India's Bid For A Permanent Seat In Security Council

YOYO29

Sat Sri Akal guyz
I am very concerned at Indian govt's bid to get a permanent seat at UN security council.I have question If India gets permanent seat at security council what would happen to Khalistan Cause ?? I think then It would be extremely possible to get Khalistan.
Plz share your opinions.

^^ The problem is bro that cuz India has a 1.3billion population they will get the security seat.

As the UK + France (as permanent security council members) only have about 60 million each population, so India have support from just about everybody except Pakistan (because all the USA, UK etc care about is cash money).

All these countries like USA, Russia, China, UK, France, Canada etc don't care about Sikhs + only care about money.

The best way that u as a Pakistani can help Sikhs is to fight + campaign for Pakistan splitting up into smaller countries.

As Pakistan is the glue that holds the rotten terrorist state called India together.

The minute Pakistan disintegrates and fragments then so will India once Pakistan has collapsed totally.

^^ The problem is bro that cuz India has a 1.3billion population they will get the security seat.

As the UK + France (as permanent security council members) only have about 60 million each population, so India have support from just about everybody except Pakistan (because all the USA, UK etc care about is cash money).

All these countries like USA, Russia, China, UK, France, Canada etc don't care about Sikhs + only care about money.

The best way that u as a Pakistani can help Sikhs is to fight + campaign for Pakistan splitting up into smaller countries.

As Pakistan is the glue that holds the rotten terrorist state called India together.

The minute Pakistan disintegrates and fragments then so will India once Pakistan has collapsed totally.

Thanks for reply

First of all let me make it clear we will try our best to keep Pakistan as one cuz we are not ready to accept Indian hegemony.See how India bully small neighboring states.We don't want to have same fate.

Secondly You are completely wrong at saying that Pakistan is the glue which hold India united.Well bro I would like to disagree with you.As per my knowledge India is united because of Hinduism.I know you will laugh at this but that's reality.Just have look at the map of India.Muslim majority areas succeeded from India.Even Muslims of valley are struggling to get freedom from India.And Sikh majority areas once tried to succeed from India but Indian army crushed the movement with an iron hand and now this movement is almost dead in Punjab.Now come to North East of India here Christian majority states are fighting for independence Tripura , Nagaland etc.

And lastly I would like to add that even If Pakistan disintegrate India would would continue as one Country cause then they will say that we have a bigger enemy CHINA.

By the way assi Veto Power dy bary gal kar rai saa'n

Yeah dont worry bro India can't look after its own problems let alone do hegemony over Pakistan.

So we still need brothers like you from Pakistani Punjab to campaign + fight for the disintegration of Pakistan.

As without Pakistan collapsing, a lot of people who want India to collapse will be forced to suffer for longer.

Nehru and Congress were very happy at Pakistan's creation.

As it got rid for them of Muslim populations that could have become a majority in unified India.

China won't invade smaller states after India's collapse as collectively they have 1.3billion population and obviously they would have protection from USA (as America can't afford for smaller states to be taken over by China and would push for a military alliance protection scheme for them).

What would China want with 1 billion people living in poverty anyway? Nothing!

Hinduism doesn't exist. There are just millions of fake gods that don't exist and different beliefs.

Permanent seat (veto power) impossible to stop as India have 20 times more population that the UK + France.

Only Pakistan is the glue holding India together. So long as Pakistan does not split up it's obvious India will continue.

If you truly care about Sikhs, you need to fight hard for Pakistan to collapse into smaller independent countries.

As the Arabs converted your ancestors original Punjabi names into Arab slave ones but now even your Punjabi language will soon be extinct in Pakistan, so that culturally u totally become Arab + Urdu-speaking slaves.

Yeah dont worry bro India can't look after its own problems let alone do hegemony over Pakistan.

So we still need brothers like you from Pakistani Punjab to campaign + fight for the disintegration of Pakistan.

As without Pakistan collapsing, a lot of people who want India to collapse will be forced to suffer for longer.

Nehru and Congress were very happy at Pakistan's creation.

As it got rid for them of Muslim populations that could have become a majority in unified India.

China won't invade smaller states after India's collapse as collectively they have 1.3billion population and obviously they would have protection from USA (as America can't afford for smaller states to be taken over by China and would push for a military alliance protection scheme for them).

What would China want with 1 billion people living in poverty anyway? Nothing!

