to get levitated, wake up with demons next to me, sitting on me etc, hear loud knocking on my wall that used to follow me when I used to move house, be regularly harassed by certain demons and ghost's.

But at a young age, I would picture Guru Nanak Dev Jis face in white light- no one told me to do this, I just felt it was the right thing to do, and I would instantly feel better. Growing up, I would say Satnaam and smile and white light would pour down from above enveloping the hooded beings etc.

Abd so all this dukhi of being harassed pushed me to detach and go towards God and so I've taken it all as a blessing and as karma-remember that pain is the remedy.

I have now been sleeping without fear, I do naam simian from 12:30-1am daily for at least 2.5 hours, the most powerful time 2 Do it, and although I see a lot of spirits during the day, I know they can't harm me, they're just energies- as we are. Remember that even demons, even ghost's are just gid himself dressed up. We are here to discover Truth/God in Everything. Be Nirvair and recognise him in the demons and laugh. And now to his Darsham, try and bow to the clown if u see him again and laugh and say God I recognise u that it's just u.

Vibrate at the Truth frequency, live and be Gurbani- ur pain is a blessing,detach from it with Truth.

• 2 years later...
On 29/5/2015 at 1:16 PM, MrSikh said:

Hi to everyone in the Sikh Sangat community! I wasn't sure where to post this question, but I chose to post in this forum because I think the views of this community are the most closely matched to my own.

I've never been a particularly fearful or scared person, but around 3 months ago I had an experience that changed all that. That day I was at the lowest point in my life, I felt as though nothing I was doing in life was working, no matter how hard I tried things were ending up a failure, this has been going on for the past 3 years with regard to my finances, ever since my old business collapsed, any new venture I tried ended up not working or failing again from circumstances beyond my control. In fact failure has happened so much these past 3 years that I decided it better not to bother doing anything than risk further failure and heartbreak in recent times. That day I was particularly low for some reason, I’ve always been the type to see the positive in everything, but i don't know what changed that day, I was moping around feeling sorry for myself, didn't have the energy to lift up my hand and had little desire to speak to anyone.

That night, I went to sleep and when I awoke, I saw in front of me a small clown holding a knife chanting something at me (sounded very evil). I tried to get up and punch the entity, but I was pinned to my bed, so couldn't get up or even scream. Scared as heck, I repeated in my mind "Waheguru, Waheguru, Waheguru". After around 5 seconds of repeating this in my mind, the entity vanished, and where it was I saw my chair instead. After this I felt cold shivers going up and down my spine and inside my head. After that day I decided I’d never allow myself to get that low again for fear of attracting the wrong type of energy into my life, but since then I’ve been afraid to sleep, and to be able to sleep I’ve been putting on Kirtan every night on repeat before i go to sleep. I've not seen the entity again, but the fear remains, and I’ve been having bad dreams, during the day time in the light I feel fine, but when it turns dark I'm scared that something is going to appear behind me, especially when brushing my teeth before bed, or while i'm trying to sleep, I fear that something will appear next to me. I've always been heavily into meditation but now i can't go as deep into meditation anymore because I’m fearful when I feel "vibrations in my body" or when my 3rd eye opens... something I used to welcome before this experience.

What's even more strange is that I’ve never been scared of clowns before (I know some people have this fear), I’m still not afraid of clowns, but I fear the unknown more than ever before. Anyway I recently (over the past 2 months) came in contact with a tantric healer. I wasn't looking for him, he came into my life through family by happen-chance. He works with good spirits and has been helping my family get rid of negative energy and dispel "Jaadu Tona" via Hindu mantras. Though he apparently can only heal females, and to heal males he must work through my sisters. But he told me something that actually made me more fearful than before, he said that some spirits are so powerful that even saying the lord’s name cannot stop them from coming. This goes against my beliefs, because I’ve always thought that God's name can stop anything that means to harm you or drain your energy from coming into your life. Though I’m torn right now, I wouldn't believe this normally, but I remember what happened to my Grandma in India once. They had a spirit in their house who was trying to scare them, my Grandma is heavily into prayers, way more than my family and I. She has taken amrit and lives by the Sikh principles, a spirit was trying to scare her while she was doing her prayers, she said to the spirit "go away, you have no power over me" and was saying the lords name to drive it away, but the spirit caught her tongue and twisted it so she couldn't say the lords name anymore. Not only does this scare me, but I’m also pretty disappointed if it's true that the lord’s name hasn't enough power to drive away these lowly spirits.

