May Contain Trace Of Egg

gsingh9

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I have question for my veg brothers/sisters.

I want to take protein shakes and because there made in a factory with egg, it says may contain traces of egg and other stuff.

Is it acceptable if i take them ?

Veerji, do you want to drink them because you lift weights?

Protein shakes are intended to supplement your diet, to help you meet your protein goals when your diet doesn't already fulfill them. If you can find a vegan protein shake, great, but if not, there are foods you can incorporate into your diet which will do the trick.

The RDA (protein) for an average man is about 40g. I consume 100 grams of protein a day. 4 pints of skimmed milk, 46 almonds and a cheese dish every day surpasses this. It is also relatively cheap.

"May contain traces of egg" ....is a warning for people with egg allergies. It doesn't mean that the product contains egg....But that the product was manufactured around or near production belts where eggs may have been present for other products.

On the same level, there are many other products consumed by vegans that have come from production lines where traces of processed meats for other products from production lines may well be present ....HOWEVER, there are no warnings-since allergies to meat traces are not as common as egg.

This is more of a personal choice..and is about bibek.

For any prepared/pre-packed...processed food product, you can NEVER be 100% certain what kind of 'suchai' was used in manufacture process.

Choice is yours as per intellect and individual circumstances.

As for protein shakes and the essential amino acids, minerals and nutrients that are concentrated in these drinks....I am certain that you can't replicate it with natural diet, especially because of the number of chemicals/pesticides used for fruit and vegetable.

I know of many SIngh's that workout and use theses shakes and other supplements.

Veerji, do you want to drink them because you lift weights?

Protein shakes are intended to supplement your diet, to help you meet your protein goals when your diet doesn't already fulfill them. If you can find a vegan protein shake, great, but if not, there are foods you can incorporate into your diet which will do the trick.

The RDA (protein) for an average man is about 40g. I consume 100 grams of protein a day. 4 pints of skimmed milk, 46 almonds and a cheese dish every day surpasses this. It is also relatively cheap.

Thanks you for replying.

I'm underweight and so skinny, so I wanted to take some weight gaining shakes to help me gain more weight. Also I wanted to start working out and get a bit more fit.

I shall probably start eating almonds then thanks for the tip.

"May contain traces of egg" ....is a warning for people with egg allergies. It doesn't mean that the product contains egg....But that the product was manufactured around or near production belts where eggs may have been present for other products.

On the same level, there are many other products consumed by vegans that have come from production lines where traces of processed meats for other products from production lines may well be present ....HOWEVER, there are no warnings-since allergies to meat traces are not as common as egg.

This is more of a personal choice..and is about bibek.

For any prepared/pre-packed...processed food product, you can NEVER be 100% certain what kind of 'suchai' was used in manufacture process.

Choice is yours as per intellect and individual circumstances.

As for protein shakes and the essential amino acids, minerals and nutrients that are concentrated in these drinks....I am certain that you can't replicate it with natural diet, especially because of the number of chemicals/pesticides used for fruit and vegetable.

I know of many SIngh's that workout and use theses shakes and other supplements.

Thanks Veer ji for replying, I do eat processed food. Just feel a bit guilty when I see the "may contain traces of egg", so probably have to get over it.

Whilst it's not a common issue for most people, protein shakes (or protein powders) cause heart palpitations in some instances, so take it easy. I found my resting heart rate would fluctuate wildly when I drank protein shakes years ago, so I stopped and began incorporating protein into my diet instead. Much better for me at least. But like I said it's a non issue for most folks, but one to keep in mind if problems are experienced.

With protien for lean muscle growth and recovery all forms of protien are not equal, whey protein is more absorbable by the muscles hence why a lot of protien shakes incorporate it.

For gaining muscle it is very difficult to consume enough protien on a vegetarian diet without also consuming excess fat and carbs.

Protien shakes are only supposed p supplement your dietary intake of protien they are not supposed to be your primary source of protien.

Whilst it's not a common issue for most people, protein shakes (or protein powders) cause heart palpitations in some instances, so take it easy. I found my resting heart rate would fluctuate wildly when I drank protein shakes years ago, so I stopped and began incorporating protein into my diet instead. Much better for me at least. But like I said it's a non issue for most folks, but one to keep in mind if problems are experienced.

Thanks for the tip, hopefully no side effects for me.

There are plant based protein shakes you can take, designed for vegans.

Think I bought vegan protein powder, but all of them do say may contain trace off egg.

With protien for lean muscle growth and recovery all forms of protien are not equal, whey protein is more absorbable by the muscles hence why a lot of protien shakes incorporate it.

For gaining muscle it is very difficult to consume enough protien on a vegetarian diet without also consuming excess fat and carbs.

Protien shakes are only supposed p supplement your dietary intake of protien they are not supposed to be your primary source of protien.

At the moment, excess fats and carbs should't be a problem for me as I'm really skinny.

Thanks you for replying.

I'm underweight and so skinny, so I wanted to take some weight gaining shakes to help me gain more weight. Also I wanted to start working out and get a bit more fit.

I shall probably start eating almonds then thanks for the tip.

If you're looking to gain weight, you'll need more than a few extra almonds, bro. Use calorie calculator to see how many calories per day you need to maintain or gain weight. Add about 500 to that number and eat about that much.

If you're looking to gain weight, you'll need more than a few extra almonds, bro. Use calorie calculator to see how many calories per day you need to maintain or gain weight. Add about 500 to that number and eat about that much.

Thanks. Checked out how much my intake should be.