Hinduism doesn't exist. There are just millions of fake gods that don't exist and different beliefs.

Permanent seat (veto power) impossible to stop as India have 20 times more population that the UK + France.

Only Pakistan is the glue holding India together. So long as Pakistan does not split up it's obvious India will continue.

If you truly care about Sikhs, you need to fight hard for Pakistan to collapse into smaller independent countries.

As the Arabs converted your ancestors original Punjabi names into Arab slave ones but now even your Punjabi language will soon be extinct in Pakistan, so that culturally u totally become Arab + Urdu-speaking slaves.

Well I would be very happy if India collaps and Khalistan is created BUT not at the cost of Pakistan.We Punjabi Muslims have got freedom for the first time in our history.Most of the time we had been under the rule of various Muslim and non Muslim dynasties.We had been ruled by Afghan and Mughals and later on Sikhs.So you can see no Punjabi Muslim will ever support the disintegration of Pakistan.
Frankly It is your mistake to assume that India won't collapse until Pakistan remains intact.Anti Pakistani sentiments are high only in Indian Punjab or Bihar or to some extent in Maharashtra.South Indians are not as much anti Pakistani as North Indians.Moreover I don't think an average man from North East or South India has ever heard of Pakistan or know where Pakistan is located on Map.
So Pakistan is not a real threat to India.China is India's real threat.Even if Pakistan disintegrate Indian defence budget will continue to grow which they will have a better equipped and large army to suppress any freedom movement.
Nehru was not happy at all he was agreed on the partition because he believed Pakistan won't survive and it will come back to India.He made this statement in 1958 or 1959 while giving interview to some western journalist I read this a year ago.You can search it.
Muslims had no chance of becoming a majority as were barely 25 % and do you really think that Hindu organisation like RSS would keep silence if Muslim try to become majority obviously they would star campaign among Hindus to have more children.
Moreover we wanted freedom both from British exploitation and from Hindu domination.
As Quaid said in one his speeches "One India in an impossible realization. It will inevitably mean that the Muslims will be transferred from the domination of British to the caste Hindu rule; a position that Muslims will never accept.
As an all Indian minority, we shall be under the permanent rule of the Hindu majority about 3:1 ratio which will virtually mean one nation ruling another .Such government with neither command respect nor acceptance and allegiance and such a government will be impossible. It can only function by force. It will never achieve willing support of hundreds of million Muslims."
And Not Just Arabs but Afghans,Turks and Mughals and some central asians from Uzbekistan also played a role to convert us.Arabs first converted Persians and Afghans and then Afghans played a leading role in spreading Islam in Punjab.
We have been listening this rhetoric since the last 68 years but guess what that's not going to happen Punjabi has survived without state patronage for thousands of years.And It will continue to survive.So you don't worry about our Punjabi.By the way thanks for showing some concern for our Punjabi.

And more importantly I think you must have been aware why we Pakistanis are so desperate to see Khalistan.I think by helping Sikhs we would be able to avenge the humiliation of 1971.And most importantly It will secure of most of densely populated areas in Punjab.A big part of W Punjab (including Lahore as creation of Khalistan would also improve the security of Lahore where 1/10 of Punjab's population lives) won't have a common border with India.
You know Cadets of Pakistan's military academy at Kakul are known to swear an oath that they will avenge the defeat of 1971.

So you know why we support Khalistan movement we are doing this in a hope to take revenge of Pakistan's defeat.So If there is no Pakistan or it disintegrate then for us it does not matter If India is going to be in two pieces or 30.

Sure bro i understand that u want Pakistan Zindabad

But the longer Pakistan does not collapse, the longer India survives.

U Punjabi Muslims think u got freedom but in fact u are losing your own language Punjabi which is being destroyed and eradicated in Pakistan in order to turn u into slaves of a Hindustani language (Urdu) spoken east of Delhi and not native to Pakistan.

Most of the Indian population are from northern Indian states + think of Pakistan as the glue that holds them together.

All south Indians would love for Pakistan to disintegrate as it will mean the collapse of rule from Delhi as a result.

Agreed Pakistan is not a real threat to India as Pakistan lost both wars badly but even China is no threat to 1.3billion people i don’t think as they don’t need to colonially rule India in order to make money from it which is what they are all about. Like Pakistan thinks of China as an ally. But the reality is that if Pakistan lifted a finger against China they could destroy Pakistan worse than Genghis Khan Ji destroyed the Muslims.

