Favourite Bhangra Tracks.

eduardo

I like Bhangra so I will post a few of my favourite songs.

I am hoping others will join and educate me.

I like this guy, he won an MBE and met the Queen.

I think he has real style and I like to relax and listen to his Punjabi Bhangra beats.

Top man:

I like him because his style is quite slow and I can savour the language, fast Bhangra is too much for me at my level of understanding right now.

Others have been nice and in the process 9f being nice they compromised Sikhi teachings.

DO NOT POST THIS TRASH ANY WHERE ON THIS SITE. Go find yourself a punjabi forum and post whatever you like. This is a Sikhi forum where people come to learn about Sikhi not how to get a woman to dance with you. Do not take my words lightly and this is not a debate. On this very forum Bhangra has been proven wrong by Gurbani many times. Do not post this garbage here again.

Others have been nice and in the process 9f being nice they compromised Sikhi teachings.

DO NOT POST THIS TRASH ANY WHERE ON THIS SITE. Go find yourself a punjabi forum and post whatever you like. This is a Sikhi forum where people come to learn about Sikhi not how to get a woman to dance with you. Do not take my words lightly and this is not a debate. On this very forum Bhangra has been proven wrong by Gurbani many times. Do not post this garbage here again.

I was told I could, I was told I was free to.

Delete this thread and I will say no more on the subject of Bhangra.

Sincere apologies.

No, lets not delete this thread until one poster i am waiting for, has posted his shameful remarks. This man deserves a true tongue lashing for encouraging you promote garbage. Either he will come here by himself and face the tongue lashing or he will me named and shamed. If he comes with his head hanging in shame i will spare him the humiliation of his history on bhangra. Let's see what he does. I held off from posting because i thought he would stop without being called out. But he didn't and instead encouraged bad behavior.

You sound like the fiery, beating heart of any gathering or suaree. Lighten up.

Pretty much all music, television, radio and literature is copiously abundant with references to drugs, sex, violence and crime. Do you mean to tell me that you abhor each and every one of these forms of entertainment? Simply listening to and enjoying one of those songs will not topple someone into a moral wilderness unless they're unpardonably stupid.

I was told I could, I was told I was free to.

Delete this thread and I will say no more on the subject of Bhangra.

Sincere apologies.

I hope you don't mind my saying eduardo, but I'm curious how an anglo-saxon, christian (presumably) comes to be so interested in Punjabi culture.

On the subject of music however, I should point out that Bhangra isn't the traditional music of the Punjab. Bhangra dancing has existed for centuries, but the music only really came about in the latter half of the twentieth century. This is one example of how the traditional music of the Punjab sounds - This style is known as Dhadi, martial songs.

There is another style known as Kavishri, where men with high-pitched and resonant voices sing in acapella -

Guest Jacfsing2

No, lets not delete this thread until one poster i am waiting for, has posted his shameful remarks. This man deserves a true tongue lashing for encouraging you promote garbage. Either he will come here by himself and face the tongue lashing or he will me named and shamed. If he comes with his head hanging in shame i will spare him the humiliation of his history on bhangra. Let's see what he does. I held off from posting because i thought he would stop without being called out. But he didn't and instead encouraged bad behavior.

If you want a world like that you could move to Saudi Arabia, and I was the one who told him he could post his bhangra songs and videos on this thread, because he already posted it on a previous thread.

The number of western youth that have become adherents of sikhi.....via a route of being inclined towards 'punjabiness' which was itself through some medium of music is extremely high.........and I mean huge numbers, especially youth of late 80's and early 90's....that were straying to be more 'gora-fied'...had it not been for the huge UK bhangra scene.

The artists may well have given out some negative messages of drinking and flirting....but along with everything else, they still inspired many youngsters in positive ways by giving them some culture that they could be proud of.......

Seriously......have a look back into that age and see how many apney had first names like Steven,Simon,John,Sharon,Michael...etc.....The bhangra scene explosion was a major turning point not only in music, but many other aspects as well.

If music can help someone gain a stronger bond with punjabi language/culture/mother-tongue...........then this can be a bonus in helping towards gurmukhi and sikhi.

Don't worry Eduardo.....you are most welcome to continue showing us what inspires you towards 'punjabiness' and sikhi.

I would kindly ignore prejudiced comments being thrown at you.

Thanks.

The reason I am interested in Punjabi culture has a long answer and a short answer but I will give you the short answer for now.

I am working in a building made up of a large number of Punjabi people.

I figure I can spend my day at work just going about my business and not engaging with these people or I could really learn something here and explore a living culture

that I am surrounded by day in and day out.

Diversity is a wonderful thing as long as you approach it with the right attitude of mutual respect and a willingness to learn about the culture and history that you are surrounded by.

The long answer is a bit more personal and I don't really want to go into that right now but suffice to say what I have learnt so far I like.