How About An .......akaal Takht In Exile?

garch

the jathedar of akaal thakht has always been the jathedar of bhuddal dal...this got messed up with singh sabha movement in 1925 onwards(they threw out dasam bani)...baba prem singh the current jathedar of the 96 cror fauj should be reinstated..then we will see gurmat vidiya not modern day pleasing sermons....

the jathedar of akaal thakht has always been the jathedar of bhuddal dal...this got messed up with singh sabha movement in 1925 onwards(they threw out dasam bani)...baba prem singh the current jathedar of the 96 cror fauj should be reinstated..then we will see gurmat vidiya not modern day pleasing sermons....

From what i understand there was such a tradition once..

It sounds like u wouldn't agree with a sarbat khalsa selecting a mukhi/5 singhs outside of this jatha. I guess that pits you against the original suggestion of a sarbat khalsa selection, without which the wider panth wont support and the current ststus quo would continue.

My feeling on this is that - what if that jatha got infiltrated by the enemy (Waheguru forbid this ever happen) - then we'd be screwed again.. if the gurus own children could betray them then anyone can, so why restrict it so only a person from a single group could guide us if there is more credible gurmukh elsewhere. Yes once the most credible gurmukhs may have belonged to this jatha and still may, in which case I hope they would get selected. Just my view.

Sarbat khalsa is the only way ensuring the highest avastha wale gurmukh are 'selected'.

Thank you for your input bhai sahib.

The current akal takht jathedar is stuck between a rock and a hard place, to give him some credit he has tried to resolve some issues in the Sikh community however when it comes to political issues which are more important he has shyed away from. An akal takht jathedhar should always be brave and spoke on behalf of the 30+ million strong Sikh community world wide not be under the thumb of any foreign political or religious body like the indian govt or hindu nationalist groups, etc. The jathedhar knows Sikhs took a beating in 1980s because they didnt realise the pawns they were in a global game of world powers up against each other They didnt have military intelligence which was vital in a war with the indian govt and huge indian army, they did not start the war but should have finished it if they had diplomatic allies and military strategists instead of die hard warriors rushing to kill and be killed against the enemy like ancient times.

The Jathedhar is weak and knows about what will happen to him and hardline Sikh nationalists if they fought the foreign indian union power that is occupying the flow of money, the power and the respect of their homeland. So as an individual you cant blame him for him to look out for the best interests for himself and the safest for community. But Punjabi Sikhs are known to rush into trouble without a care when there is a brave and fearless leader at the top but when there is not one then punjabi Sikhs will not be so eagar to rush in to fight for the cause. Back in the days when Sikhs saw a strong leader they were ever ready to give their life and liberty for him and but since we dont have one presently this is the reason why we have seen a stalemate in Sikh political affairs for the past 20years where injustices have not been addressed by forming of legitimate Sikh national hit squads targeting murderers and rapists of 1980's Sikh families since the indian judical system has shown its contempt of minority communities getting justice. And those families affected by indian state terrorism have not been looked after either, they have been left to fend for themselves so most people in punjab see that and dont want to experience that again unless they are real die hards and incredibly brave.

Some guy on this forum had already proposed this idea of outside india based takhts years ago then followed by basics of sikhi, jagraj singh also suggested this idea about a year or so back.

And makes sense to have a UK or europe akhal takht so that no Sikh has to go to the atheist freemason money hungry morons at SGPC run akal takht for edicts and directions. No one respects SGPC no more everyone knows the akal takht jathedar is a sell out under the wing of atheist/hindu punjabi badal.

So only way to get our house in order is to 1) form a armed campaign to free the indian union govt occupied akal takht as per sikh history and traditions. This option is very unlikely given the state of geo-politics and lack of balance in supporting minority groups struggling for freedom in a globalised corrupt world or 2) peacefully and legitimately create our own takht with all the punjabi cultural & political minded idiots never to be allowed to stand as a jathedar for it. Only brave intelligent western born and educated and wise Sikhs should be allowed to hold office.

Some guy on this forum had already proposed this idea years ago then basics of sikhi, jagraj singh also suggested this idea about a year back.

And makes sense to have a UK or europe akhal takht so that no Sikh has to go to the freemason money hungry morons at SGPC run akal takht for edicts and directions. No one respects SGPC no more everyone knows the akal takht jathedar is a sell out under the wing of atheist/hindu punjabi badal.

So only way to get our house in order is to 1) form a armed campaign to free the indian union govt occupied akal takht as per sikh history and traditions or 2) peacefully and legitimately create our own takht with all the punjabi cultural & political minded idiots never to be allowed to stand as a jathedar for it. Only brave intelligent western born and educated and wise Sikhs should be allowed to hold office.

not quite the same as what I've suggested.. I dont feel we need an additional takht for the western world.. we're by an large free to practice our faith anyway we want and don't really need another takt. Any issues we have over here are petty and cannot be compared to the oppression in india.

freeing the takts in india is the need of the day, our brothers and sisters over there are under attack..

this wouldn't be a physical building but chosen singhs to precide over panthic matters.. and they could leave india if needed to so they lead without being gagged.

in my mind 5 singhs like hardev singh lulonwale, sukha singh uk, ranjit singh dhadrianwale and an honest and respected akj and nihang gurmukh would be a good representation of the worldwide kaum and would ensure the vast majority of sikhs stand under one banner (u might have different names but thats beside the point, im sure we could agree on someone)

A takt in exile would still preside over indias panthic matters; free from the shackles of the hindutva controlled takts and loosen badals grip over sikhs.

Its better if we have one akaal takht without a fixed abode if neccesary for now, but the sangat have the power to remove an unworthy mukhi via a panthic meeting.

From what i understand there was such a tradition once..

It sounds like u wouldn't agree with a sarbat khalsa selecting a mukhi/5 singhs outside of this jatha. I guess that pits you against the original suggestion of a sarbat khalsa selection, without which the wider panth wont support and the current ststus quo would continue.

My feeling on this is that - what if that jatha got infiltrated by the enemy (Waheguru forbid this ever happen) - then we'd be screwed again.. if the gurus own children could betray them then anyone can, so why restrict it so only a person from a single group could guide us if there is more credible gurmukh elsewhere. Yes once the most credible gurmukhs may have belonged to this jatha and still may, in which case I hope they would get selected. Just my view.

Sarbat khalsa is the only way ensuring the highest avastha wale gurmukh are 'selected'.

Thank you for your input bhai sahib.

the reason the tradition worked was because the perfect guru started it..we as humans are soo mind orientated that we fail to be guided by our guru directed heart....traditions was started by divine universal laws not the limited mind...

anyone can be ilfiltrated....im not against your suggestion but its just not practrical in the sense what you see in punjab is what will end up here... reason being the will power of greedy people will get them in a position of 5 pyaareh and the understanding and bhaghti of true people will draw themselves away from this kind of politics.....

Akaal takht away from its base in punjab is near impossible....sikhi outside punjab is getting stronger and stronger its just a matter of time till its influence is directed and affected in the akaal thakt....patience is key....this is alll hukam... baba nanak also stated that sikhs will only be sikhs in name not practice....

Next thing will be that we have to respect Santo (aka Santa Singh biggest traitor ever)

no not really.. he messed up, even today people of this samprada say he was wrong...

but a good/honest/humble topic was started and your going to be the plum that turns it into an petty argument going off topic rather then haveinga suggestion/opinion on the origional post....

start a new topic and lets go through the flaws of all jathas regarding pre and post 84....

Good joke as if brave, intelligent educated and wise Sikhs are only born in the West.

Wake up and smell the coffee before posting such comments.

It wasnt a joke i was making a serious argument. Perhaps you want the likes of dirty political figures badal in europe too controlling takhts.

If a UK takht is set up, those illegally occupying the akal takht right now would not have the power and legitimacy they have now in the affairs of Sikhs aboard. Hardly anyone listens to the Akal takht edicts now as it is because the institution has been corrupted by non-sikh individuals in Sikh persons appearance.

My central point is western born Sikhs are far less likely to be swayed or hold any allegiances to Indian political establishment figures.

Maybe I'm deluded but I believe that the sikh kaum (including most Jathe/joe bloggs) have the desire and ability to find and select a gurmukh(s) that has the gurmat gian and leadership ability for the role of guiding us through this battle.

Whom do you think would be suitable candidates veerji?