Nehru was lying. No intellectual can take serious the claim that he thought Pakistan would come back to India. He knew that Pakistan reduced the Muslim population of India from 25% to 12.5% overnight (making India controllable for him). Nowadays if u lump India, Pakistan + Bangladesh populations together, Hindu’s only account for 60%. So one day (without the creation of Pakistan) it was inevitable that Hindu’s would have fallen to a minority and Muslims would have been the majority population across all of India, Pakistan + Bangladesh. Luckily for the Hindu’s the Muslims will never rule India again as a result of partition. So even the RSS now realise it did them a favor in the long term.

True it wasn’t just Arabs that raped and murdered the Punjabi Muslims into accepting Islam and other qaums also raped+killed the Punjabi Muslim ancestors as is well recorded in history. Bro u as a proud Punjabi Muslim and those from certain castes like massali's or changar's might speak Punjabi but the majority of Punjabi Muslims do not have the legal right to even learn there own language and don’t even care as they consider the Hindustani language (Urdu) as superior. The Punjabi Muslims overall are still slaves. Just that your rulers now sit in Islamabad.

I mean which caste do you belong to and how many MP’s does your caste even have in Islamabad?

India will never invade Pakistan. India can’t even deal with its own pathetic mess let alone Pakistan.

India and Pakistan are just two criminal terrorist fascist states who are jointly co-operating to increase trade + business ties rather than go to actual war regardless of the oath they pretend to take of avenging Pakistan’s big defeat in 1971.

The only other way you can preserve Pakistan whilst dismembering India is if the majority of the Pakistani population left Islam over a generation. As an atheist republic of Pakistan would be seen as no real threat to newly independent smaller former Indian states. So if u won’t campaign for Pakistan to collapse the least u can do to help Sikhs is educate people in Pakistan to ditch Islam (not just the rich atheists who pretend to be Muslim to rule Pakistan).

Another thing u as a Pakistani can do is campaign to stop the supply of drugs by Pakistan into East Punjab affecting millions of Sikh lives as with Pakistani drugs flooding East Punjab it guarantees Delhi’s rule (which is why Delhi encourages Pakistani drugs into east Punjab).

Sure bro i understand that u want Pakistan Zindabad

But the longer Pakistan does not collapse, the longer India survives.

U Punjabi Muslims think u got freedom but in fact u are losing your own language Punjabi which is being destroyed and eradicated in Pakistan in order to turn u into slaves of a Hindustani language (Urdu) spoken east of Delhi and not native to Pakistan.

Most of the Indian population are from northern Indian states + think of Pakistan as the glue that holds them together.

All south Indians would love for Pakistan to disintegrate as it will mean the collapse of rule from Delhi as a result.

Agreed Pakistan is not a real threat to India as Pakistan lost both wars badly but even China is no threat to 1.3billion people i don’t think as they don’t need to colonially rule India in order to make money from it which is what they are all about. Like Pakistan thinks of China as an ally. But the reality is that if Pakistan lifted a finger against China they could destroy Pakistan worse than Genghis Khan Ji destroyed the Muslims.

Nehru was lying. No intellectual can take serious the claim that he thought Pakistan would come back to India. He knew that Pakistan reduced the Muslim population of India from 25% to 12.5% overnight (making India controllable for him). Nowadays if u lump India, Pakistan + Bangladesh populations together, Hindu’s only account for 60%. So one day (without the creation of Pakistan) it was inevitable that Hindu’s would have fallen to a minority and Muslims would have been the majority population across all of India, Pakistan + Bangladesh. Luckily for the Hindu’s the Muslims will never rule India again as a result of partition. So even the RSS now realise it did them a favor in the long term.

True it wasn’t just Arabs that raped and murdered the Punjabi Muslims into accepting Islam and other qaums also raped+killed the Punjabi Muslim ancestors as is well recorded in history. Bro u as a proud Punjabi Muslim and those from certain castes like massali's or changar's might speak Punjabi but the majority of Punjabi Muslims do not have the legal right to even learn there own language and don’t even care as they consider the Hindustani language (Urdu) as superior. The Punjabi Muslims overall are still slaves. Just that your rulers now sit in Islamabad.

I mean which caste do you belong to and how many MP’s does your caste even have in Islamabad?

India will never invade Pakistan. India can’t even deal with its own pathetic mess let alone Pakistan.