I'm not even sure what I’m asking you guys, maybe I’m just trying to get something off my chest, maybe I want someone to reassure me (for what little it's worth). I just feel that Life on this planet is stupid, makes no sense and I hope that I’m never reborn on this crappy planet ever again.

From your post above, I can tell you simply just 2 points:

1) first is your own experience about the repetition of the most powerful "Shabad" in the whole triloki creation, that is Wahiguru.

Keep it repeating as much as you can, at all times, this will brighten up, the Jot of Wahiguru within you, any bad spirit will not dare come near you.

2) Until you reach that stage of devotion, you may keep switched on a small room lamp, so that your room is not in complete darkness.

God bless you.

Sat Sree Akal.

Guest Gupt-bhai

I read your post, you don't need to worry brother. When you are scared or in any trouble, go to Guru Granth Sahib ji and do ardas that hey waheguru I tried all my methods, i tried everything but all failed, I am very desperate now Please do help me, I need your blessings.....say this not in mind but verbally as you are saying this to Dasam Pita ji.

I do this all the time and it worked for me.

and i never had any experience as u have but if i am in any trouble anywhere anytime, I close my eyes,  imagine myself sitting in the samgat, with folded hands and infront of me Dasam Pita ji sitting on a big chair, with kalgi and sword and I feel this----- and all my fear go away in seconds.

the only main point is shardha trust, All of Guru jis bani is aimed to have firm trust in God.

regarding what u said, that some spirits r so powerful that waheguru name can't stop them- this is again your own trust brother, there is nothing that waheguru can't do

Guest Anonymous

When you were pinned down, I believe it is sleep paralysis. Search it up, it's a little scary but I've had it loads of times and the first time was the worst but the last one I had was a couple of months ago and to be honest, I wasn't scared. I chose to ignore what games my mind played with me. I started becoming more positive with the life around me, I became closer to God by choosing to go Gurdwara more often and telling him the low's in my life and I would feel clean minded and free! Enough about me, I just believe it is due to your inner energy and power that drives these things. I hope you get well and life does always turn around! I wish you are the happiest you can be today. 

• 6 months later...
Guest GurSikhi fixed us

There is energy. The good one and the bad one. And its not easy to stick and have faith in good one in this so called digital world. And I don't want to talk about bad one. Actually I had been very confused with what's good and what's bad. What's the definition?

Although not deviating from the topic. I got into beliefs (I always believed in energies and the strong will powers of great men/women stated in history but now in a directional way), when my lil bro had some negativity around him and we were not able to understand him at all. He so far have gone through 2 heart operations, the things lessened but not got away. He didn't mention any such experience of seeing some bad spirit but he used to feel out of his own control and his heart beat used to go very very high.

We got in touch with a Gursikh babaji and without any say he identified my brother seeks help. And this happened again and again(in a usual visit to Mandir, a sadhu passing by home).

Now, it was like we needed some help. My mom is a great lady not saying just because she is my mom. She is a kind soft heart but very strong person and a firm believer in Guru Sahib. She and more Gur Sikhs along with Shaheed Singhs helped him to gain faith and get a direction.

My brother is good now. He is Amrit dhari, does regular path, ardaas, seva..

He had almost 5yrs through this. But his willingness, belief and faith for Guru Sahib got him back more strong.

Just would say don't ever shy talking to people about what you feel, with the strong will, almighty's grace and right audience (go to Gurudwara daily and spend at least 5mins doing Simran).

Get into a routine where it doesn't feel like taking out time to meet Guru Sahib, it becomes a routine like bread and butter.

This is not limited to and you  would feel more involved and evolved once you self start spending time and greeting  your own version of shukranas to Guru Sahib

Start

Morning first thought in mind - kirpa kiti tussi sachhe paadshah, Mehar hoe, waheguru ji ka Khalsa waheguru ji ki Fateh.

listening to shabads.(my brother feels more strength in mind and physically after having started Chaupai Sahib)

doing Shukran(be thankful for everything). 

Ardaas

Kirtan Sohela(before sleep)

There's alot of ups and downs we had and everybody has but the faith and hope is all that we need to get it all.

