Female, Amritdharee, Confused And In Need Of Great Help!

confused10

Guest SinghAbb

That is a good point.

However, wherever in bani it encourages dancing or talks about dancing as a good thing, it is always talking about the inner self, never the body.

I think that the bani that we are talking about is talking about dancing while doing bhagti. It says that dancing and doing bhagti together is wrong. So I personally don't think that that sakhi can be true, because that Singh would have been doing exactly what the pangti is saying. I wish I knew viakarn better. Then I could know for sure what bani is saying.

I also believe that any type of dancing is wrong. http://www.sikhanswers.com/modern-youth-issues/sikh-attitude-to-dancing/

Guru Sahib said: ਨਚਣੁਕੁਦਣੁਮਨਕਾਚਾਉ॥

That is another reason that I think that dancing isn't okay. All Gursikhs that I have spent time with have been against dancing. Pretty much all of them. There have been many very happy events in our history, but Sikhs never danced at these times, and neither did Guru Sahib tell Sikhs to dance then. So I highly doubt that any dancing is allowed. Instead there's lots of events where this happened: ਸਜਣਮਿਲੇਸਜਣਾਜਿਨਸਤਗੁਰਨਾਲਿਪਿਆਰੁ॥ ਮਿਲਿਪ੍ਰੀਤਮਤਿਨੀਧਿਆਇਆਸਚੈਪ੍ਰੇਮਿਪਿਆਰੁ॥

Read the rest of the Shabad, it's so nice http://searchgurbani.com/guru_granth_sahib/shabad/2216/line/2

What you are going thru is normal. After taking Amrit, most ppl are happy and their motivation and enthusiasm are boundless, and they keep good rehit. But after a time, all the motivation and enthusiasm and energy goes away and most ppl get into a slump. Where r mind tries to take us back, to make us fail. This is a hard stage. We have to keep going up and do more Seva simran and gurbani but if this is hard , u have to stand firm where u r and don't let ur self go down slippery slope. Also it is easy to follow sikh when it's easy and u want to but it's hard to follow it when you don't want to. Be strong.

I have a similar story: my dad always wanted to take Amrit but his family was against it. He finally got to take it when he got married. He also came to America then. At first everything was good and he kept his rehit but then he became discontented. All his friends went to Gurudwara and did paath but they weren't amritdhari so they went to parties and drank. My dad started thinking it's not fair they get to do all the good stuff and the fun stuff too. Why did I take Amrit I'm stuck. Then he went alone and cried and complained to guruji it's not fair why do the get every thing and I'm stuck.I have a boring life and it's all ur fault.I came to America and still I cant enjoy anything.what do,u have to give me? Nothing but restrictions. While he was crying, he said this. Then he says he felt the greatest thing ever, the best feeling. It was like he was on top of the world. He says he never questioned or strayed after that. And now all his family and extended family are amritdharis.

Just stick in there. U will get past it. As for feeling free go do other things, hang out and do rollar skating, ice skating, parks, carnivals Etc. places where putting ur hair down and putting makeup isn't needed to have fun unlike at parties.

What you are going thru is normal. After taking Amrit, most ppl are happy and their motivation and enthusiasm are boundless, and they keep good rehit. But after a time, all the motivation and enthusiasm and energy goes away and most ppl get into a slump. Where r mind tries to take us back, to make us fail. This is a hard stage. We have to keep going up and do more Seva simran and gurbani but if this is hard , u have to stand firm where u r and don't let ur self go down slippery slope. Also it is easy to follow sikh when it's easy and u want to but it's hard to follow it when you don't want to. Be strong.

I have a similar story: my dad always wanted to take Amrit but his family was against it. He finally got to take it when he got married. He also came to America then. At first everything was good and he kept his rehit but then he became discontented. All his friends went to Gurudwara and did paath but they weren't amritdhari so they went to parties and drank. My dad started thinking it's not fair they get to do all the good stuff and the fun stuff too. Why did I take Amrit I'm stuck. Then he went alone and cried and complained to guruji it's not fair why do the get every thing and I'm stuck.I have a boring life and it's all ur fault.I came to America and still I cant enjoy anything.what do,u have to give me? Nothing but restrictions. While he was crying, he said this. Then he says he felt the greatest thing ever, the best feeling. It was like he was on top of the world. He says he never questioned or strayed after that. And now all his family and extended family are amritdharis.

Just stick in there. U will get past it. As for feeling free go do other things, hang out and do rollar skating, ice skating, parks, carnivals Etc. places where putting ur hair down and putting makeup isn't needed to have fun unlike at parties.

Not2cool2argue lovely story of ur father.

Yup other activities one can do without the distractions. Are u ok confused 10? Hope ur feeling better.

wjkk wjkf everyone!

I can't be more happier whilst saying this that i'm so glad that i turned to the internet and more importantly this forum page for help.... I feel so much more better and guided after reading everyones views and advice, and from the bottom of my heart I honestly thank everyone who posted here for not judging me but treating me like their sister or daughter and guiding and advising me in the right way (this is something I've found very hard to find in the "real" world) so thank you....

Thank you for allowing me to see that what I am/was feeling and wanting was just a "weak" phase I am going through and yes! i have to keep strong- Mahraj is testing me.... when I am sitting an exam at uni and begin to find the paper hard, I don't run away from it, I find a way to tackle it and succeed, so why should this be any different? I knew from day one that going on this path, more than anything is going to be the most difficult challenge ever, but somewhere down the line, i think i forgot who am was... someone who was never afraid of challenges and someone who succeeded at every challenge... when you fall down, you have to get back up and try again and I thank you all for showing me my real self again... it really means a lot to me knowing that mahraj does have people out here to help people like me without judging us :) HARD OR EASY..... THE PATH THAT INVOLVES MAHRAJ AND ONLY HIM IS THE ONLY PATH I WANT TO BE ON ! :)

Thank you once again to everyone here for allowing me realise that and apologies to anyone I may have offended

wjkk wjkf :) x

puthar ji life is a journey. We are not given a manual of what todo. things happen on their own time. Your still very young and will have urges and wants, you want to live, taste, hear and try new things and spread your wings. If you decide to lessen your appearance , to wear makeup wear your hair out etc its your karma. I have never taken amrit however grew up the same as you went through uni wearing a desi dastar and beard left uni and after marriage suffered depresion i cut my beard and hair. Ive hit 40 and feel mature enough to keep it and practive sikhi better. I want it and have a thirst for it. Sometimes its karma When things dont go smoothly. Do what yiur heart says however do ardaas before hand for guru ji will guide you.

Guest up in the mountains

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

we are all in this together. there will be ups and downs.

sometimes things dont feel right

its hard

but dont be hard on yourself

its normal

its the time we are in now

just remember one thing

HOLD ON

your not a bad person

your a soul

souls are not bad

we have done things that can be considered bad

but your soul is beautiful