India and Pakistan are just two criminal terrorist fascist states who are jointly co-operating to increase trade + business ties rather than go to actual war regardless of the oath they pretend to take of avenging Pakistan’s big defeat in 1971.

The only other way you can preserve Pakistan whilst dismembering India is if the majority of the Pakistani population left Islam over a generation. As an atheist republic of Pakistan would be seen as no real threat to newly independent smaller former Indian states. So if u won’t campaign for Pakistan to collapse the least u can do to help Sikhs is educate people in Pakistan to ditch Islam (not just the rich atheists who pretend to be Muslim to rule Pakistan).

Another thing u as a Pakistani can do is campaign to stop the supply of drugs by Pakistan into East Punjab affecting millions of Sikh lives as with Pakistani drugs flooding East Punjab it guarantees Delhi’s rule (which is why Delhi encourages Pakistani drugs into east Punjab).

Yes we think we got freedom because it is till better to live with Urdu and Pakistan than living under Hindu Raj and having Hindi as your country language.If Punjabi is not province language it is because vast majority of Punjabis don't want it and If a majority of Punjabi Muslims start a movement to have Punjab as province language than no mai ka laal can deny the rights of Punjabi language.So it's up to Punjabi Muslims to decide that.Just as Punjabi Hindu have abandoned Punjabi for the sake of Hindi.And I 100 % sure If Sikh have their religious scriptures in some other language ie hindi their attitude towards their maa boli would have no different thn that of Punjabi Hindus and Muslims.All your love for Punjabi is because of your religious affiliation.
Why would we want to create another big enemy like China.We can hardly deal with India let alone China.Genghis Khan and Mongols tried to conquer the whole world not just Islamic lands.They came to conquer Islam but see the irony it was Islam which conquered them.Many notable Mongols converted to Islam and did their best to spread Islam in central Asia.One of them was Berke Khan who was grandson of Genghis Khan.Berke Khan converted to Islam and he even sided with Muslim Mamluks against Mongols at battle of Ain Jalaout.Mamluks gave thrashing defeat to Mongols and saved the rest of Muslim Lands.
And many Sikhs think of Hindus/Indian army as their brother but the reality is that if Sikhs lifted a finger against Indian state they (Hindus/Indian army) could destroy the Sikh worse than Indira Gandhi ji destroyed Sikhs.
It is the recent phenomena among Hindus who outwardly try to tell others that they are happy to Pakistan but inwardly they can't digest the fact that they had to lose 1/4 of their country just because of one man (Quaid).The term "Grapes are sour" can be applied to those people.And plz try to understand that If 25 % of Muslim would ever try to become majority.Would Hindu remain silent ? Hindu were almost 3 times more than Muslims.They can turn the table on us and do the same thing on us.They too can increase their population as well.They already had the advantage on us about 3 to 1.
Arabs and Afghans raped Punjabi Muslims.This is not entirely true.I don't know or read anywhere that they raped Punjabi Muslims.But even if they did that does not mean that once a Punjabi Muslim is raped by an Arab then he accepted Islam.I mean it does not stand to logic that someone raped your mother and instead of killing him you adopt his religion.That's pure BS my dear.If a person of any religion raped my relative I would beat the <banned word filter activated> out of him rather than accepting his religion.That's a natural thing.Moreover that part of forced conversion is a bit exaggerated only a few Muslim rules like Aurngazeb ones adopted the method of forced conversion.Muslims ruled at least northern India for more than 500 years.In that period they could have at least made the Delhi 100 % Muslims.In 1947 it was just 30% Muslim.UP was 80% Hindu.If some Muslim rules forced people to accept to Islam that does not mean every single Muslim is forcefully converted.If every Muslim ruler has adopted this trend of forced conversion then they would not have been able to rule for a long period of 500 years.Just look at Aurangzeb he tried to force people to Islam and see what happened the mighty Mughal empire disintegrated withing years after his death.Although nominally it survived 150 years after the death of Aurangzeb.But it did not have control beyond the walls of lal qila.Hindus just can't digest the fact that 500 million of them are now Muslims who would have been Hindus otherwise that's why they exaggerate the forced conversions.
How hypocritically they completely ignore the fact that Sufis did a great job in bringing these people to Islam (Now don't come up with the thing that they Sufi are not considered Muslims by so called mainstream.Just deobandis and Wahhabi don't respect them a majority of of Indian,Bangladesh and Pakistani Muslims respect them Brelvi Islam is the most popular form of Islam in Sub Continent and we brelvis are more than 50 % in Pak 25 % are Shia in Pakistan So a vast majority of people respect Sufis).By the way a Barlvi Muslims may be ok with a Hindu or Sikh but he hates Wahhabis.Coz most wahabis believe in the destruction of Mazar or Pirs.So Muslims are just as much divided as other groups.So there is no such thing is Islamic Pakistan.
Yes Muslim empires also played a big rule to spread Islam by helping Muslim missionaries who did Dawah. Further more by converting to Islam the low caste Hindus have an opportunity to get better jobs and other advantages as Muslims were the rulers.You can't ignore the fact that why it is always Hindus who converted to their religions be it Islam or Sikhism or Buddhism.If Christianity can be spread by missionaries.Why can't Islam be spread by Dawah ?.You can see that Indonesia the largest Muslim country never conquered by any Muslim army.Malaysia and Brunei also converted by the preaching of Arab traders.
And by the way everyone is in this world is a convert in some way.Even whole of Arabia was not Muslim at one point in the history.Turks were mostly followers of Shamanism.Iranians were Zoroastrians.And Vast majority of Indian Muslims were Hindus.
To say that Muslims are converted by means of force is like saying every Hindu converted to Sikhism to save Hinduism by Mughals.This is what many Hindus say.banda ehna kolon puchay . Why they could not defended Hinduism while reaming Hindus?
My caste/tribe is Barlas which is a sub caste/tribe of Mughals . We have 5 Pinds majority of Barlas Mughals.But our surrounding ares are dominated by Gujjars and Rajputs.
I think million of Indians and Pakistanis would disagree with your statement that both nations are fascists and terrorist.Both nations are trying their best to preserve their identity don't how longer they will be able to hold their countries together.
Pakistanis are pretty conservative for them Islam is the best.So there is no chance of Atheism at the moment.It will take some 100 years or more before religion will lose its importance in our country.By that time I think we would be able to invent some other ideology to keep the country one.
And I'm agreed there are many atheists in our so called upper class.But instead of challenging religion they chose to remain silent.Even I have doubts about the existence of God but I still believe that only Islam can hold Pakistan together at the moment because almost every ethnic group in Pak have been Muslim for more than 1000 years while they have been Pakistanis for just 70 years so I think we need the religion for at least another 70 years.I firmly believe that every religion is man made but still I have strong feelings of belonging to Muslim Community.I think same can be the case with some Pakistani Atheists.Just as Indian writer Kushwant singh have doubts about the existence of God but he was still proud of his religion.Same is with me.I mentioned these details about me because I think you are taking me as some Katar "Musala".I just wanted to clear your misconception about me.

Good post Yoyo bro. But remember Hindi and Urdu are effectively the same language just that Urdu has more foreign vocabulary from Arabic and Farsi words. Yes u are right that non-Sikhs don’t care about Punjabi and are happy and proud to replace it with Hindi and Urdu nowadays.

Yes non-Muslim general Genghis Khan Ji wanted to rule the world but respect to him that he delivered Islam one of it’s most crushing defeats in military terms. Islam still hasn’t conquered the original Mongolian qaum. But it’s true that the offspring of those raped by Genghis Khan’s army eventually were conned into believing Islam. And obviously Mughals as descendents of those who converted to Islam played a big part in spreading Islam for the Arab cultural empire.

No Sikh thinks of the Indian Army as their brother. All Sikhs remember what General Brar did for Indira.

Indian Army defeated Pakistan twice and kept China from taking Arunachal only thanks to Sikhs.

Obviously it was Sikhs like General Shabeg Singh Ji and General Arora who were key to liberating Bangladesh.

Indira Gandhi tried to destroy Sikhs. But look at whose hands she died like a dog. The enemies of Sikhs will always be defeated no matter how long it takes. Remember the Mughals and Pathans in previous genocides against the Sikh Panth killed off 90% of Sikhs alive at the same time but all these years later there are still 30 million Sikhs alive.

When 96% of Pakistan population are Muslims the Hindu’s can hardly think that they lost ¼ of their country.

The reality is that by cutting out the Muslims of Pakistan the Hindutva people strengthened their control over India.

25% was in 1947 bro. Now Hindu’s are only 60% of India, Pakistan + Bangladesh combined and it was inevitable that Hindu’s would have become minority without partition saving them.

