Lazer Before Amrit

Guest Buxton

Guest Buxton

I'm a keshdhari working towards the eventual goal of taking amrit. Ive seen alot (specically females) having lazer treatment done before taking amrit.

i'm tempted to do the same, just so i don't remove any hair or have the urges to after taking amrit and commit a kerit.

whats the sangat's opinions on lazer treatment before taking amrit? technically your not a gursikh yet, or amritdhari, or a khalsa. so why not right? seen plently of girls with issues having it done before amrit too and they're happier afterwards and full of confidence having not taken that step and then done the business.

What you are proposing is akin to someone going on a sex rampage and sleeping with as many people as they can before their wedding day, when promiscuity shall be prohibited thereafter.

It rather defeats the point of taking Amrit in the first place, doesn't it?

Bit extreme isn't it.

Have you any idea how it would feel to be a female in this society and be made to grow a beard.

Jeez in the old days we used to put them in the circus, the bearded lady, roll up roll up come see the freak.

Sorry boys but Sikhism is a fantastic religion but in the UK you need to relax the facial hair rules otherwise you will lose an awful lot of girls.

Do any of those people even read Gurbani? They clearly don't believe or accept what the Guru says, only keeping kes after Amrit to tick an imaginary box.

That is not love, that is not the way of the slave. It's the way of a person who wants to follow their mind.

What's more is that they think they are above the Guru, that they can somehow get around Maharaj's will. In reality theyre mere pawns in the Guru's hands.

bahuth siaanap aagal bhaaraa ||

Through clever tricks, the weight is only piled on more and more.

Have you any idea how it would feel to be a female in this society and be made to grow a beard.

No.

I don't object to her wanting to remove her hair, what she does with her body is entirely up to her. But attempting to slyly access loopholes to undercut one the most sacred institutions of the Sikh religion and flaunt its conditions is not on.

If one wishes to remove any body hair, they may do so, but they cannot then take Amrit. I am sorry this is not in conformity with your opinions, but it is our way. Nobody is forcing bearded women to become Amritdharis.

Nobody is forcing bearded women to become Amritdharis.

But you are forcing Amritdharis to become bearded women.

I am not going to say any more but this is the one issue that people use to attack Sikhism.

I don't want to leave this website but I have to mention that this is an issue where Old school clashes with New school.

SIKHI IS THE NAME KURBANI/SACRIFICE GIVING HEAD TO GURU JI,

if lazer is ok before amirt shakna, then every women can do amirt shak, and do electrolysis, how tricky we are, please forgive me sangat ji for being harsh. i don't want to remove facial hair. That's why my husband and other women in my family always argue with me not having facial hair removed. i struggle to keep sikh belief, it is Guru Gobind Singh ji's Hukam.

GurFateh ji

Guest Sikh woman

Bit extreme isn't it.

Jeez in the old days we used to put them in the circus, the bearded lady, roll up roll up come see the freak.

Sorry boys but Sikhism is a fantastic religion but in the UK you need to relax the facial hair rules otherwise you will lose an awful lot of girls.

I am a Sikh woman and the religion tells us to not alter the human form. How can you call yourself amritdhari or Sikh when you cannot accept humans in their natural form. Why is it that you consider the natural form a freak but the abnormal cutting of hair is not a freakish act.

I don't understand what you mean by forcing amritdhari women to keep hair - surely they are supposed to keep hair otherwise why bother with saying they are amritdhari. Your logic does not make sense because that is like saying we are forcing amritdhari women to be vegetarian and how difficult it is to since the rest of the world eats meat.

I don't grow a beard like a man but I do have upper lip hair and hair on my face. If you look at a lioness she has face hair but not a mane like a lion. I would find it highly offensive if you called my face hair a beard when it is nothing like a man beard.

It is up to us as the future Sikhs to educate and challenge the world on what they have been brainwashed into accepting as being the truth. So on the current climate I am not womenly because I don't cut hair, don't wear makeup, pain my nails but that's wrong - I am the correct definition of a real woman. That is the truth and whether you want to accept or not accept it doesn't change the fact that it is true.

Once you're at the avastha of rom rom this is something you're going to regret big time.

Our goal is to do bhagti, whether we look good doing it or not is out of the question.

No one can control what you do besides you. But at the end of the day all I'm saying is if you're serious about your sikhi and actually want to do serious bhagti, don't do this.

Not just that, it also shows how much prem you have for maharaj and their decisions.

There isn't really a reason to run after looks when you're in sikhi. When it comes to marriage, a true singh isn't going to run after looks - his main concern is going to be prem and naam kamai. But if I say so myself - a bit of facial hair on a singhni can be cute more than anything negative. I see mata sahib kaur in that image. An extremely power kaur with prem, compassion and justice being her main concern amongst people - not how she or anyone else looks. Just look at people like them as an example. What would mai bhago do?

Stay chardi kala. Bhul chuk maaf. ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ।। ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹਿ ।।

PS: and don't forget your simran. Close the nau darvajay and focus on the dhun.