Mehar hoe. Sarbat Da khalsa.

Sheedhan Da shukraana.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa waheguru ji ki Fateh?

On 5/29/2015 at 5:16 AM, MrSikh said:

That night, I went to sleep and when I awoke, I saw in front of me a small clown holding a knife chanting something at me (sounded very evil). I tried to get up and punch the entity, but I was pinned to my bed, so couldn't get up or even scream. Scared as heck, I repeated in my mind "Waheguru, Waheguru, Waheguru". After around 5 seconds of repeating this in my mind, the entity vanished, and where it was I saw my chair instead.

The clown seems to me a symbol of fear and your sense of being powerless to defeat it, whether you feel it was an emotion or actual entity.

Calling upon Vaheguru does make any entity powerless and overcome any emotion, as you found. 

The chair represents two possibilities to me, either don't let fear take you into inaction or let yourself rest and don't worry. You will have to feel which is true to you. 

I'm scared that something is going to appear behind me, especially when brushing my teeth before bed, or while i'm trying to sleep, I fear that something will appear next to me. I've always been heavily into meditation but now i can't go as deep into meditation anymore because I’m fearful when I feel "vibrations in my body" or when my 3rd eye opens... something I used to welcome before this experience

Fear is part of our growth. Something we overcome. Fear of the unknown is especially powerful in appearance, and ultimately fear is the fear of death. 

You have as much metaphysical power as anything else, more so in the physical realm, and especially in your own space. If something were to appear you are armed with the Naam and your own soul power. An appearance would be proof of spiritual power, that cuts both ways, that means you too have metaphysical powers and the playing field, especially with Naam, is in your favor. You are more than a match for any spirit. They fear you armed with the Naam and the confidence to use it. 

What's even more strange is that I’ve never been scared of clowns before (I know some people have this fear), I’m still not afraid of clowns, but I fear the unknown more than ever before. Anyway I recently (over the past 2 months) came in contact with a tantric healer. I wasn't looking for him, he came into my life through family by happen-chance. He works with good spirits and has been helping my family get rid of negative energy and dispel "Jaadu Tona" via Hindu mantras. Though he apparently can only heal females, and to heal males he must work through my sisters. But he told me something that actually made me more fearful than before, he said that some spirits are so powerful that even saying the lord’s name cannot stop them from coming. This goes against my beliefs, because I’ve always thought that God's name can stop anything that means to harm you or drain your energy from coming into your life. Though I’m torn right now, I wouldn't believe this normally, but I remember what happened to my Grandma in India once. They had a spirit in their house who was trying to scare them, my Grandma is heavily into prayers, way more than my family and I. She has taken amrit and lives by the Sikh principles, a spirit was trying to scare her while she was doing her prayers, she said to the spirit "go away, you have no power over me" and was saying the lords name to drive it away, but the spirit caught her tongue and twisted it so she couldn't say the lords name anymore. Not only does this scare me, but I’m also pretty disappointed if it's true that the lord’s name hasn't enough power to drive away these lowly spirits.

There is no spirit more powerful than Naam. This man is an opportunist and a pervert. Keep him away from you and especially keep him away from your female relatives, he's taking advantage of your fearful state. This man is a predator. He told you spirits are more powerful than Naam to control you and continue to exploit your family's vulnerability, and give himself false power. 

Your Grandmother either was frozen by adrenaline or in the presence of a great and benevolent spirit who's pressence made her human mind fearful. The only spirits that can't be dispelled by Naam are those ruled by benevolence sent by Vaheguru. 

I had a dream, I was with my Sensei. He took me into a fearful position near a cliff and I was able to overcome the fear. Each time I overcame the fear, the situation got worse and again I would have to overcome, and again the fear was worse. I stopped and said Sensei, everytime I overcome it gets harder and he said that's exactly the point until you have no fear left.

These hardships are a blessing, you will overcome, and Vaheguru has gifted you greatly with his Kirpa on your path to total freedom.

Jo bole so nihaal! Veer ji. 

Have no fear, you are on the path and through Vaheguru, victory is yours, the true victory, victory over self, victory over fear, victory over attachment. 

You are not alone. Vaheguru is with you, within you always and the Sangat is with you. 

Edit: You're welcome to pm me any time Veer Ji. We can talk about whatever. Nothing is too strange. 