Arabs and Afghans and other Muslims raped Punjabi Hindu’s into converting to Islam. True that high caste Muslims like yourself who are Mughal caste and Syed caste etc came into Indian sub-continent as Muslims already to rule it but the vast majority of Punjabi Muslims have Hindu ancestors who were bullied and raped into Islam. True Sufi’s are not Muslims as they reject the personal life example of Prophet Muhammad’s slavery of innocent human beings, pedophilia, terrorism etc.

It totally stands to logic that rape and terrorism result in the oppressed adopting Islam and Christianity as a way of surviving.

The powerless could not fight back against Islamic Empires like the Mughal Empire.

Delhi only became 30% Muslims after the British Empire enabled non-Muslims to increase there.

Christianity was mostly spread by the sword globally just like Islam but yes dawah is a clever tactic too.

The first Sikh was Bhai Mardana Ji (an apostate from Islam) so logically it cannot be true that only Hindu’s converted to Sikhi to save Hinduism (when Sikhi demolishes Hinduism and Islam theologically). 50% of Guru Nanak Dev Ji’s followers (the very first Sikhs) were born to Muslim parents.

Yes Jatts, Gujjars and Rajputs are examples of big populations of former Hindu castes as the majority of Punjabi Muslims.

Obviously your Mughal sub-caste of the Barlas were given jagirdari over 5 villages by the Mughal empire.

I totally believe that India and Pakistan are terrorist fascist states that need to be dismantled to give freedom to people at local level where everyone can speak in there own language freely.

True that it will take time for atheism to destroy the Islamic nature of Pakistan. But atheists like you YoYo can play a big role in shaping Pakistan’s future positively and bringing about peace and freedom to the people ruled by terrorists from Delhi and Islamabad.

Once Hinduism and Islam disintegrate as the false religions they are there will be peace and harmony between all the people living in India and Pakistan.

Yes i understand why u doubt the existence of God yoyo bro when Prophet Muhammad made the false claim that it was God who wrote the Quran (which supports slavery, rape, terrorism, pedophilia etc). Yes i agree with u that it’s obvious Islam is a man-made religion created by Prophet Muhammad. This challenge by Ali Sina can help you make many Muslims leave Islam as it can't be refuted.

http://www.faithfreedom.org/challenge.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVWksqo-u-8

I respect and like the fact that u don’t believe in Islam but only want to use it as a tool to keep your beloved Pakistan together.

But once Hinduism and Islam can vanish as false religons from this earth then not only can Pakistan’s people be happy but the whole world can live peacefully as one people. Just like how Tibetans, Sikhs and Mongolians peacefully respect each other as brothers, you too can return to your Mongolian and Punjabi roots as a true brother once the innocent people of Pakistan and India are freed from the lies of Hinduism and Islam.

Collapsing Pakistan won't lead to India disintegrating, this isn't the 1970s any more. India is a power in its own right and no longer needs a common enemy to unite it. As for what's best for Pakistan, I'm afraid neither I nor anyone else who isn't a Pakistani can make that choice. I suspect though that pushing the densely-populated Indian leviathan next door into anarchy will be far from a wise move.

It would be stupid for the UN Security Council to invite India. The western powers don't really want yet another Asian behemoth with its own foreign policy agenda at the table, the current two already give USA, UK and France enough trouble as it is. Also, India is rather indecisive owing to the Byzantine complexity of its political system. China and Russia think in the long-term, and the democratic powers can also make decisive moves from time to time (particularly the French), but India? They'd take the UNSC seat for prestige then just sit back and do their own thing. It takes a hard push for India to even protect its own interests. Is India intervening in Afghanistan to stop Opium production? Nope. Has India intervened in Iraq after the discovery that ISIS murdered dozens of their own citizens? Nope. Did India quickly deal with their atrocious border with Bangladesh? Nope, they've sat around on the problem for decades and only just sorted it this month.

And of course the western press are lavishing accolades on Modi for solving the Bangladesh enclave issue now. Real powers receive praise for making real progress, India gets it for solving a ridiculously-obvious problem half a century too late. That's the nature of Indian prestige: it's a mirage, hype created by the confluence of lofty government propaganda with an anti-colonial western media narrative of a triumphant underdog. The trouble is that India believes its own hype. Hopefully the UNSC are more intelligent than that, though I have my doubts.