Hypothetical New Sikh Sect That Accepts Homosexuality

Guest Jacfsing2

Wow, just wow. Name calling? I thought this was Sikh forum not some trashy Desi/Asian forum.

There's nothing in SGGS ji that supports either side. This is why I said this issue has nothing to do with spiritual, but more to do with cultural. It's obvious majority of Sikhs coming from Punjabi/Indian background where homosexuality is looked down on wouldn't support Gay marriages or Gay Sikh in general. This is why homosexuality wouldn't be accepted in Sikh community not because it's wrong in spiritual/religious context.

I personally don't care enough if homosexuality is right or wrong in Sikh context, but you and anyone else on here can't stop others forming their own groups that will support homosexuality in the long term. So why bother fighting it? Why not worry on more pressing issues in our community than this issue which is turning into another "table and chairs in Gurdwara" issue?

I apologize for the name-calling, that was my Haumai which I still hold the shackles from all my life.

What would you know anyways, just look at your username, how disrespectful! Did you forget our beloved Sheikh Farid?

SYB just means dance in ebonics but i wudn't expect a Hindu caste system supporter like u to know that.

Baba Farid Ji wrote Gurbani as the great Sikh they were and i never forget their contribution to Sikhi.

Baba Farid condemned all the lies that Islam + Hinduism are famous for + that u Preeet are known to believe in.

Worship of human beings like Krishna who had multiple women + slave-owning pedophile terrorists like Muhammad was hated by Baba Farid Ji. So don't go claiming (like u are prone to) that Baba Farid Ji was not a Gurmukh Sikh.

Guest Jacfsing2

SYB just means dance in ebonics but i wudn't expect a Hindu caste system supporter like u to know that.

Baba Farid Ji wrote Gurbani as the great Sikh they were and i never forget their contribution to Sikhi.

Baba Farid condemned all the lies that Islam + Hinduism are famous for + that u Preeet are known to believe in.

Worship of human beings like Krishna who had multiple women + slave-owning pedophile terrorists like Muhammad was hated by Baba Farid Ji. So don't go claiming (like u are prone to) that Baba Farid Ji was not a Gurmukh Sikh.

I never understood why your username was SYB? Were you registering to this forum to quickly and all the other names were taken?

That is completely unnecessary. I believe with the utmost conviction that Sikhi is the only major monotheistic religion that can accommodate homosexuals.

We, as Sikhs, keep our kes uncut because we are enjoined to accept our Satguru's design. Does the same not apply to one's sexual orientation? If one is born gay, then the 'Sikh' thing to do, in my opinion, is to accept that too.

And for those who are considering drawing comparisons between two consenting adults of the same sex having a loving relationship, and monsters who molest children, paedophilia and most other forms of sexual deviancy are acquired behaviors. Nobody is born with these proclivities. The instance of paedophilia for example is quite high among people who were sexually abused as children.

It is sad that certain elements have made Sikhi so inhospitable for some people that ideas of fantastical Sikh sects where they can finally be accepted even has to be considered.

^^^ this.

I'm rather certain I've liked every post of yours on this topic. Couldn't have put it better myself. Accept my approbation.

Though I don't completely disagree with the opposing opinion (it is easy to see where their passé view stems from), I am more favourably disposed towards your own.

Cheerio ;)

I'll be the first to admit that I personally don't know enough to form a concrete opinion on whether or not gay marriage is permitted by the Gurus.

All I know is that calling them paapis/sinners is definitely against the principles of Sikhism, and goes against the whole concept of "indiscriminate love"

agreed!

The most sensible comment ive read of urs.

Where there is no clear mention by guru sahibs we have to use precedents..

Guru sahib hasn't left any clear evidence in support of or against homosexuals so we shouldn't try speak for them and condemn homosexuals. we are equals.

There is certainly no mention of maharaj blessing a homosexual union so sikhs cannot utilise sggs in any sort of a ceremony to do this either. If anyone tries im sure they will meet with the sharp edge of a kirpan!

My view - sexual orientation (whichever way) is a natural impulse as are most of ours desires. But like any of our primitive/karnal desires we can suppress them if they don't take us closer to/or create barriers between our end goal.

Sikhs should accept gays the same as heteros but should reject any anti gurmat practice just as they should with heteros (unfortunately we don't bash our mates as much for getting it on with their opposite sex gf/bf before marriage).

truth is I pity homosexuals (not that they want my pity), most unfortunately probably lead a difficult and challenging existence because of the ignorance of man and their inability to accept Wahegurus bhana.

A new sect wouldn't be needed as any true gurmukh would treat homos/heteros exactly the same.