Guest Kaur21
On 05/03/2018 at 3:25 AM, Guest GurSikhi fixed us said:

There is energy. The good one and the bad one. And its not easy to stick and have faith in good one in this so called digital world. And I don't want to talk about bad one. Actually I had been very confused with what's good and what's bad. What's the definition?

Although not deviating from the topic. I got into beliefs (I always believed in energies and the strong will powers of great men/women stated in history but now in a directional way), when my lil bro had some negativity around him and we were not able to understand him at all. He so far have gone through 2 heart operations, the things lessened but not got away. He didn't mention any such experience of seeing some bad spirit but he used to feel out of his own control and his heart beat used to go very very high.

We got in touch with a Gursikh babaji and without any say he identified my brother seeks help. And this happened again and again(in a usual visit to Mandir, a sadhu passing by home).

Now, it was like we needed some help. My mom is a great lady not saying just because she is my mom. She is a kind soft heart but very strong person and a firm believer in Guru Sahib. She and more Gur Sikhs along with Shaheed Singhs helped him to gain faith and get a direction.

My brother is good now. He is Amrit dhari, does regular path, ardaas, seva..

He had almost 5yrs through this. But his willingness, belief and faith for Guru Sahib got him back more strong.

Just would say don't ever shy talking to people about what you feel, with the strong will, almighty's grace and right audience (go to Gurudwara daily and spend at least 5mins doing Simran).

Get into a routine where it doesn't feel like taking out time to meet Guru Sahib, it becomes a routine like bread and butter.

This is not limited to and you  would feel more involved and evolved once you self start spending time and greeting  your own version of shukranas to Guru Sahib

Start

Morning first thought in mind - kirpa kiti tussi sachhe paadshah, Mehar hoe, waheguru ji ka Khalsa waheguru ji ki Fateh.

listening to shabads.(my brother feels more strength in mind and physically after having started Chaupai Sahib)

doing Shukran(be thankful for everything). 

Ardaas

Kirtan Sohela(before sleep)

There's alot of ups and downs we had and everybody has but the faith and hope is all that we need to get it all.

Mehar hoe. Sarbat Da khalsa.

Sheedhan Da shukraana.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa waheguru ji ki Fateh?

Kirpa hoe

Guest MrLynx

First of all it's perfectly normal to be depressed at times due to the hectic world we live in and the fact our senses are constantly overloaded with information.

I agree with others here: you must not listen to this pundit and do not let him influence the females in your family. The person sounds like a professional con artist!

When u are depressed or have anxiety it can become a downward spiral so you must try to think 3 or 4 positive thoughts for every 1 negative thought. This is very important in order to re-program the mind. 

Also if you constantly over-think before you sleep you can remain half awake whilst entering deep sleep & get caught between 2 worlds. This is the grey area where people have out of body experiences, sleep paralysis & see visions that can't be explained.

This is nothing to worry about so stay positive as this phase will not last & have faith in the teaching of our Gurus.

Good luck I hope our collective advice has helped.

Guest guest

my guess is you are hallucinating because of depression.  brush off the hallucinations.  its good to air your thoughts out loud with someone rational, then you yourself will realise how silly they are.  meanwhile try and work on the root cause of your depression.  you mentioned business problems.  share your fears with someone you trust and get some feedback on them.e.g. your business problems may not be as bad as you think.    

In the meanwhile, stay away from negative media (horror films etc)

God bless you.

• 4 months later...

Please pay attention to my experience. I had moved to a new place temporarily. After two days of moving, I had a very horrible dream of being in the room with an evil spirit. Chills ran down my spine. I started saying "Waheguru" repeatedly and then remembered that I have a Siri Sahib. The moment I touched Siri Sahib in the dream, the spirit disappeared  and I woke up.

The point I'm trying to iterate is that if you do Naam Simran with heart and beg the Guru for mercy, the Guru will always protect you. Also, I'm thankful to the Guru to have blessed me with Amrit. Before I took Amrit, I didn't have Siri Sahib with me in my dreams, but now I do. It is through the Guru's grace that I have got Siri Sahib. Remember this, Siri Sahib is a blessing by Guru Sahib and it not only protects you in this while you're awake, but comes with you into your dreams.

Have faith and remember Guru Sahib at all times.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh