Sant Hari Singh Randhawa Wale Controversy

GurburAkal

I did watch part of the sakhi they were referring too as my Bhabhi reposted it on her feed FB , posted by missionary/reactionaries ...I couldn't understand why Guru ji would discriminate against anyone unless they were polluted of mind ...given Asa di vaar sutak references etc and sakhis I heard about Guru ji bringing a beggar into darbar who was afflicted by wounds which had flies getting attracted etc ...I hadn't heard this sakhi before and the recording was a little hard to hear clearly any clue which sakhi and source it was taken from?

No clue, brother, I didn't really dig into it, sorry.

What exactly was said by Baba Ji regarding the "impurity" of women? Did he actually say such a thing?

found the video

I really was puzzled by this ...sakhi? Given Guru Nanak Dev Ji faisla in Gurbani about sutak . Given by the fact that Guru ji uplifted women by saying you no longer are a kalnkni if your husband or child dies , that you are equal in spiritual duties to Men i.e. all the moments of your life you pray , nitnem is constant unlike my Muslim sisters who are told not to go to mosque , to not do namaz and this is then used as a justification to count her devotion to Allah as lesser and thus her worth as well. My Hindu sisters and Jewish Sisters are also treated as polluting too during this time some sects of christians believe this too.

Guru Gobind SIngh ji had Mata Bhag Kaur as his personal Bodyguard does this mean she was excused duties at that time...if one followed the line of argument it sounds as if he is saying a woman in that state should not come to Guruji darbar or do matha tek ...so wrong ...

found the video

I really was puzzled by this ...sakhi?

Hmm... where is this sakhi from? Is it from a Granth or the works of a scholar?

I guess the pertinent question is who else amongst the Holy men and learned of Sikhi concur with this katha? Is it accurate according to Gurmat, whether we like it or not?

I begin to worry when I hear someone of that position and status in a religion say, "If you question me or the reasoning I've just presented, you're going against the tenets of your faith." I expect that from some other faiths, but not Sikhi.

One thing's for certain, those apes who went on the rampage when this issue originally arose have made darn sure no rehat-adhering Sikh will question Baba Ji and take them to task for making an erroneous statement - if it is against Gurmat - because nobody in their right mind will want to side with the missionary position on this issue.